Epic Perfect World

A sort of 3v3 TW I'd like to make.

Offline Decency23

I'd like to start a sort of 3v3 TW for those more interested in small-scale battles rather than the fairly massive 20v20++.

It would be a little different from TW, rewards wouldn't be per victory, but there would be a large reward for the team that wins the entire competition. Teams would be able to attack 2-3 territories per week (to be decided), and the goal would most likely not be to conquer the entire map, but rather conquer the most territories by the deadline (I'd like for the TW to last 4-6 weeks in between resets). Obviously it wouldn't be about destroying crystals, but rather most likely about winning best of threes versus other teams.

The teams will probably require 5 players, three mains and two alternates/back-ups. Players would be allowed to be on two teams, however they'd have to be an alternate on one and a main on the other. In the case of one player being on two teams fighting eachother, the player would be forced to fight with the team he/she is part of as a main. I'll have to figure out how to schedule fights, but I'll do my best to make it work for the team's fighting, hopefully preventing any teams from being DQ'd from a fight. Teams will also need to assign a captain who I can communicate through to arrange fights and such.

I was thinking the rewards for winning would be something like 500 EC per main player on the winning team, and 100 EC per alternate. However the rewards aren't going to be insane, because the purpose of the event is fun, not EC.

Actual rules of the fights would be something like team buffs only (obviously), pots allowed, but not chocolates. No flying, and stealth is allowed. The spots for fights will differ, sometimes water and sometimes land. To prevent people ruining the fights, I will be privately arranging them with captains, expecting the captains to pass the information on to their team.

Last but not least, the map would be an image which I would edit weekly to represent the teams' current positions on the map.

This thread isn't for people applying with teams, I will make a thread for that eventually when I'm ready. This thread is just to get an idea of opinions, receive suggestions, and figure out roughly how many would participate.

Also I'd like to say that the team size is debatable. I'd like to avoid 1v1 because some classes just aren't strong on their own, but 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5 are all something to consider. If you like the event, but don't like the 3v3 part, please let me know.

Any and all feedback is highly appreciated. Let me know if I've missed anything. Thanks in advance :)
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2013, 06:01 pm by Decency23

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
The event sounds fun but i'm wondering would the reward be by the week or at the end of the entire event? Because I know I would not be the only person that would shy away from an event that would take weeks to finish and have a teeny reward.. yes fun is important but so is my time and effort. Also I question the reasoning behind no chocolates.. they are readily available and part of the pk aspect of the game why not include them when everyone has the option to use them? and finally why no flying? Just curious.
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2013, 06:46 pm by Nutters

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Well, I recall you wanting to do something similar to this back before you quit, but it never actually happened. Now, I'd like this event, but you'll more than likely need help from GM's and access to territory war maps (since I can't think of any other place that is designed for tw's).
Also, I can see drama incoming with people being in two teams and people quitting halfway through the competition so you would have to have a back up plan if something goes wrong. Don't let this bring you down, I hope you'll succeed in organizing this event, you have my best wishes and ensured participation if this were ever to happen.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Decency23

Well, I recall you wanting to do something similar to this back before you quit, but it never actually happened. Now, I'd like this event, but you'll more than likely need help from GM's and access to territory war maps (since I can't think of any other place that is designed for tw's).
Also, I can see drama incoming with people being in two teams and people quitting halfway through the competition so you would have to have a back up plan if something goes wrong. Don't let this bring you down, I hope you'll succeed in organizing this event, you have my best wishes and ensured participation if this were ever to happen.

Appreciate the feedback, and there wasn't a whole lot of interest at the time when I tried before.

It's not so much TW, it's more of a 3v3 tournament that lasts a few weeks with the added concept of taking over territories, meaning it has additional strategy rather than just the skill required to best other players in 3v3s.

I don't think teams will be set in stone, and other teams can join any time they want. If someone leaves a team, the team can get a replacement player.

Offline Decency23

The event sounds fun but i'm wondering would the reward be by the week or at the end of the entire event? Because I know I would not be the only person that would shy away from an event that would take weeks to finish and have a teeny reward.. yes fun is important but so is my time and effort. Also I question the reasoning behind no chocolates.. they are readily available and part of the pk aspect of the game why not include them when everyone has the option to use them? and finally why no flying? Just curious.

Mmm well, I stated it would be a 4-6 week event with a prize at the end for the winning team. I was thinking 500 EC for each main player and 100 EC per back-up for the winning team. I don't know if that's enough. As I said though, it's not supposed to be some ungodly reward, prizes are nice but most of the fun is the actual event.