Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
EPs are fine
LMFAO 
burdette just murdered this entire thread with 3 words 

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
while it was funni i really did wish DD Clerics got the attention they needed to be playable again.

Offline Logic

• Retired
  • Retiring retired players
  • Faction: Tyrants
This thread is still a thing?

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
while it was funni i really did wish DD Clerics got the attention they needed to be playable again.
Why would you want DD cleric so bad 
When youre creating the character it says it in the creation screen how the class is leaning towards team play and support 
Doesn't lean towards damage or solo playability 
Just play a class that does damage instead of trying to make a class something it's not. 

Offline ..

• Forum Veteran
EPs are fine

EPs are fine

EPs are fine

lmfao you guys can stop already.  This discussion has become your lifes.  :police:

Offline Mana

• Retired Staff Member
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran

Well it's not just about physical defense. Most of the arcane classes' defense comes from RPD actually. If you are switching to DD mode then I can assume that you're using attack gear (with -channel/magic add-ons on armor and attack level/magic engraves on accessories). 
So naturally you are losing out a lot of survivability in comparison to regular support gear. 

Buffing the base defense of arcane classes would unbalance their def in regular, support gear, making them much more difficult to kill in PK. So the DD clerics can't be really "fixed" without breaking something else.

Also it's not a problem of clerics specifically being nerfed. All the arcane classes got pretty much the same gear with the same addons and nearly the same set bonuses. So the only aspect which is making physical defense of these classes different are their own buffs. For example wizards and venos in fox form got the highest phys def, while physics and venos in human form the lowest. 
Clerics got their vanguard shield which is not helping a lot if you're using the full attack gear.

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy
Well it's not just about physical defense. Most of the arcane classes' defense comes from RPD actually. If you are switching to DD mode then I can assume that you're using attack gear (with -channel/magic add-ons on armor and attack level/magic engraves on accessories).
So naturally you are losing out a lot of survivability in comparison to regular support gear.
Not if you stick a passive def buff to their shapeshifting
The only thing that will make DD eps / Metal Mages more efficient is removing the shapeshifting and making its skills avalaible in normal form
this way they will lose much damage but they will have the ability to survive more (healing and switching weapons)
That is probably the only way to fix DD eps (defense/being useless) issues and its doable.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Not if you stick a passive def buff to their shapeshifting
The only thing that will make DD eps / Metal Mages more efficient is removing the shapeshifting and making its skills avalaible in normal form
this way they will lose much damage but they will have the ability to survive more (healing and switching weapons)
That is probably the only way to fix DD eps (defense/being useless) issues and its doable.
That would make clerics incredibly fun class to play, but I am afraid it would also make them way too versatile  ;D

Offline Madaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Crazy
That would make clerics incredibly fun class to play, but I am afraid it would also make them way too versatile  ;D
exactly, they will be able to have more aggressive/supportive skills, which is kind of OP, unless they are ruined a bit by increasing the chi needed 3x~4x times or even more (reducing the effectiveness of such skills)