Epic Perfect World

Leveling

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
Not sure if you still need help, but moved to General Discussion section of the forums;
For future referance, if you have another question along these lines, post it here  :monkey-25:

Guide's section of the forum is for tutorial based posts :P
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Offline Ryan Wolfeh

• Motherfucker.
  • Everyone in this town is a dickbutt!
Just grind PV and stop being a lazy dickbutt, okay bby?
You expect me to put something relevant here? I refuse!

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus
Just grind PV and stop being a lazy dickbutt, okay bby?

I actually got 150 a while ago, now have 4 150s. Just pving is extremely boring, especially when u run it fr hours and hours with the goal to finally reach final level. Not lazyness or anything, just suicidal thoughts because of boringness, thats all.

Offline Balnazar

• Godfather of Worms
  • I be back m8
  • Characters: Balnazar
  • Faction: Worms
I actually got 150 a while ago, now have 4 150s. Just pving is extremely boring, especially when u run it fr hours and hours with the goal to finally reach final level. Not lazyness or anything, just suicidal thoughts because of boringness, thats all.
^^ +1
Agatio, EvilTouch, Alexypk, Magestic, Chocolate, Dream and Suns were all slain by Balnazar. Keeping scores?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Varying it helps. TT isn't terrible XP & gives decent EC as well.  Running a few PV's & mixing it with FC & TT runs here n there helps a lot with the boredom. They already reduced the required XP to  hit 150 IIRC so it shouldn't be THAT bad anymore.

Offline Nobody

well 149 to 150 was really bad before but now its 1m exp instead of 2m, but the other lvls are still the same :/ so 147+ is still alot of pv
Jishi

LaceyPip

Varying it helps. TT isn't terrible XP & gives decent EC as well.  Running a few PV's & mixing it with FC & TT runs here n there helps a lot with the boredom. They already reduced the required XP to  hit 150 IIRC so it shouldn't be THAT bad anymore.

I agree 100% with Feone ..... honestly , take a break from PV.  Do something fun or different.  I go do a card boss or two, grind some mats to sell so I can buy whatever I need.  There is a lot of things to do ...It might be different for PK'ers - I do not do PVP, so I always find things to do without having the obsessive need to level.

Offline Xcution

• Forum Veteran
  • I am the ocean of the Universe.
  • Characters: Xcution, Skyscream
  • Faction: IceLotus

I agree 100% with Feone ..... honestly , take a break from PV.  Do something fun or different.  I go do a card boss or two, grind some mats to sell so I can buy whatever I need.  There is a lot of things to do ...It might be different for PK'ers - I do not do PVP, so I always find things to do without having the obsessive need to level.

<-- Obsessed with leveling.
Btw, card bosses take too long. few hrs at least. and the reward isnt worth the time in my opinion. whats more, at least for me card bosses are often glitched, they dont appear after talking to summonbot and everything.
Just as glitched as Treasure Hunt. Which is badly glitched too.

Offline Barbie

• Old Player
  • Let them hate me, so long as they fear me
I have done all my own analysis and testing into this and I found that the fastest way to level up is by using Phoenix Valley. GV is good for exp and you get some good drops too but the gaps between the mobs means it takes far longer with all the waiting. Same story with FC, good drops and all but it takes too long when you are going soley for the exp. After say level 140 the fc mats dropped that convert into EXP are so minimal it becomes pointless to some degree. There is a strategy I use for PV, it only really works for AOE classes and its this: (Note this is for PV 135+)

List of things to use:

1. An alt (You will need this for fast resets unless you have anoher player ready to reset you on demand)
2. Training Esoterica (for extra exp)
3. Absolute Domain (Just incase the shit hits the fan!)
4. Holy Path (For speed)
5. A BP Buff (for extra health Regen!)

You are going to do the whole run in 2 pulls (It's not possible to do it 1 pull due the mobs resetting) As you enter phoenix valley make sure you have full chi for your skills, activate the quest and get running! Follow the tunnel around to the right and enter the first open cavern avoiding all the stun mobs you can (You cant always avoid them all but 1 or 2 stuns wont get you killed). As you enter the 1st cavern there are 2 hills, 1 to your left and 1 to your right. Run up the hill on the left pulling all the mobs you can down the back side then head right pulling everything up the back side of the hill on the right (As you came in) and down the front heading back to where you came in and kill all the mobs you just pulled there. Ignore the coin drops (Remember this is for exp and you cant waste time on your training esoterica!) now go over the left hill again and head into the tunnel entrance behind it, follow it all the way to the boss room (Avoiding, where possible, the mobs that stun you). When you enter the boss room follow it around in a clockwise motion pulling all the mobs while being careful not to get too close to the boss. When you circle back on yourself the mobs will converge on you around the entrance where you came in, here you can AOE and kill all the mobs. Now leave PV (Again the boss gives poor exp so thats not going to help you level) reset yourself and do the same again. When I did this a few months back (Before they cut the requirement of exp from 149 to 150)  i got around 2% per run. And each run took me about 10 minutes. So that's about 8 hours worth of PV but it will be faster now with the cut of exp. You can get 5 to 6 runs in per Training Esoterica but you need to move fast and ignore the coin drops and boss. It's important to note, you wont get all the mobs in PV. Trying to get every single one is time consuming and a waste of training Esoterica. Pull and kill the bulk then move on, it's the fastest way. Obviously the skills you will use will be dependant on your class but I can tell you I have done it this way with a sin, seeker and with a barb easily. Use AD if you find yourself out of AOEs, however BP is usually enough to keep you alive. Yes you die sometimes, especially at lower levels, but C'est la vie!

*Dont try do it in two pulls if you are under geard. I recommend Demonic Gear is the minimum requirement for doing it in two pulls

Offline Consist

• Old Player
Hiya. Yeah, i know this topic probly isnt new, but I didnt find any others (well, im just so lazy... ;)). Well, heres the deal. I've leveled char (demon sin) to lvl 148, got all dragons etc. But running pvs isnt rly great xp (even with esotericas), so i wonder if there is any other way to get much xp. yeah i know at lvl 149 itll be even worse, but just askin. Is the pv the biggest xp maker or is there anything bigger?

PV with Training Eso, starting at level 147, is amazing exp. Multi-client so you can have an alt that can reset you. Just spam PV. You'll get 150 in 4 esos which is 4 hours.