Epic Perfect World

Venting about R8

Offline Kalypso

• Beginner
It is the random nature of R8 gear that is at the heart of this problem.  When rank gear first came out Agatio had the solution to make it fair for all of us.  Balanced Rank 9 sets were patched in for a grand total of 20 minutes before the players threw such a childish fit that it was removed.  The only people to blame for this are the players who complained when it first came out without even haven tried the balanced not random gear.

Ah yes, because a whole other set of gear would change the outcome of stats on R8 gear. Am I right? R8 recast would have still existed and been used as it was meant to be on par with R9. Agatio said he was keeping R8, intending that it was added along with the R9, not just added because R9 was removed. Tsk tsk. Invalid point as it has no relevance to the thread at all. Hush my child, it shall be okay.
EDIT: Not to mention, how could you know they were balanced if you hadn't tried them either? 20 minutes isn't very long, is it?

Except he isn't a child. He's older than you.

Ah yes, you. Must you start with me? You are the one acting like a child. Yet I think it's funny you avoid me ingame. Go along with the thread and its point like I have.
In relation to that, I call anyone and everyone child, regardless. If someone gets offended, I apologize.

Aw my mobile account is wrong. ); all the same.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
It is the random nature of R8 gear that is at the heart of this problem.  When rank gear first came out Agatio had the solution to make it fair for all of us.  Balanced Rank 9 sets were patched in for a grand total of 20 minutes before the players threw such a childish fit that it was removed.  The only people to blame for this are the players who complained when it first came out without even haven tried the balanced not random gear.

Ah yes, because a whole other set of gear would change the outcome of stats on R8 gear. Am I right? R8 recast would have still existed and been used as it was meant to be on par with R9. Agatio said he was keeping R8, intending that it was added along with the R9, not just added because R9 was removed. Tsk tsk. Invalid point as it has no relevance to the thread at all. Hush my child, it shall be okay.
EDIT: Not to mention, how could you know they were balanced if you hadn't tried them either? 20 minutes isn't very long, is it?

Except he isn't a child. He's older than you.

Ah yes, you. Must you start with me? You are the one acting like a child. Yet I think it's funny you avoid me ingame. Go along with the thread and its point like I have.
In relation to that, I call anyone and everyone child, regardless. If someone gets offended, I apologize.

I'm not starting with you. I made a simple comment. Also, I don't avoid you. I just don't care or wish to acknowledge you.
 TBH, I thought you quit.
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2013, 07:33 pm by Satana

Offline Jynn

Ah, yes. <-- This looks very condescending and self-indulgent, imo.

Then again, based on your obsession with that "artist" in your display picture... self-indulgent is probably an accurate observation.

Scylla

I'm not starting with you. I made a simple comment. Also, I don't avoid you. I just don't care or wish to acknowledge you.
 TBH, I thought you quit.

But you took the time to point an idiotic thing? Your logic is wonderful.

And it's funny how this thread turned into something about me, isn't it? Come children, don't get it locked.

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
 TBH, I thought you quit.

But you took the time to point an idiotic thing? Your logic is wonderful.

And it's funny how this thread turned into something about me, isn't it? Come children, don't get it locked.

It's good you admit what you said was idiotic. Though, I think it was more ignorant than idiotic. Props to you, Ma'am for admitting your wrongs. See, Scylla, when someone says something you don't agree with, you feel the need to treat them like have some mental disability. Eh, oh well. I'll just go now before the thread gets locked.

Jolly good day to you.

Offline l7ixil7

I think EPW should either increase the ec drop or increase the chance of getting good stat. Like TS,  I had also spend like couple of thousand of ec just to get reasonable stats and still trying. Anyway by suggesting or giving honest feedback about ec, most of the times, ppl always simply accuse u are greedy or lazy which are baseless accusation, if not they'll say its gonna hurt the economy. So wth really gonna to hurt the ingame economy so much ec, in the end the ec price in the forges are still fixed and tons of ec still dump into the reshape forges. Of cos, u can simply say it is easy to farm or easy to get the stats if you have plenty of time or you get your stats on the first few tries... it really frustrating when u manage to farm some ec and then you get poor stats.

Offline Decency23

ok the fact that you have not bothered to reroll your gear negates u from any valid comments.. u have not felt the frustration of working your ass off to farm enough ec's to reroll repeatedly and continue to get blah stats. I'm not disputing the fact that it is fairly easy to obtain the actual R8.. what I am frustrated with is the odds of getting decent stats..please note that i said decent.. not optimal. I am simply offering suggestions on how possibly it could be improved so that I myself and others don't feel like we are wasting our time and effort busting our ass to reach the full potential of our characters only to be spit at by the R8 gods. Don't preach to me about how reasonable it is when you haven't bothered to do it yourself.

