Epic Perfect World

RPDT vs Def Levels

Offline Wines

• Custom title?
  • Characters: Wines
  • Faction: Tempted
Hey guys. ive been wondering gor a while what is the diff between rpdt and def lvls. i know rpdt is focus on physical attack while def lvls is some kinda formula toward eenemy atk lvls but how do i know which one i should focus on moe or which is more superior than the other! some explaination would be nice thanx in advance!

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• #1 Vit Build Metal Mage
  • Noop since 2012.
  • Characters: 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀
Hey guys. ive been wondering gor a while what is the diff between rpdt and def lvls. i know rpdt is focus on physical attack while def lvls is some kinda formula toward eenemy atk lvls but how do i know which one i should focus on moe or which is more superior than the other! some explaination would be nice thanx in advance!
For every def level you have over your opponent you take 1% less damage.
(For every attack level over your def they have, they deal 1% more damage).
The higher your def is, the less likely it is the opponent will gain bonus damage from their attack levels, or at least, gets a lot less.

RPDT is good for AA classes, but you realistically need a mix of both. 
RPDT just reduces all physical damage by that %.

When you get rid of your best Cata EP
Artifex lost 80 vs 30 in ten minutes

Offline Wines

• Custom title?
For every def level you have over your opponent you take 1% less damage.
(For every attack level over your def they have, they deal 1% more damage).
The higher your def is, the less likely it is the opponent will gain bonus damage from their attack levels, or at least, gets a lot less.

RPDT is good for AA classes, but you realistically need a mix of both.
RPDT just reduces all physical damage by that %.
Ah yeah i was just wondering because i see lots of accessories like 3-4x rpdt% vs Def levels 2 etc etc so i was wondering which one would be better overall haha 

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Ah yeah i was just wondering because i see lots of accessories like 3-4x rpdt% vs Def levels 2 etc etc so i was wondering which one would be better overall haha
1 def level = 1% reduced damage
1 rpdt = 1.5% reduced physical damage
That's the results me and Mentalista got a while ago during testing, don't know if still the same but it should be.. Guess I'll test it again later.

Offline Wines

• Custom title?
That's the results me and Mentalista got a while ago during testing, don't know if still the same but it should be.. Guess I'll test it again later.
Mentalista god of math . thanx burdette :)

Offline Haydz

• uw0t?
  • Characters: Haydz/Expel

Thanks Mari :*

Offline Chrysta

1 def level = 1% reduced damage 1 rpdt = 1.5% reduced physical damage That's the results me and Mentalista got a while ago during testing, don't know if still the same but it should be.. Guess I'll test it again later.

What if someone attacking me has high attack level and I only have RPDT? Does that have the same results?
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2017, 08:34 pm by Alannah, Reason: .

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
What if someone attacking me has high attack level and I only have RPDT? Does that have the same results?
E.G they have 100 attack levels, you have 50 defense. 
They are doing 50% more damage to you (let's assume it's all physical). 

You have e.g 40% RPDT it should be the same as the 100 defense levels. 
But if magic attacks you, you're likely dead. 

Offline Death

• Old Player
I'm a bit confused. Let's say I'm attacking a character with 100 defense levels; I have 50 attack levels. Are my 50 attack levels doing anything to boost my damage in this case? Or is it the case that I would need at least 101 attack levels for my attack levels to take any effect?

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
I'm a bit confused. Let's say I'm attacking a character with 100 defense levels; I have 50 attack levels. Are my 50 attack levels doing anything to boost my damage in this case? Or is it the case that I would need at least 101 attack levels for my attack levels to take any effect?
It has effect in a sense. 

If they have 100 defense, they will take 1% less damage for every defense level they have over your attack level. 
The more attack levels you have, the smaller this defense bonus becomes. If your attack level is higher than their defense, you start doing additional damage.

Offline ZDiabloZ

• Old Player
i miss my sins 132 att lvls qq r8 nerf lol 

Offline 𝓙𝒶𝒸𝓀

• Noop since 2012.
i miss my sins 132 att lvls qq r8 nerf lol
I miss 40-45k pdef on my EP. Sad times.

:)