Epic Perfect World

Demon Vs Sage for Archers

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I personally went sage archer.  When I think of demon, I think of aps, and some even stat for fists for that purpose.  As someone that's supposed to do massive amounts of damage from ranged, I don't mind shooting a little slower from farther away (sage archers get 30 meters + another 6 I believe from morai skill).  So basically if you don't mind shooting slower in exchange for more range, so sage.  Otherwise go demon.

I hate these questions because what it boils down to is your own personal playstyle.  If you go with the sheep you tend to feel out of place if you play differently from them, ya know?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline kelso

I play demon archer and haven't lost in a 1v1 situation to a sage archer since i hit 150. Sage obviously hits marginally harder per hit but i prefer the demon effects on the metals skills, quick shot is obviously ***ing sexy as is the crit on stunning arrow.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
I hate these questions because what it boils down to is your own personal playstyle.  If you go with the sheep you tend to feel out of place if you play differently from them, ya know?

i understand what you mean since i play a Demon DPH Sin.  (worst sin on server LOL) :tiger-35:
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Govheg

• (눈‸눈)
  • Afk, playing life.
i understand what you mean since i play a Demon DPH Sin.  (worst sin on server LOL) :tiger-35:

Welcome to the club!  :tiger-26:

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
I personally think that both are neat, but demon is better for me.
But as it was said already, in the end it depends on your own playstyle which culti will be better for ya.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I went demon on my archer. The increased critrate and aps are very nice in a mass pk situation.(Note I use ranged only, no fists.) More aps = more purges and a good ability to take out those pesky healers.

I have to admit sage is very tempting though. Going r8r with channeling adds and attack lvl combined with the naturally high sage damage is very sexy. Not to mention the additional chi. It won't be quite as good as demon, but still pretty damn good, at killing arcanes. It's a lot more effective at taking down HA targets though.

I personally went sage archer.  When I think of demon, I think of aps, and some even stat for fists for that purpose.  As someone that's supposed to do massive amounts of damage from ranged, I don't mind shooting a little slower from farther away (sage archers get 30 meters + another 6 I believe from morai skill).  So basically if you don't mind shooting slower in exchange for more range, so sage.  Otherwise go demon.

You are slightly off on the range. Archer base range is 30. Demon mastry adds +2 as well as +crit. Sage mastry adds +4. Combining this add with a dragon crossbow or other weapon with ranged adds. (Crossbow being nice for the channel boost as well.) increases it further to 34/36 depending on cultivation.
You are very much correct on the last statement. Both sage and demon archer are very viable and your playing style pretty much determines which one is best for you.

Offline ℬʋttɦҿαɗ

• Hang☆Over
  • Characters: Butthead
Went Holy EA only because i choosed wrong fairy, but it seems better than dark for ME now... All depends on player skills and gear, some ppl playing holy better than dark and some dark better than holy.
pitsid, saun, jupid, triibud
kingikotis katkine viiul

TÜRRRRA!!

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
depends on the playstyle,demon archer is better for atack rate,and killing magic classes,sage is more for spamming the metal skills,and killing heavy and light classes. '-' but i like dark ea better '-'

Offline Ɗҽʂιɠɳҽɾ

• Perma
  • Banned
Holy best !!!! Kermo <3

Offline PrincesLela

• Characters: Daantje
not realy an archer liker << :D

Offline Ayren

I prefer demon, sage has a bit of advantage in regular hits, but than demon gets 2% crit pasive, 10% crit after using stun arrow/sharpened tooth arrow and that with quickshot(30% att speed) gives nice dps. Demon Wingspan use gives you lvl 5 Winged Shell in mass pvp I think its quiet good considering wingspan has 6sec cooldown. Wings of protection give you higher eva/m.speed. And one more thing I like demon for Lightning Strike never misses giving u a good finishing blow.

Offline Adversition

• A
  • I mean, boom!
I went sage here cause the blessing box archer gets makes them legit. I also hate APS-hogging hoes. No offense though, but I didn't come to this game for the pvp to be like "OH YEAH MY 5APS PWNS UR 4.3 APS" NO.

Its funny to vs other archers, n I paralyze them and attack them from my distance and they cant attack me, they like WTFF??? Hurr durr.
Rarely happens though.

Advantage of being Sage Archer:
- You can now actually have attempts at killing kitties. Yes, metal archer roxes ur sox!

Disavantage(s):
- Cannot kill AA classes easily.
- Seriously, attempt spamming random physical skills to a Mystic/Wizard/Venomancer/Cleric. You will fail. Better just switch to APS set and get the job done.
- Our bleed/poison/other skills that's not related to either stun, chi gain or paralyze are basically worthless. Skills like Sage Take Aim cant hit higher for more than 4k non-crit charged to a wizard. Skill damages are not up to server - Level 150 - cap standard. Sad for Sage Archers. When is Sirens of War patch gonna come here again? I want 2 see the bleeds/burns/poisons in this game mean something.

Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013, 12:22 pm by Kest
Society - DEMON ARCHERR
ZerkSoPro - SAGE SIN

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
depends on the playstyle,demon archer is better for atack rate,and killing magic classes,sage is more for spamming the metal skills,and killing heavy and light classes. '-' but i like dark ea better '-'
Yup. O:

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Areashi'

• Old Player
  • :/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.:/.
Officially quit: 21/02/13.
:/. Only coming back for tw.