Epic Perfect World

DD Cleric Pdef

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
Why on earth does proper Demon DD cleric have only 15k pdef fully buffed with endgame gear and perfect rolls?

So then consider this

This would mean taking 10ks-15ks per hit from most people, and 29ks from barbs.  Essentially Barrier which we have 30k mp for can be beaten in just 2 shots. 

How is this acceptable?  This is less pdef than a sage wizard using -12 belt. 

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
It was never meant to effectively DD. This was something added later on to add variety. 
We have three damage reduction spells, sleep, freeze + SoG. 

If you turn on plume shell that's an 80% damage reduction. those 15ks become 3ks. 
You shouldn't be standing still trying to face tank those classes either;
use your CC to kite back or set up a kill combo. 

If you're facing APS, yes the shield will deplete quickly so I recommend you use shackle and turn on guardian's light,
so they can kill themselves off with APS. 

Won't going into a long set of details, point is, with multiple heals (two work in violet dance), the CC and damage reduction,
you shouldn't need more pdef. If you're struggling that much, sage is still a viable PvP option, not as strong in damage due to the demon effects,
but much tankier if you're having a hard time. 

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
What you said makes no sense about barrier considering it has 30k mp and with 16k pdef only we take 20ks from most phy classes

This means my Barrier usually is depleted in 2-3 hits tops. And since I am in UVD I am stuck between barely surviving and dealing no damage at all or dealing big damage but being 2 shotted.

As many CC as we have they have just as many antistuns and equal or greater CC's and knockdowns and locks

We have no heals in Ultraviolet Dance if we are a Demon Cleric, which is the intended fairy for DD Cleric since the free matk boost. I don't see the point in making this play style unable to be played considering its meant to be played that way if you choose to not support.

DD Cleric has and was always meant to DD the moment UVD was added along with its skillsets. On most other servers they are very strong and viable, but on here due to the amount of pdef they are given and the whole gearswap reliance of this server make them severely disadvantaged with 16k pdef.

You have very little options for survival when your barrier is gone in 3 hits and your pdef is 16k, Less then a sage mg with -12 belt.

If you are saying offensive cleric is viable even as sage vs any of the following currently popular classes:

Sin
Db
Sb
Mg
Barb
Archer

Then you are either out of touch, never played it on here, or are just plain lying.
Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:29 pm by Bianca1989

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
What you said makes no sense about barrier considering it has 30k mp and with 16k pdef only we take 20ks from most phy classes

This means my Barrier usually is depleted in 2-3 hits tops. And since I am in UVD I am stuck between barely surviving and dealing no damage at all or dealing big damage but being 2 shotted.

As many CC as we have they have just as many antistuns and equal or greater CC's and knockdowns and locks

We have no heals in Ultraviolet Dance if we are a Demon Cleric, which is the intended fairy for DD Cleric since the free matk boost. I don't see the point in making this play style unable to be played considering its meant to be played that way if you choose to not support.

DD Cleric has and was always meant to DD the moment UVD was added along with its skillsets. On most other servers they are very strong and viable, but on here due to the amount of pdef they are given and the whole gearswap reliance of this server make them severely disadvantaged with 16k pdef.

You have very little options for survival when your barrier is gone in 3 hits and your pdef is 16k, Less then a sage mg with -12 belt.

If you are saying offensive cleric is viable even as sage vs any of the following currently popular classes:

Sin
Db
Sb
Mg
Barb
Archer

Then you are either out of touch, never played it on here, or are just plain lying.
Come in game on any of those classes and hit away at plume shield for me. What 2-3 hits are you talking about? 
We have no heals in Ultraviolet Dance if we are a Demon Cleric
I would like to introduce you to something called "Aurora Blast" and "Aurora Burst". 
Both heal you and reduce enemy healing by 10k when stacked. 

I suggest you also look into "Wings of Protection" and "Guardians Light". 

Gear swapping is locked for most items, so just find an ornament set up that works for you
and get a good amount of CT / RPDT on your gear. 

It can be played and some people still do play it. It just has a bit of a higher skill cap than some classes (not at the higher levels of play, but on average).
In some cases some people have had a lot of success with it in things like tournaments or playoffs (even when gear switching was allowed in combat).

Feel free to send me your IGN and i'll show you what I mean. 

Offline Drive

• 🌙

Gear swapping is locked for most items, so just find an ornament set up that works for you

I believe gear cannot be swapped in UVD anyways.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Why on earth does proper Demon DD cleric have only 15k pdef fully buffed with endgame gear and perfect rolls?

So then consider this

This would mean taking 10ks-15ks per hit from most people, and 29ks from barbs.  Essentially Barrier which we have 30k mp for can be beaten in just 2 shots.

How is this acceptable?  This is less pdef than a sage wizard using -12 belt.
Nice pussy :pig-8:

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
I believe gear cannot be swapped in UVD anyways.
Correct, but it was made so other classes can't swap their gear in combat either anyway.
:)

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Correct, but it was made so other classes can't swap their gear in combat either anyway.
Thanks for enlightening me.

Offline 🔩Rull✌

• Hang☆Over
  • Hang Over best
  • Characters: N/a
  • Faction: Hang¤Over
I suggest giving clerics a giant mana boost on their blessings so plume shell isn't depleted right away

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
I suggest giving clerics a giant mana boost on their blessings so plume shell isn't depleted right away
Not needed.

