Epic Perfect World

Knockdown to Occult Ice

Offline Random12345

I am not really into nerfing and such but duskblades haven't been properly balanced since the Eclipse patch. They already take advantage of skill sender and APS, but why do they have so many knockdowns? It is almost impossible for certain classes to counter duskblades, it doesn't matter if you use tons of immunities against them, they just spam knockdown until your buff goes out and then sleep you and repeat the same cycle all over again until you die. 

I know they need their damage, but is it possible to change some of their knockdowns to occult ice effect? It would balance things out and some classes can use vacuity powder and fortify to counter duskblades and at least have a chance to attack.

Duskblades already have shadow and stealth. When you waste faith or sutra, they just enter stealth or shadow and make circles until your immunity goes out. Revelation potion doesn't help either because it takes way too long because of delay and by the time it increases your stealth detection levels, duskblade already gets you in attack gear and it is game over. If the dusk blade makes a stupid mistake like wasting genie etc they can still survive through like pots and shadow etc, but if you waste genie on faith or absolute domain, you are dead, you don't have any chance if you waste pot or genie but duskblades can win. Knockdown goes through everything unless you waste special things like absolute domain (burning half of your genie with 5 min cd), or faith (almost impossible to cast other genie skills to counter duskblades), or expel (they just sleep you and wait for the buff to go out and you are silenced).

It would be great if you could change some of duskblades knockdown skills to occult ice and balance things out instead of duskblades destroying heavy, arcanes and light classes. Some classes almost have no chance against duskblades and everyone knows which classes they are.

Thank you.

Offline Teru

• Moderated
  • Toxic
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: PWin2k18LUL
Already happened to the longest duration knockdown
good patch HEHEHEHHEH

Offline ZDiabloZ

• Old Player
it was done to our dragon trap skill :)

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Dragon Trap was already made into occult. Changing all their knockdowns into occult would make them useless.
I'll wait to see more Duskblade gameplay before I decide if more changes are needed, but it should be fine right now.

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
Dragon Trap was already made into occult. Changing all their knockdowns into occult would make them useless.
I'll wait to see more Duskblade gameplay before I decide if more changes are needed, but it should be fine right now.
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=46013.msg665478#msg665478 Define ''fine right now'', also I am not interested in your EA gameplay pov but overall class pov

Offline Tom

• Tom the Dank Engine
  • DH Dominator
  • Characters: HugeMiddleLeg Memorie FkOfFMeMorons
  • Faction: Slayers, Outcasts
Can you consider the Dragon Trap auto attack dmg boost if its worth of a nerf? its insanly strong. and being hit 30ks each auto attack is painful af. ( as LA , AA class, but seen WB's take similiar dmg's too. ) 
plz burdette of the many eyes  :'(
Dislike these new guilds

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=46013.msg665478#msg665478 Define ''fine right now'', also I am not interested in your EA gameplay pov but overall class pov
I saw fights being pretty close before the last patch, so now we should start seeing people winning against DBs more.
Also I wasn't talking from EA PoV ^^
Duskblade will always be frustrating to fight against, that will never change. If another nerf is needed then I'll lower their damage instead of editing more knockdowns.

Can you consider the Dragon Trap auto attack dmg boost if its worth of a nerf? its insanly strong. and being hit 30ks each auto attack is painful af. ( as LA , AA class, but seen WB's take similiar dmg's too. )
plz burdette of the many eyes  :'(
The double damage was nerfed last patch, making it 50% probability. I didn't want to completely remove it since it's part of duskblade gameplay.

Offline Keef

• Old Player
  • Retired
  • Characters: Anxyz, Scathe
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I saw fights being pretty close before the last patch, so now we should start seeing people winning against DBs more.
Also I wasn't talking from EA PoV ^^
Duskblade will always be frustrating to fight against, that will never change. If another nerf is needed then I'll lower their damage instead of editing more knockdowns.
The double damage was nerfed last patch, making it 50% probability. I didn't want to completely remove it since it's part of duskblade gameplay.
Finally someone gets it. PW made two new classes that are absolutely braindead easy to play to lure new players into a dying game. They were never meant to be balanced.
It's not the knockdown that's the problem, its the damage.

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
Just out play knockdowns... Oh wait xD

Offline Random12345

Finally someone gets it. PW made two new classes that are absolutely braindead easy to play to lure new players into a dying game. They were never meant to be balanced.
It's not the knockdown that's the problem, its the damage.
How can you even attack or use skills if their knockdown isn't a problem? Is it okay to waste your pots and genie while their knockdown goes through almost anything?

@Burdette Duskblades shouldn't be superior to every class in the game. What's the point of nerfing Dragon Tap if you can't even attack a Duskblade? It doesn't matter if you have 4x DEF weapon or if you use full RPD gears against them. They will single handedly destroy you while they only bother clicking extreme poison and that's the only genie skill they waste in the whole fight.

Offline Keef

• Old Player
  • Retired
  • Characters: Anxyz, Scathe
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
How can you even attack or use skills if their knockdown isn't a problem? Is it okay to waste your pots and genie while their knockdown goes through almost anything?

@Burdette Duskblades shouldn't be superior to every class in the game. What's the point of nerfing Dragon Tap if you can't even attack a Duskblade? It doesn't matter if you have 4x DEF weapon or if you use full RPD gears against them. They will single handedly destroy you while they only bother clicking extreme poison and that's the only genie skill they waste in the whole fight.
PW made two new classes that are absolutely braindead easy to play to lure new players into a dying game. They were never meant to be balanced.

did you not read that part or..? either remove the class completely, or nerf the damage. you can't take away the thing that makes it unique. Like when ppl complained about tidal, or AS, or edge blur, or qpq, or sac slash.

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
Knockdowns are fine