Epic Perfect World

Venting about R8

Offline Kaleidoscope

• Tangle was here ♥
  • Surge was here ♥
Im not the one who originally suggested it.  If you want EC its an option.  Your not out to TW or PK, your simple out to make EC.  If i had more time ide search through forums and find the post of the GM who did suggest that very thing.

Make your own alt guild, get a guild base, and solo trials. You'll get upwards of 6k EC a week, if you finish them all.

Offline Jynn

I'd just like to know what him being NN's leader has to do with making an alt faction for the sole purpose of trial farming... smmfh...

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i spent so much ECs trying to get x4 def levels on weap. and never succeeded until eventually settling for an alternative. i still think r8 is fair and good for the game. It's just our luck and the stats we aim for that will determine how many ECs we spend. If you don't have enough ECs you can just settle for "lesser" stats compared to your goal. Dragon Gear is also viable. have fun.  :smiley:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y
As a player who uses dragon armor normally with the occasional r8r for tankyness. (One who has attempted to get good r8r adds on both veno and sin.) I feel the current system is fine. It is ridiculous how overpowered some sets of r8r adds are and as such it should be just as ridiculously hard to get these adds.  Any reduction in difficulty will immediately mean more people get "perfect" adds and this makes all non-perfect statted r8r as well as dragon gear that much more obsolete.

It wouldn't hurt maybe to remove the absolute useless stats and then adjust the  awesome stats to be that much more rare as well. Essentially keeping stats like -int/chan, -reduc phys/mag taken, +elemental / physical defense% equally rare but adding the rolls that currently yield useless adds to decent stuff like +stat or +pdef/mdef/hp.  This would make it a lot easier to get okish adds while at the same time not adding more OP adds to the server. On this note adding +movement speed to the possiblities would be something I'd love to have.

Also note, that as a player with TM cape, warsong/cube neck and full dragon gear the players with amazing r8r adds can simply 1shot me at times, no not with powerfull combo's like seekers can do or heavy attacks like full vit barb arma zerkcrit. Just a plain old simple crit hit from for example a wizard or psy attack. PWI style. A lot of people play private server to get away from constantly being 1shot regardless of how good your gear is and while getting a slight advantage in gear in exchange for significant efford is fine the advantage should not, ever, be so high that all those without it become weak and/or obsolete by default. The current system is fine imo, while the insane adds might be OP they are so hard to get that they are rare enough to not be that much of an issue.  I do feel -0.15 bracers and the way some classes get way more out of r8r than others should be addressed, but that's another discussion entirely.

Oh, and to all the people who are just flaming others:

ima start off by saying i think the system for R8 is ok (perhaps a bit annoying but ok). This seems like a well thought out reasonable idea though. I have been frustrated by sinking EC into R8r and not getting the return i wanted. spent 5k ec on sin wrists after that i gave up though. something i found that helps is keeping say your weapon with decent stats getting a second weapon and trying again. this way you have a fal back and its not all wasted if u get bad rolls again. you will atleast have that 1 decent roll u saved. just an idea of something to try hope it helps :3
i spent so much ECs trying to get x4 def levels on weap. and never succeeded until eventually settling for an alternative. i still think r8 is fair and good for the game. It's just our luck and the stats we aim for that will determine how many ECs we spend. If you don't have enough ECs you can just settle for "lesser" stats compared to your goal. Dragon Gear is also viable. have fun.  :smiley:
I'm of the same mind as Jhin, though I do agree with others about tweaking the stats, and maybe removing useless adds (like -requirement for starters >.>)
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2013, 12:28 pm by micropanther

Thank you to Syringe for my avatar <3

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
I think EPW should either increase the ec drop or increase the chance of getting good stat. Like TS,  I had also spend like couple of thousand of ec just to get reasonable stats and still trying. Anyway by suggesting or giving honest feedback about ec, most of the times, ppl always simply accuse u are greedy or lazy which are baseless accusation, if not they'll say its gonna hurt the economy. So wth really gonna to hurt the ingame economy so much ec, in the end the ec price in the forges are still fixed and tons of ec still dump into the reshape forges. Of cos, u can simply say it is easy to farm or easy to get the stats if you have plenty of time or you get your stats on the first few tries... it really frustrating when u manage to farm some ec and then you get poor stats.