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
Come in game on any of those classes and hit away at plume shield for me. What 2-3 hits are you talking about?
We have no heals in Ultraviolet Dance if we are a Demon Cleric
I would like to introduce you to something called "Aurora Blast" and "Aurora Burst".
Both heal you and reduce enemy healing by 10k when stacked.

I suggest you also look into "Wings of Protection" and "Guardians Light".

It can be played and some people still do play it. It just has a bit of a higher skill cap than some classes (not at the higher levels of play, but on average).
In some cases some people have had a lot of success with it in things like tournaments or playoffs (even when gear switching was allowed in combat).

Feel free to send me your IGN and i'll show you what I mean.
You must be accustomed to full vit ep, because barrier gets depleted in just 2 seconds of being stunned. Infact I cant even tank 1 stun from archers, sins, barbs, Warriors. And if you knew anything about anything if you went anything other then casting and pure magic you'd know your damage would be unable to kill anything besides the occasional unbuffed WR and attack set assassin and archer.

I also guarentee you my gear is better then yours. Wings of Protection only absorbs 4k damage tops in any situation, and during a standard fight is a one time use, all of these heals you mention are ineffective in helping something with just 16k pdef survive. You seem to fail to miss the point that at 16k pdef you have to burn through everything you have for enemies who are unsparked or who are barely trying. You seem to not realize the true problem here. I dare you to go full attack even sage and do well and then see how fast you reroll because its obviously trash. I even have 130LP Vit Mag genie to try and combat the extreme lack of PDEF which does no good.

I think the best option would be to make demon vanguard spirit self buff only and then instead of 60% make it 120 or 130% equal to the barrier of sage mg as thats what we need the pdef of atleast to be able to barely survive.

Is there any other incorrect statements you wanna make about something you more then likely do not play on EPW as its pdef is too shit?

Please remember people that we are discussing strictly offensive UVD Attack EP and not support EP here. This build is currently not supported and should be.
Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:08 am by Bianca1989

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
You must be accustomed to full vit ep, because barrier gets depleted in just 2 seconds of being stunned. Infact I cant even tank 1 stun from archers, sins, barbs, Warriors. And if you knew anything about anything if you went anything other then casting and pure magic you'd know your damage would be unable to kill anything besides the occasional unbuffed WR and attack set assassin and archer.

I also guarentee you my gear is better then yours. Wings of Protection only absorbs 4k damage tops in any situation, and during a standard fight is a one time use, all of these heals you mention are ineffective in helping something with just 16k pdef survive. You seem to fail to miss the point that at 16k pdef you have to burn through everything you have for enemies who are unsparked or who are barely trying. You seem to not realize the true problem here. I dare you to go full attack even sage and do well and then see how fast you reroll because its obviously trash. I even have 130LP Vit Mag genie to try and combat the extreme lack of PDEF which does no good.

I think the best option would be to make demon vanguard spirit self buff only and then instead of 60% make it 120 or 130% equal to the barrier of sage mg as thats what we need the pdef of atleast to be able to barely survive.

Is there any other incorrect statements you wanna make about something you more then likely do not play on EPW as its pdef is too shit?

Please remember people that we are discussing strictly offensive UVD Attack EP and not support EP here. This build is currently not supported and should be.
As I said, please send your in-game name. I'll check your gear + what you're doing wrong. 
I've played a LOT of demon EP (Still do sometimes), it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
What about other DD classes with much less pdef than 16k and no heals (forgot to add elven boon heals too, my bad)? 
You're asking for a skill to be made self buff and 20-30% stronger than the sage version plus longer duration as in the actual buff itself rather than the 10s duration of its counterpart. 

I do go full attack in sage sometimes too, it's not that bad. Barrier in sage absorbs 5% more damage than demon does.  Which means it would be depleting faster if you're sage and I've never seen an issue with it, in sage or demon EP. 
While a 130LP genie is good to help, it's not enough on its own to carry any player on any class. 
What's your gear stats? Ornament engraves, weapon, cape + engraves? 
It can't be that good if you can't tank 1 stun.

I feel like to understand anything you're saying at this point I need to see you in game fighting because it's sounding like you're doing something wrong.
Are they insanely tanky? No. 
Is it fully playable? Yes. 

TL:DR Post your IGN and i'll help you figure out whatever it is you're doing wrong. 

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
It was never meant to effectively DD. This was something added later on to add variety.
We have three damage reduction spells, sleep, freeze + SoG.

If you turn on plume shell that's an 80% damage reduction. those 15ks become 3ks.
You shouldn't be standing still trying to face tank those classes either;
use your CC to kite back or set up a kill combo.

If you're facing APS, yes the shield will deplete quickly so I recommend you use shackle and turn on guardian's light,
so they can kill themselves off with APS.

Won't going into a long set of details, point is, with multiple heals (two work in violet dance), the CC and damage reduction,
you shouldn't need more pdef. If you're struggling that much, sage is still a viable PvP option, not as strong in damage due to the demon effects,
but much tankier if you're having a hard time.
You're totally clueless or possibly not playing ep at all... Not mentioning that you probably never left the vit build.

Living your "#1" dreams got you blind.

On the topic: Eps are squishy in general and demon is not a good thing if you want to DD.

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
Try archer, better metal mage.
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
Don't worry Jack I am making a 1080p 60fps video montage of how shit the pdef is and that im "not doing anything wrong"