Epic Perfect World

Impressions - Rebalances

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'll be starting a mini-series of written thoughts on the community, recent changes, and more. This will be aimed on giving my insight on how the server is currently going, opinions on recent changes, and overall my thoughts on the community as a whole. This is all through my eyes, so if you disagree don't be upset about it. 

(Yes I'm doing this because I currently have too much time on my hands, but hopefully a lot of you will see things from my perspective)

Pt. 1 : Rebalances

All in all, I think that all of the recent (past 6 month) rebalances that have happened have overall benefited the server greatly. Venomancers losing their ability to have a reasonable chance of making someone's defenses 0 really has helped in PK, and you actually see more sage venomancers now than you do demons- which is something I knew would happen personally and I'm happy about.

Skillsend being added may or may not have been the best choice, that's not up to me to judge, but I do appreciate that classes that benefited heavily from this feature were nerfed reasonably. EA's that are currently complaining about themselves hitting low are the type of people that don't understand you can't walk around dealing insane amounts of damage without drawbacks.

Duskblades receiving a nerf on one of their primary locking skills was a good thing, because the class's lock was hard to avoid and get out of once they started in on you. There's nothing wrong with having a harder time perma-locking someone  :-X

Stormbringers losing their AoE squad buff was the best thing I've seen since 1.5.3 was added.

Not only did this buff destroy hope for certain builds that use physical attacks, but the only way to get rid of this buff would be to purge it. People who don't have to worry about purging a target will complain and say that their survivability has been drastically nerfed, but honestly? Get over it. You people have survived without this buff for years, just because you've had it now for a few months and now you've suddenly lost it is not the end of the world.

I believe that DB/SB buffs should have always been self buff, the amount of defense that vitality build support players already have, paired with this SB buff was too much to be realistic, and having to rely on a venomancer / praying your bow will debuff to kill them as an APS class was too much to handle reasonably. 

What I'd like to see in the future :

Stormbringer: Vortex nerfed somehow. This is one of the most disgustingly annoying skills in Mass PK, doing the job of 5 blademasters with 1 Vortex.

Mystics : Absorb Soul cooldown increased slightly. The damage of this skill goes through every single reduction/defensive ability that isn't an immunity in game, and given that it's spammable can make a lot of classes life hell in the current patch.

Duskblade : Personally I think that the AoE squad buff is fine, but since people are complaining majorly about the "injustice" of losing their AoE SB buff, I believe that DB buff should be self-buff only, just so that there's no reason for people to complain.

Phasing out of luck-based mechanics : Burdette originally had the idea of removing the luck based mechanics that people rely on to play their classes completely when he first became a dev here on this server. Granted, a lot chances once you're seeing things from a different perspective, however I feel that if you have a skill that has a 95% chance of working and it doesn't work.. That's no good. I'd like to see these annoying and stupid mechanics removed from the game completely. The new classes don't need to worry about % chances, neither should the old (and forgotten) old classes.

Overall I think the server is headed in the right direction, I've seen more balance and game changes in these past few months than I've seen in years here on Epic, so I think the new tone and leadership will be taking us to better places than we were going previously. 

I applaud Jaan for doing things that'll help everyone out, and opening up customization for people who care about all of that. 

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
make vortex only pull in target person

Offline Miller

• Old Player
  • Characters: iCC

Offline raiz0

• oke
  • Faction: kosmar
I agree with everything here especially mystics absorb soul , its so spamable and doing 15k`s on any AA class just do it 3 times and your target is dead with that HP convert debuff.

Also what i`d like to be considered :

- Add something to BM`s , they are the least played class in rpk/1v1 , why ? because its useless,you can`t kill anything,you have to chase so much for your targets , the stuns are so avoidable with vacuity,fortify,dex genie,puri weapon , its useless to even try to participate in lets say , playoffs.

I don`t even have a BM or play one but this class is the least played class due to how weak it is compared to other classes and nothing being done about it.

Also I am suggesting a DEF increase for cleric UVD(since you cannot switch gears and take 10ks from EA`s or 15k gofs from APS sins) LeiTo has requested this also but .. who the fk plays a DD cleric right ?