How many topics are you gonna cry in about people disagreeing with your 2x scroll?

increasing drop rates WILL hurt the economy. So what if people are using some to make gear other people will be using it to buy other stuff that doesn't take money out of the economy.

say I get 30 ec a hour in the first pv. double that and its 60 ec I am now farming stuff double the rate I was before now if everyone on the server starts pulling in double what they get isnt all gonna be used on rank 8 reforge now is it? say I farm for 24 hours on nothing but EC what exactly would happen if I increased to double? People who think it won't hurt the economy aren't greedy they are just dumb.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
I think EPW should either increase the ec drop or increase the chance of getting good stat. Like TS,  I had also spend like couple of thousand of ec just to get reasonable stats and still trying. Anyway by suggesting or giving honest feedback about ec, most of the times, ppl always simply accuse u are greedy or lazy which are baseless accusation, if not they'll say its gonna hurt the economy. So wth really gonna to hurt the ingame economy so much ec, in the end the ec price in the forges are still fixed and tons of ec still dump into the reshape forges. Of cos, u can simply say it is easy to farm or easy to get the stats if you have plenty of time or you get your stats on the first few tries... it really frustrating when u manage to farm some ec and then you get poor stats.

How many topics are you gonna cry in about people disagreeing with your 2x scroll?

increasing drop rates WILL hurt the economy. So what if people are using some to make gear other people will be using it to buy other stuff that doesn't take money out of the economy.

say I get 30 ec a hour in the first pv. double that and its 60 ec I am now farming stuff double the rate I was before now if everyone on the server starts pulling in double what they get isnt all gonna be used on rank 8 reforge now is it? say I farm for 24 hours on nothing but EC what exactly would happen if I increased to double? People who think it won't hurt the economy aren't greedy they are just dumb.
^
"waah waaaah my 2x scroll idea was so good you're all just too st00pid to appreciate it waaah waah"

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
...you can just settle for "lesser" stats compared to your goal. Dragon Gear is also viable. have fun.  :smiley:

Exactly!

Those "lesser stats" are worse than Dragon.
No need to throw so much EC for nothing.
I've made huge mistake.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

dickroman

i spent like 30k ec for bm and wiz gear, all i got was crap stats :(

Offline Tuga

Reality you guys try do this serv a full pve? :tiger-11:
Do a alt fac just to farm ec lol no comments
Try get same good pk and come here and say how long you search and how long you pk :normal-28:
If ppl like farme years too get end game gear dont come for a private serve just stay in pwi. :monkey-28:

Offline l7ixil7

Seriously, people like you should keep your dumb comment to yourself and are you so dumb that you cannot even read this thread that did I still mention about the 2x scroll. Anyway the 2x scroll thingy was post in the suggestion unless you are trying to hint gm to remove the suggestion thread and ppl like you should be proud that you always try to silence others ppl suggestion, maybe you should try to suggest something and get a feel how ppl respond to your thread...  Btw you think everyone is like you, always farm for ec, 24 hours farming? Or are you trying to hint that you are using bot..hmm.. so can you really explain how exactly will it be hurt the economy? Thanks for insulting players like me and the rest for dumb... ;)

Offline l7ixil7

^
"waah waaaah my 2x scroll idea was so good you're all just too st00pid to appreciate it waaah waah"

err...actually I also don't think it was a really good idea but it was just posted as a suggestion. CuQQles maybe you need to take a break, just look at a mirror and think who is the stoopid one. (Hint: the answer is on the mirror)  :smiley:

