Epic Perfect World

o.0 Issues with client after logging in

Offline Xearo167

• Characters: XerataisXD
I am having a issue with the game client. Ive been logged in for 3+ hours with no issues except one dc... logged back in all good. Now after playing for a few hours it suddenly crashes with no error other than windows saying element client has stopped working. Now every time I start the game and log in it take me to the character screen and when I click start it crashes again. My direct x has been updated and I am running windows 10 Pro (x64) Build 14393.rs1_release.161220-1747. It also did this on my gf's laptop right before mine. same symptoms.

if this helps any my cpu is a AMD Fx 4350 ~4.2 Ghz no turbo boost no overclock and ram is at 1333Mhz stock timings
Gpu is a Nvidia/EVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB GDDR5 & Nvidia/EVGA Geforce 210 (for secondary display only)
Motherboard is a Asus M5A97 LE_Rev.2.0
Software that could cause conflicts?? 
MSI Afterburner
Speedfan 
Avast *Free Antivirus 
Jumpstart (wifi connection utility)
Classic Shell
Chrome (stays open sometimes but never caused any issue with other stuff and was closed the first time the game crashed so should be unrelated.

Besides that nothing else but driver related software is installed and a few games (that don't run in the background)

No I am not over heating and no it is not the psu. I have no issues running other games like CoD 1-2-3 or skyrim.
This is a fresh install of windows 10 due to a bad update that crippled the system. I just installed all the drivers and the Direct X June 2010 updates (direct X 9.0c and associated versions) so other games would work properly.

I have both the 32bit and 64 bit versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2008-2010-2013 on just the 64 bit 2015 packages.
Also have Java 32-bit and 64-bit 8 update 121 installed.
Graphics driver (Nvidia official) non windows update 10.18.13.5354 (341.74) (yes old version but works with both gpu's and is extremely stable.
WiFi D-Link DWA-121 driver 1027.4.630.2015 (Realtek)
Lan Realtek PCIe GBE controller driver 9.1.404.2015
Sound Blaster Audigy SE Driver 5.12.1.2018
NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver 1.3.30.1
AsMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller (microsoft drivers) 10.0.14393.0

Any info would be much appreciated.
Last Edit: Jan 31, 2017, 05:11 am by Xearo167

Offline Xearo167

I was just checking the windows event viewer and it has it logged.

Faulting application name: elementclient.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x55d31ccb
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57898ef6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001a1cb
Faulting Process id: 0x116c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28b8541d964af
Faulting application path: E:\Perfect World\EPW\element\elementclient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNEL32.DLL

Offline Xearo167

Seems to be something with the new update I managed to logg in and load a older char (Barbarian) and the game loaded normally no errors or crashing to desktop. (both me and the gf were trying out the nightshade and when trying to play as one it crashes)

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Characters: Healios
try to use the verify option...

Offline Xearo167

I did no errors. I am trying the whole disable DEP and running SFC /SCANNOW 
Also reset my char by using the unstick option that is listed in the help section. was able to log in but crashed again when teleporting to arch (which have been there before no issue)

Offline Daddy.

• Jimmy Dean Productions.
the 50 minutes it took you to comment on this char, you can redownload it.. hmmmm
Recent video.

Offline Xearo167

-.- Don't see how your comment is helpful in any way. And if you must know I have re-downloaded the client via torrent. same crap.

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP
add the game folder to antivirus/ firewall exception list.

Offline Xearo167

That I have not tried... can't see how to do that with this newer avast..... I am still used to the older version...... was useing windows defender for the longest after updating to windows 10. I will try it tho. Let y'all know what takes place.

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP

how to add exceptions to avast exception list:
https://youtu.be/0f6LtA_GTcg?t=57

Offline Xearo167

still crashes with the same symptoms. I removed avast and again still same issue. Seems to be the client it's self as there is no issues logging in with other chars. only when I log via my duskblade (i think thats what it is). its all on the same account. I can go and (move toon to a safe location/unsticking) and it will log in but it will crash soon after.

Offline Xearo167

the error logged in the event logs is slightly different. Instead of it listing KERNEL32.dll as a faulting module it says unknown.
this is a fresh install of windows 10 and no antivirus now (Just microsoft defender) and i completely reinstalled EPW.

Offline UnknownS

• OPPPPPPPPPPPPP
try those solutions:

- Go to http://panel.epicpw.com/resetstuck.php to move your duskblade to the safe spot
- Solution above might not be permanent - in this case go to EPW/element/userdata and delete systemsettings.ini file and Layout folder - start client and check again

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Offline Xearo167

temporary fix.... crashes shortly after...
i can play all my other characters. just not the duskblade