No need to get aggressive. I was only stating I feel it's fair that it' actually takes time to get the absolute best end game gear. R8 is better, but it isn't like people using full dragon gears are useless or anything. I feel your idea of "decent" stats is more like optimal stats. As I said, you posted an opinion, I disagreed, it happens. No need to get angry.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
As a player who uses dragon armor normally with the occasional r8r for tankyness. (One who has attempted to get good r8r adds on both veno and sin.) I feel the current system is fine. It is ridiculous how overpowered some sets of r8r adds are and as such it should be just as ridiculously hard to get these adds.  Any reduction in difficulty will immediately mean more people get "perfect" adds and this makes all non-perfect statted r8r as well as dragon gear that much more obsolete.

It wouldn't hurt maybe to remove the absolute useless stats and then adjust the  awesome stats to be that much more rare as well. Essentially keeping stats like -int/chan, -reduc phys/mag taken, +elemental / physical defense% equally rare but adding the rolls that currently yield useless adds to decent stuff like +stat or +pdef/mdef/hp.  This would make it a lot easier to get okish adds while at the same time not adding more OP adds to the server. On this note adding +movement speed to the possiblities would be something I'd love to have.

Also note, that as a player with TM cape, warsong/cube neck and full dragon gear the players with amazing r8r adds can simply 1shot me at times, no not with powerfull combo's like seekers can do or heavy attacks like full vit barb arma zerkcrit. Just a plain old simple crit hit from for example a wizard or psy attack. PWI style. A lot of people play private server to get away from constantly being 1shot regardless of how good your gear is and while getting a slight advantage in gear in exchange for significant efford is fine the advantage should not, ever, be so high that all those without it become weak and/or obsolete by default. The current system is fine imo, while the insane adds might be OP they are so hard to get that they are rare enough to not be that much of an issue.  I do feel -0.15 bracers and the way some classes get way more out of r8r than others should be addressed, but that's another discussion entirely.

Oh, and to all the people who are just flaming others:

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut

Oh, and to all the people who are just flaming others:

+10

i agree can we please keep this on topic.. we all agree sylica is a troll.. just try to ignore them.. i do like the idea of removing useless stats. That might even eliminate some of the frustration some of us are experiencing.

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
If i remember correctly R8 would of been on par with nirvana gear and R9 with dragon.  So no, in no way would R8 have been in the running for the current problems we face.  People are just going to have to deal with the fact you either need to be lucky or rich to get the most out of R8.  The EC rate i don't see being changed.  In far too many posts the GM's have stated there are far too many ways to obtain it.   If anyone is really having that much trouble make a lvl 3 faction.  Give it a base and run trials with 1 or 2 friends.  If you run all 9 trials your looking at 3k+ EC.  Not a bad split of EC between a couple of people.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
If i remember correctly R8 would of been on par with nirvana gear and R9 with dragon.  So no, in no way would R8 have been in the running for the current problems we face.  People are just going to have to deal with the fact you either need to be lucky or rich to get the most out of R8.  The EC rate i don't see being changed.  In far too many posts the GM's have stated there are far too many ways to obtain it.   If anyone is really having that much trouble make a lvl 3 faction.  Give it a base and run trials with 1 or 2 friends.  If you run all 9 trials your looking at 3k+ EC.  Not a bad split of EC between a couple of people.
Nexnation leader talking about making fake guild to do trails LOL bravo.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
Nexnation leader talking about making fake guild to do trails LOL bravo.

lmaooo ikr...

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Decency23

Well, when I first posted in this thread, I figured you were wondering what the rest of the playerbase's opinion was. Clearly, I was wrong, considering anyone who disagreed with you or suggested solutions was fairly quickly attacked until they left the thread.

It's fairly obvious now that all you wanted when you made this thread was for people to affirm your position.

Fair enough, my apologies for trying to bring reasonable arguments. I shall not bother with this thread anymore.

Offline Ancient

• Faction: NexNation
Im not the one who originally suggested it.  If you want EC its an option.  Your not out to TW or PK, your simple out to make EC.  If i had more time ide search through forums and find the post of the GM who did suggest that very thing.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Yeah, I was gonna say that a GM even suggested an alt faction solely for trials.  I have been tempted to, but that'd mean trying to get another char to 150, and since I can't afford SLS (ironically because r8 takes whatever EC's I do farm), it's gonna be a bit before I can do that.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)