Offline Lucky

• Pokemon Master
  • Feel free to PM ingame if you need any help
Personally I think that as much as we all wish Dragon gear is viable...it's not. It's really not. And anyone who denies this 'Oh I use dragon gear and killz stuffs' is either playing against a poor R8R player...or not facing one with supremely crazy R8R sets. R8R offers ~40 attack or defense levels on weap ALONE, or 15 alongside with Purify/GoF. Then, the crazy gear bonuses of -0.15 aps, epic channeling, reduce damage taken, increased phy/mag resistance all add up to make R8R render Dragon obsolete. And THEN we factor in the default 15 attack and defense levels from the set bonus. It's time to wake up, accept the fact that R8R outshines Dragon by far, and decide what we can do about it. While the steps may not be radically extreme, such as making R8R much cheaper or easier to roll great stats, it may be any small solution that helps to the gap between the OP and UP gear. Some solutions I can offer are increasing set bonuses of Dragon/reducing R8Rs', or going all the way and making Dragon absolutely obsolete, and decent R8R affordable to majority of the public, either by reducing it's price or removing useless stats. Some of these solutions were offered by people who previously commented, and I'm sure someone out there has a good and creative way of solving this dilemma. So I would encourage all of you to state your viewpoints and what you think can be done, but in a constructive way such that the GMs will sit up, take notice and implement one or more of our solutions. Now, a toast to working as a community!
ShinyWB Demon Barbarian WildBunch
NaturalTouch Demon Mystic Ducks
LolCrits Sage Assassin
Fistings Demon Blademaster Rawr
LuckyKill Sage Seeker
LoneMaiden Sage Archer

Have you guys ever seen a flock of ducks flying in perfect formation? It's beautiful. Pretty awesome the way they all stick together. Ducks never say die. Ever seen a duck fight? No way. Why? Because the other animals are afraid. They know that if they mess with one duck, they gotta deal with the whole flock. I'm proud to be a Duck, and I'd be proud to fly with any one of you. So how about it? Who's a Duck?

Offline durin

C'mon guys - RNG is RNG, that's the fun about rolling R8, one will get their stats in few rolls others will spend N amount of EC to do the same. Removing the "useless" stats will just ends as anyone running around with same gear.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

Seriously, people like you should keep your dumb comment to yourself and are you so dumb that you cannot even read this thread that did I still mention about the 2x scroll. Anyway the 2x scroll thingy was post in the suggestion unless you are trying to hint gm to remove the suggestion thread and ppl like you should be proud that you always try to silence others ppl suggestion, maybe you should try to suggest something and get a feel how ppl respond to your thread...  Btw you think everyone is like you, always farm for ec, 24 hours farming? Or are you trying to hint that you are using bot..hmm.. so can you really explain how exactly will it be hurt the economy? Thanks for insulting players like me and the rest for dumb... ;)

No you dumbass (excuse me for using this term), he was making an example of how if ec rates were increased.  It will take half the time for people to farm stuff (which is fine and dandy), but the economy will suffer.  Not everyone is gonna use it on r8 (which is a very viable ec sink); and you can't exactly npc them, so where is all that ec gonna go?  It's just gonna switch hands.  Then you'll have 59723047032957324325234 ec's in circulation.  And then people, out of greed or whatever, will raise the prices for stuff.  For example, gold right now is 25 ec's.  If there's more in circulation, prices can double or triple.  Because folks WILL have that much EC to burn, even if they do use it on r8r.

I'm a r8r archer.  I knew that if I wanted to get -int x2 (without a shit add like -requirement), I'd have to spend out the ass.  As an archer who doesn't give a damn about aps, I went for the next best thing for archers--dex.  I have a couple of pieces with max dex (and one of those pieces have -int, which is a bonus to me), and some that I will keep working on until I get the dex I want.  I wouldn't mind a stat adjustment--like getting rid of the -requirement on shit.

C'mon guys - RNG is RNG, that's the fun about rolling R8, one will get their stats in few rolls others will spend N amount of EC to do the same. Removing the "useless" stats will just ends as anyone running around with same gear.

That's the thing though--everyone is rerolling just for that "holy grail" r8r gear.  So eventually once those who are working on that holy grail gets it then you will have everyone running around with the same gear.  Increasing EC will do that faster, at least getting rid of some of the useless stats (requirement is VERY USELESS and is only there to troll the masses, I swear) will still keep it random enough.

I dunno how many people are gonna say "*** the sheep, I want to do something different".

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)