Epic Perfect World

Stuff that needs to be fixed.

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
If you really want to aps on a barb, get dragon claws and full HA dragon?
3.33 APS base and 5.0 sparked?
Before you say it's too "weak" etc - it's not. My barb does it and does perfectly well.

Also DPH barb is really fun, roll 3x STR gear and use dragon 150 axes and you'll have a lot of success.
Giving a build option to a player isn't a bad thing, don't you think? I have not enjoyed DPH barb. Dragon-geared barb deals vey little damage, it is not playable in pvp, the disadvantage towards r8 is way too high. 3x Str? What about defense...getting 2-shot by arcane players isn't fun at all. Every barb relies on its defense, because barbs only have 1 anti-stun skill! I remember  testing damage on dragon barb with my veno and hitting it 90k with 3rd spark....no fun.

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
Giving a build option to a player isn't a bad thing, don't you think? I have not enjoyed DPH barb. Dragon-geared barb deals vey little damage, it is not playable in pvp, the disadvantage towards r8 is way too high. 3x Str? What about defense...getting 2-shot by arcane players isn't fun at all. Every barb relies on its defense, because barbs only have 1 anti-stun skill! I remember  testing damage on dragon barb with my veno and hitting it 90k with 3rd spark....no fun.
The option is there? 
They are aware 3x int is an end game luxury roll so buffed HA to allow you to have 3.33/5.0 aps, while maintaining a higher defense. Older APS barbs used LA gear to achieve aps and still played fine - even against this dreaded "AA" class you speak of.  

The damage is not that low. 3k/hit, 3x a second = 9k a second? 3x int R8 wrist would only marginally increase this damage. It is very much playable, I do so and many other barbs do so without any issues what so ever. 

If you know the DPH barb well and take time to learn it you won't get 2 shot by any arcane. You have invoke, roar, frighten, sold shield, occult ice, AD, ToP etc. I've played both forms of barb + cata barb with success. Any barb who knows what they're doing will knock down your spark or solid shield through it, leaving you with no chi vs their full chi; at which point they're set up to win with little issue.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
I actually used the lowest end atm.
I am the one that assists every trade in game at this point and most of the trades have prices of 1k ec per point not 800, I was just giving you ''worst'' price to prove point in worst scenario
So if 20 donation points equal 18-20 k ecs and it is "easy" to get damas for 15 ecs each, why not to give 1.100 damas for 20 donation points?
Honestly 1.000 damas for 20 donation points would be great, it would be fun to just donate and reroll r8 without all the bothersome WC spam and frustration.... This is what I want:)

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
So if 20 donation points equal 18-20 k ecs and it is "easy" to get damas for 15 ecs each, why not to give 1.100 damas for 20 donation points?
Honestly 1.000 damas for 20 donation points would be great, it would be fun to just donate and reroll r8 without all the bothersome WC spam and frustration.... This is what I want:)
Because it does not allow market to change after that
It'd be a too good damascene sum that would kill donation point market ingame completely or make it too un-afforadble
It's fine as it is atm as it seems
Its extremely easy to sell donation points ( every1 is buying them) and extremely easy buying damas too  imo
Never had any issue

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
complaining about the reroll system where it took me thousands of EC just acquire a single line of -chan on my Veno's wrists...lmao

Edit: Also, not everyone wants to or is able to throw real life money into this game.
Last Edit: Jan 06, 2017, 03:21 pm by C

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
The option is there?
They are aware 3x int is an end game luxury roll so buffed HA to allow you to have 3.33/5.0 aps, while maintaining a higher defense. Older APS barbs used LA gear to achieve aps and still played fine - even against this dreaded "AA" class you speak of.  

The damage is not that low. 3k/hit, 3x a second = 9k a second? 3x int R8 wrist would only marginally increase this damage. It is very much playable, I do so and many other barbs do so without any issues what so ever.

If you know the DPH barb well and take time to learn it you won't get 2 shot by any arcane. You have invoke, roar, frighten, sold shield, occult ice, AD, ToP etc. I've played both forms of barb + cata barb with success. Any barb who knows what they're doing will knock down your spark or solid shield through it, leaving you with no chi vs their full chi; at which point they're set up to win with little issue.
So probably your main is barb and probably I need glasses because I do not see many barbs that pvp (not talking about troll vit barbs)...
I have just tested dragon gears on my barb... was hitting arcane classes for 3k yes but...
-3k hits were crits...
-would probably hit melee classes for 1-2k
-I was fully buffed and was getting hit for 11-14k normal hits....
HOw to make barbs mroe attractive?
-add more intervals to r8
-add r8 fists
Problem solved

Offline littlelupe

• Old Player
Because it does not allow market to change after that
It'd be a too good damascene sum that would kill donation point market ingame completely or make it too un-afforadble
It's fine as it is atm as it seems
Its extremely easy to sell donation points ( every1 is buying them) and extremely easy buying damas too  imo
Never had any issue
I will not donate because it took me one week to buy dama ores after donating last time. Selling points was easy, but I sold each 10 points for 6k ecs, no idea bout 8-10k. It is fine to me aswell, will save some money:)

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
So probably your main is barb and probably I need glasses because I do not see many barbs that pvp (not talking about troll vit barbs)...
I have just tested dragon gears on my barb... was hitting arcane classes for 3k yes but...
-3k hits were crits...
-add r8 fists
Problem solved
I main cleric. I play most classes though and have done for a long time. 

While they will hit you hard, knockdown + occult ice wit ha 3 spark will kill most AA classes, or at the least burn their genie up giving you another chance to attack. 

I've killed other barbs with APS barb so it's definitely possible to do, just takes practice to learn how to play it.

They were never meant to be an APS class to begin with, it just became possible on here to effectively pvp. Their APS + DPH is perfectly okay as it is. 
While you hit 3k or so = 9k a second without spark, you also get 60-70k hp and a bunch of survivability skills.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
  • I am a poop #echogmabuse
  • Characters: ★Michalynn★Brooklynn★
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
-3k hits were crits...
-add r8 fists
Problem solved
Tequetl in AE deals 3k crits to my ea in full def phys orns with his aps and he is dex build, wys
"add r8 fist" tearssssssssssssss LOOOOL IM AM CRYING SOME TOP TIER HUMOUR
doesnt need int boost.
besides 1v1 wise barbs are fine. mass they are nothing more then ep grounders, ccer and rebuffers.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Duskblade sleep cooldown inc by 5 seconds 

All other edits suggested by Burdette that remove luck based cancer 

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Do people really read this kind of threads lol

Offline Grimmy

• Lurker
  • The best things happen in the dark
I'm a bit late to respond, but thank you Cinnamon for the answer! =D