Epic Perfect World

Unable to launch client

Offline FearMoho

I ran the .exe as admin, approved it and it installed each package. Attempted to launch Epic PW and got the same error message.
Is there something similar for versions of DirectX in case it's refusing to work with mine? I did install DX9 already, but perhaps it didn't install correctly.

Offline Viversum

• bye
  • Faction: Tyrants
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory and check again
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86) and 2010 Redistributable Package 
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4

- Restart you'r pc.
@  http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=3102.0 by Agatio

Offline FearMoho

- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory and check again
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86) and 2010 Redistributable Package
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4

- Restart you'r pc.
@  http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=3102.0 by Agatio
dxwebsetup.exe will not install DX9 since I have a version that is newer or equivalent (DX12).
I have installed MS Visual C++ 2013 previously and again using the batch installer IceNiki provided.
MS Net Framework 4 is already installed on wall Windows 10 devices.
I have already tried everything on the common issues and fixes thread.

Offline Viversum

• bye
dxwebsetup.exe will not install DX9 since I have a version that is newer or equivalent (DX12).
I have installed MS Visual C++ 2013 previously and again using the batch installer IceNiki provided.
MS Net Framework 4 is already installed on wall Windows 10 devices.
I have already tried everything on the common issues and fixes thread.
can u send SS ?

Offline FearMoho

Do you mean a screenshot of my element folder?

If you don't mean that then please tell me what you need a screenshot of.

Offline Viversum

• bye
Ss of the error 

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Download http://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.78-en.zip run the cpuz_x64.exe and post a screen of graphics tab

Offline FearMoho

IceNiki

Viversum, the error message upon launching PW is on my first post in this thread. If you are asking for the dxwebsetup.exe message then all it says is that the installer has detected I already have a version of DX installed that is newer or equivalent to what it's trying to install.

Offline Viversum

• bye
IceNiki

Viversum, the error message upon launching PW is on my first post in this thread. If you are asking for the dxwebsetup.exe message then all it says is that the installer has detected I already have a version of DX installed that is newer or equivalent to what it's trying to install.
You connnected you'r monitor direct on graphic card or on board? Nvm u doesnt have on board card xd

Offline FearMoho

To my card. Connecting it to the mobo didn't work. It constantly said there was no signal.

Offline Viversum

• bye
To my card. Connecting it to the mobo didn't work. It constantly said there was no signal.
Hmm ok

Offline Viversum

• bye
Try, maybe it's work if u instal chine retributions 

http://forum.lmspw.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13316

Offline Viversum

• bye
Never see this problem before so test this too

Offline FearMoho

The video linked is explaining how to turn DX's acceleration on. IceNiki thought of it earlier and we found that my DX's acceleration was already on, so this wouldn't do anything. I tried installing both simplified and traditional chinese language packs in Windows 10's settings (No need to manually install them on Windows 10) and there was no change.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Right click on the desktop and open nvidia control panel.
 Then head to the "manage 3D settings" drop down under 3D settings.
 Then under the global settings tab, underneath preferred graphics processor, change it from auto detect to high performance graphics processor.