Epic Perfect World

Unable to launch client

Offline FearMoho

I am unable to launch the game client. This isn't only Epic PW's client. I have tried several servers while troubleshooting.
I am on a Windows 10 device, which has only been made recently, so I imagine there's a low chance of conflicting software unless it doesn't like my drivers.
I can launch the Launcher/Patcher and it updates to the latest game version (22). Once I click Start the launcher closes and I receive the below error message.

Obviously this isn't something I can understand. The only clue is that it could be related to DirectX.
I already had DX11 when this occurred.

What I've tried:
  • Installed DX9. Now I have both DX9 and DX11
  • Restarted the device.
  • Deleted the directory and extracted it again
  • Installed other server clients to check if this was only one server. It occurred with all clients.
  • Attempted to download the client using all mirrors in case of broken mirrors.
  • I have ensured my OS is up to date.
  • I have launched the launcher/patcher as an admin and using several compatibility modes (Windows 8, Windows XP service pack 3
  • I have added the client folders to my Anti-Virus's exceptions list.
  • I have turned my Anti-Virus off to attempt to launch the game.
  • I have done everything on Agatio's common issues and fixes thread but reinstall my video card's drivers.

None of these things have made any difference and I still receive the attached error message.
The only thing I haven't done is attempted to download a client using a torrent and attempt to reinstall my video card drivers.

Besides attempting these is there anything else that I could try to resolve the issue or translate the error message so that I can find out what the issue is?
If necessary I can screenshot my client folders to confirm whether there are corrupted files.
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 09:15 pm by FearMoho

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2017, 10:43 pm by IceNiki

Offline FearMoho

I have just checked it and those three are all enabled for both Display 1 and Display 2.
Yes, it's 64 bit Windows 10.
What I have now noticed is that my main monitor only has a refresh rate of 59Hz here when it should be 144Hz, but I imagine that's unrelated.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
From what i see the main drivers for your graphic card is the basic windows
if you have any nvidia drivers uninstall and install this
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115887/en-us

Offline FearMoho

I've installed the driver you linked, however I could do it through NVIDIA GeForce Experience. I check dxdiag again, but the same driver appears in both displays. This was both before and after a restart.
Is there something I could have missed here?

If not, is this something I should attempt? The user you gave this advice to was on Windows 7 64-bit whereas I am using Windows 10 64 bit and I'm not that familiar with editing registry keys.
ok there is your problem since pw is 32 bit and in 32bit dxdiag says acceleration is disabled you get the error
Open the "run"->type regedit->it will open the registry
Right click on the computer->click export->save the file someware(it might take some second it will look like it froze but its not).This backups whole registry
Now navigate to 
Code: [Select]
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDrawThere you should see an entry called "EmulationOnly"
Double click it and change value to 0
Close registry editor
reboot pc and try launching pw again

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
i actually forgot to ask you if your pc is laptop
If its a laptop here are the correct drivers
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/115892/en-us
First uninstall any nvidia drivers and reboot then install the one above and reboot again and check dxdiag
if they are correctly installed you should see something like this
Also you dont need to do the registry edit since all your acceleration are enabled
Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017, 10:32 am by IceNiki

Offline FearMoho

It's a desktop PC.
I've just uninstalled all of my nvidia drivers manually, restarted the device, and installed the ones from the link you first provided, then restarted the device again.
dxdiag is still telling my my main driver for both displays is the Windows one, however I can see that sound 1's driver is a nvidia driver and I can see the drivers in my installed programs in control panel. Nvidia experience is also telling my my drivers are up to date.
I have also just noticed that dxdiag tells me I have DX12, not DX11.

The same error message still appears when trying to launch PW.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
try downloading this http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/display-driver-uninstaller-download,20.html
Extract then run DDU v17.0.5.3.exe it will auto extract again
Run Display Driver Uninstaller.exe
Click launch.It should auto detect your drivers.
Click on "clean and restart"
After you boot up again try using the autodetect this time from here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan.aspx
Click on allow on your browser to allow java to run

Offline GokuVII

• Banned
Short words YOU'RE DONE BRUH

Offline FearMoho

I used the driver uninstaller and checked dxdiag. The main driver was listed as Unknown and only one of my displays was working at the time, so it uninstalled my drivers.
I restarted and tried using the last link you gave me and it refused to detect that I had Java, so wouldn't scan my PC. I used the driver download link you first gave me, installed it, and dxdiag gave the same filepath to the driver again, however I can't see anything beyond C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository.
Inside FileRepository I did manage to find C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_2a6e383a1adc0e24, which I assume is the display driver.
Here are the folders I am assuming are the display, audio, etc drivers that were installed with the link you provided

Here is the contents of what I assumed its the display driver's folder

Below is what I see in dxdiag. <y sound driver appears to be correct, but makes me think that my display drivers are still not the nvidia ones.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
one last thing i can think of is trying to run this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 and see if it updates anything but most likely you will get a message that a newer or equivalent version is already installed

Offline FearMoho

Yes, I've already tried using that and you assumed right that it tells me newer or same is already installed.

Are the display drivers I'm now using definitely the nvidia ones you linked me or is it impossible to tell without the full file path on dxdiag?
Could it be that dxdiag detects that I'm using DX12 or does PW work fine while using DX12?
Can you think of a way for me to translate the error message to see if that would provide some clarification?

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
googling 21.21.13.7878 which is the version does point that the driver is correct
Try using this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html
Follow the instructions it will install c++ runtimes

Offline FearMoho

googling 21.21.13.7878 which is the version does point that the driver is correct
Try using this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html
Follow the instructions it will install c++ runtimes
Is this something that I can do on my PC without having to start from scratch with a fresh install of my OS? It advises I'll need a fresh Windows install and it should be done before installing drivers. The video explains it can be done after the drivers, since it will uninstall them, but he doesn't speak about anything else.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Is this something that I can do on my PC without having to start from scratch with a fresh install of my OS? It advises I'll need a fresh Windows install and it should be done before installing drivers. The video explains it can be done after the drivers, since it will uninstall them, but he doesn't speak about anything else.
yes you can without fresh os.Run it as administrator and it will ask you to remove any older c++ runtimes it will find.Type Y and it will continue