Epic Perfect World

Nerf signets

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Signets have been the death of mass PK as the old players have known it.

Back in the old times there were actual wipes, when a faction wiped another that counted as a point, like in 1v1s (e.g. end score would be 8-2 or something).
Now it's just mindless sig+resig for 1-2 hours till 1 or 2 factions either run away after they win 1 time and then sig to sz.

I propose for now that you only let leaders+directors faction signet and remove squad signets completely or extend their cool downs to something un-spammable and un-reusable in mass PK (e.g. 20 mins).
Last Edit: Jan 16, 2017, 02:31 pm by Arashiwf

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
In theory you are right and i would agree but since ppl tend to prefer to talk on wc rather than pking i have a feeling after first wipe the other guild would just sz and start wcing the usual s.hit

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moon, Naive
I understand this pov and there's some truth to what you said but doing this isn't a good idea simply because mass pk isn't the only thing signets are used for, it's pretty handy in rpk or when you're solely exploring/having fun with friends
When you play the games of thrones, you win or die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
Hate this bs ever since they added it, remove  :police:
Or make it 50% chance to work, I'd love that LOOOL
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
even if you let just leader+director be able to use sig prolly all facs will switch their directors every minute to be able to have a new facsig... u wont solve the problem fully with that i guess...
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Areashi

• Banned
In theory you are right and i would agree but since ppl tend to prefer to talk on wc rather than pking i have a feeling after first wipe the other guild would just sz and start wcing the usual s.hit
This isn't even an argument.
I understand this pov and there's some truth to what you said but doing this isn't a good idea simply because mass pk isn't the only thing signets are used for, it's pretty handy in rpk or when you're solely exploring/having fun with friends

Faction signets are used for RPK and for playing with only friends? No, they are used for faction-wide PK.
Squad signets are a different story. These are still useful for RPK/Exploring, which is why I gave an option: either completely delete them or make them unspammable, let's be real here, nobody's gonna spam signets to explore a near decade old game because they're new here, if they are however, they can make great use of flights which are already over 3x the speed of PWI wings.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
even if you let just leader+director be able to use sig prolly all facs will switch their directors every minute to be able to have a new facsig... u wont solve the problem fully with that i guess...
Didn't think of this. Maybe he can make faction leaders/directors only be able to switch once every 24 hours to limit that kind of abuse. This is just one idea however, I have several.

Offline Moon

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moon, Naive
This isn't even an argument.
Faction signets are used for RPK and for playing with only friends? No, they are used for faction-wide PK.
Squad signets are a different story. These are still useful for RPK/Exploring, which is why I gave an option: either completely delete them or make them unspammable, let's be real here, nobody's gonna spam signets to explore a near decade old game because they're new here, if they are however, they can make great use of flights which are already over 3x the speed of PWI wings
Didn't think of this. Maybe he can make faction leaders/directors only be able to switch once every 24 hours to limit that kind of abuse. This is just one idea however, I have several.

I wasn't talking about faction signets only, I was talking about squad signets (which you suggested to be removed), and my point here is that squad signets are used for whatever people want it to, there are multiple reasons why they'd want/need to use one so I don't think that should be up for discussion

imagine 4-5 people from different factions that want to rpk together. if you make them unspammable, how is that going to happen? it's not just about exploring as you made it sound like (though just because some people don't enjoy doing this, doesn't mean no one does)

regarding the faction signets, and as it's been said above, the next problem would be leaders and directors having to constantly switch in order to make a signet which wouldn't be practical. maybe restricting the switch would solve it, but then again more problems would arise and people would start complaining about it

it doesn't matter how right you are about this being a problem in mass pk, I don't think your suggestion is a viable solution
When you play the games of thrones, you win or die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
-1 i'm too lazy to walk, sprint, fly, w/e.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
I wasn't talking about faction signets only, I was talking about squad signets (which you suggested to be removed), and my point here is that squad signets are used for whatever people want it to, there are multiple reasons why they'd want/need to use one so I don't think that should be up for discussion