Offline Annikaa

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Annikaa, Annicaa
  • Faction: Leftovers
tbh  after so many nerf and boost changes i dont really care anymore what would be done next so why not +1

Offline ʙᴇʙᴇ

• Adversary
  • Adversary created them, and prominent finished them.
Yeah why not? lets make epw an 2012 "Official PW Server"
Eas, Psy, Mages and barbs only in pk, yay (?) Lmao
I can be all the things you told me not to be

♥ Dev

Offline PedroSner

• #TeamSner
  • Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server
  • Characters: PedroSner/ Sner
  • Faction: Artifex Leader
I have a feeling this is gonna be gud LOL
Disbanded Tyrants, Siege, Savagery ,Hangover, AG, AE, Cardinals,and made them RQ to a diff server. After that went to that server disbanded them there and disbanded that server aswell.

Offline Breakfast

• Old Player
  • Characters: Cheeto
Physical defense lowers damage of absorb soul by a ton. On a fully buffed wiz in mass the damage is pretty bad. Maybe 1 more second on the cooldown would be okay but anything more than that would lower mystic's potential damage by way too much, at that point better off just rolling ep. Myst wood skills are already pretty terrible

Vortex is pretty easy to get out of if you know how, but the problem lies in vortexes that pull you into the air or 2 vortexes right next to eachother

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
but the problem lies in vortexes that pull you into the air or 2 vortexes right next to eachother
Precisely. There's always more than 1 Vortex.

Physical defense lowers damage of absorb soul by a ton. On a fully buffed wiz in mass the damage is pretty bad. Maybe 1 more second on the cooldown would be okay but anything more than that would lower mystic's potential damage by way too much
The new classes get attacked by a mystic, they fall over, with or without buffs.

Any class without full buffs falls over. Balancing classes based on their performances in full buffs is really terrible.
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2017, 07:42 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
make vortex only pull in target person
Limiting it to an x amount of targets sorta would be better, doing it to 1 is just waste of spark at that point. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Limiting it to an x amount of targets sorta would be better, doing it to 1 is just waste of spark at that point.

That, or perhaps increase the time between the pull-ins? Currently it's every 2 seconds or something like that, I haven't read the skill description.

Offline '''

• pekking player
  • !和
  • Faction: yuro
I don't care about vortex during mass or anything just make the GFX smaller

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow

That, or perhaps increase the time between the pull-ins? Currently it's every 2 seconds or something like that, I haven't read the skill description.
Well yea, its either or. Nightshade classes in general are OP, burdette could increase the pull in timer to 3s or something(I forgot it) for people who do not have leap skills i.e MG, sin, ea who can basically get out of it in the matter of a press of a button whereas other classes have to holy path anti stun and shit but thats my opinion even from playing SB the class is OP i won't deny it.
As for the GFX, burdette/aga/echo should remove the tornado part if he can and just have the pit looking effect maybe?

Offline Chrysta

Stormbringer: Vortex nerfed somehow. This is one of the most disgustingly annoying skills in Mass PK, doing the job of 5 blademasters with 1 Vortex.

I'm not sure but I think snowmelt said that the cooldown was increased already? I don't know about this.

Mystics : Absorb Soul cooldown increased slightly. The damage of this skill goes through every single reduction/defensive ability that isn't an immunity in game, and given that it's spammable can make a lot of classes life hell in the current patch.

-1 Get Evil Ward it's spammable and it doesn't even cost a lot of energy, you just want to nerf it because it's the best skill against duskblades

Duskblade : Personally I think that the AoE squad buff is fine, but since people are complaining majorly about the "injustice" of losing their AoE SB buff, I believe that DB buff should be self-buff only, just so that there's no reason for people to complain.

Removing aoe sb buff made aps duskblade even more op than it used to be, so yes they should be nerfed again.

Phasing out of luck-based mechanics : Burdette originally had the idea of removing the luck based mechanics that people rely on to play their classes completely when he first became a dev here on this server. Granted, a lot chances once you're seeing things from a different perspective, however I feel that if you have a skill that has a 95% chance of working and it doesn't work.. That's no good. I'd like to see these annoying and stupid mechanics removed from the game completely. The new classes don't need to worry about % chances, neither should the old (and forgotten) old classes.

Nope this game is luck based it should be the same here as official pwi ^^

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Vortex is the main reason to play sb in mass. Without vortex, why play it? The rest of the skillset dosent stand out a whole lot in large scale pk so I'd see little use for them especially with buff no longer applying to a party. If wf didn't have nova, I wouldn't play it. If mg didn't have mountain seize/Ice prison, I wouldn't play it. There are already less sbs than every other range DD class walking around. Let's not flip about an auxiliary that skill does no damage and has no amp.

The only change there should be is an fps friendly animation so everyone can stop menstruating about their fps.

Just my thoughts though. Feel free to disagree. If one class gets ruined, I have 11 others.
I'm basically 40