Epic Perfect World

Poll

Do you think its a good idea to add a feature where you can turn off ESC key from untargeting your target, so that when you cancel skills you do not untarget the person?

Sounds like a good idea, when I am playing X class I can't stand this happening
7 (30.4%)
Its fine how it is. Timing ESC requires skill and would make it too easy
6 (26.1%)
No one cares mate
6 (26.1%)
No one cares mate
0 (0%)
No one cares mate
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Change Esc Key

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
You're chasing after a target as a CotD sin, you run up to them with Life Hunter about to cast off. Suddenly you get a lag, or your frame drops due to loading someone in range, or whatever the reason. You press ESC too early, BOOM. You untarget the person and have to spend 2-3 seconds looking like a deer in headlights trying to target them back to then cancel the skill correctly.

Do you think there should be a feature added to the client where you can enable/disable ESC key untargeting players. Leave your thoughts below.

Offline Swink

• Scumbag
  • Faction: Tyrants
no one cares mate XD
but on a serious note personally I already changed the function of my ESC key long ago ( those with gaming keyboards )
dont think ppl care enough now, or try hard as much anymore xd but ye
Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:27 am by Swink

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
I feel like this becoming a feature would make alot more brain dead people just spamming the esc key without any repercussions like deselecting your target. 
The way it is now you do have to time your cancels/esc and everything or your risk just standing there without a target. 
Although life hunter is a bitch to cancel cause it casts so quick so I think that it'd be better if it had something like dragon trap/slash of pride where you can click it again while its channeling/casting and it'll cancel it and only cast the first part of the skill. 
I'm always open to new things being implemented though, this wouldn't really negatively effect people in anyway so why not. 

Offline Rikku

• This sin hates PVP
  • cuz :)
  • Characters: Yuffie
Cannot be done (system-bound key.)
:)

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
Well Bm who tries to cancel roar for example, if they hit esc too soon. Or mainly CotD sins trying to be as quick as they can with Life Hunter. etc. This could be very useful to those trying to perform proper CotD combos, or BMs trying to cancel roar, MG's trying to do neat combo with cancelling FF for hierobug, archers with Barrage Cancel, Duskblades.

Offline darknet

• Characters: Haruto
  • Faction: AE

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
It's one of the few things left as ''skill based'' of some sort
Rather leave it like that imo o.o

Offline Areashi

• Banned
what do u mean?
click ESC once - cancels skill
twice - untargets

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
Its ESC once, when you havent casted the skill yet. Using ESC too soon before Life Hunter on accident.

Offline ★Kera

• ★ ★ Supremacist ★ ★
  • Characters: wasdfz - BigDKera - Supremacist - Cyberdkx - SUPREMACY -SirFuxYourGf
  • Faction: 10 INCHES
i understand where you standin at, i encountered that afew times before. literally only solution is to upgrade your pc. so you don't have to spam esc like a retard to cancel skill ending up untargettin too
We play with the toys god bestow on us;'.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Its ESC once, when you havent casted the skill yet. Using ESC too soon before Life Hunter on accident.
Then get a better PC back in 2012 I played with a 2 or 4gb laptop and could do everything I needed to, including playing without prots (so sht like expel? I had to target myself, then go back to the opponent while attacking/getting attacked).
Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:07 am by Arashiwf

Offline Bee

• B
  • ok
I have a GTX 1070 and 4790K and I still get connection lag and visual lag occasionally just from the game being shitty to begin with. I put up this poll to see how people feel about it. To me its annoying and uneeded, doesn't really hurt anything if its fixed as the classes who use it still just as hard and skillful to use.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
I have a GTX 1070 and 4790K and I still get connection lag and visual lag occasionally just from the game being shitty to begin with. I put up this poll to see how people feel about it. To me its annoying and uneeded, doesn't really hurt anything if its fixed as the classes who use it still just as hard and skillful to use.
Then just git gud