imagine 4-5 people from different factions that want to rpk together. if you make them unspammable, how is that going to happen? it's not just about exploring as you made it sound like (though just because some people don't enjoy doing this, doesn't mean no one does)

regarding the faction signets, and as it's been said above, the next problem would be leaders and directors having to constantly switch in order to make a signet which wouldn't be practical. maybe restricting the switch would solve it, but then again more problems would arise and people would start complaining about it

it doesn't matter how right you are about this being a problem in mass pk, I don't think your suggestion is a viable solution
Are you unable to read?
I've already explained to you how you can nerf squad signets without hurting the ''enjoyable aspect'' for casuals - via increasing the cooldown.
Next problem, which Baqwulf's stated has already been answered to. What problems would arise from leaders/directors changing when the top factions which actually mass PK have at least 5-10 people in each faction which they would trust with their own accounts, let alone with their faction. Artifex has so many ''friends'' who they all trust with their lives apparently. They can make them useful if they really need to abuse such a loophole - note that they are not required to change directors/leaders to just PK, this is something that even you can understand right?

GMs/Admins can also assist with leader/director situations if they end up requiring another service - this shouldn't be handled during PK. Are you still following? Stop replying for the sake of replying and really read what has already been stated. You people seem to get salty over me replying in a rude way when all you want me to do is keep repeating what I've already answered multiple times. 

Read and understand what I am saying. It's not hard, I'm actually speaking in English here. I won't be considered rude to you if you're able to do that.

Offline Insanity

• Forum Veteran
make signets only usable in sz

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
Honestly never liked signets ever since they were added to the game.  Increasing the cd isnt a bad idea in theory.

Offline Yuko

• Boy bye.
  • Bora do Pk
  • Characters: Yuko
Meh, my point of view is that not every guiId uses Faction Signet for that. And removing it just because some does that it's just unfair.
After removing it , it wouId be boring too, waiting for enemy to RG everytime they die, it's way funnier if they keep just coming, it aIso aIIows pk to be more active/aIive whiIe it's going.. 
It's kinda true that some guiIds just by thinking they were abIe to make 1 wipe in one guiId and think they won the whoIe pk, it's ridicuIous.
Not everyone thinks the same, as aIong as we aII have fun, not everyone  cares if we win pk or not... not everyone cares about scores. Keep that in mind.
So im my opinion it's -1. 

Offline BriEsT

• Don
Signets have been the death of mass PK as the old players have known it.

Back in the old times there were actual wipes, when a faction wiped another that counted as a point, like in 1v1s (e.g. end score would be 8-2 or something).
Now it's just mindless sig+resig for 1-2 hours till 1 or 2 factions either run away after they win 1 time and then sig to sz.

I propose for now that you only let leaders+directors faction signet and remove squad signets completely or extend their cool downs to something un-spammable and un-reusable in mass PK (e.g. 20 mins).
 I agree, before we could at least tell who really won pk just by wiping out enemy guild. Now if a marshal survives and gets on side he can just click a sig and 40 morons take it unbuffed just to run into enemy guild so they can't "take win". However as sigs are useful for PvE stuff and to be fair they are pretty good for pk as well, increasing cooldown would sound way better. If a guild would fk up a sig it would cost them a lot, so in theory it sounds okay to let marshals sig but with way longer cooldown than it is now.

Offline ʙᴇʙᴇ

• Adversary
  • Adversary created them, and prominent finished them.
"Signets the death of mass pk"?...

I think they are the only reason to keep the mass pk ups.. since its faster to reagroup, and push to enemies again, People here don't like to wait too much for reagroups.. if u delete them, people will sz after the first or second wipe.. mass pks will become from 1 - 2 hours to 15-20 mins..

Plus u don't see a mass pk everyday on server... they happens like every 2 - 3 days.. so.. 20 mins mass pk every 2 - 3  days? nah.. 
I can be all the things you told me not to be

♥ Dev