Epic Perfect World

Yellow Question Marks?

Offline mannyesss

Hello, I finally got EPW to run on my Mac but now that I am in, all I see is yellow (?) question marks on all items, skills, etc.? Anyone know whats happening? Lol.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline mannyesss

I already did, and they still appear. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I already did, and they still appear.

I misread earlier and didn't see "on your mac"

I have no idea why it wouldn't show icons on your mac, that'd be something Agatio or Burdette would have to answer.

Offline Viversum

• bye
  • Faction: Tyrants
Sorry, no idea about mac xd

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Try this

Back-up all files that you currently have installed in the Wine C: drive, or wherever inside of the .Wine prefix. (You can do this by moving it to a folder outside of Wine). Open Terminal, either by using the Start Icon or pressing Ctrl + Alt + T, and then type 'rm -r ~/.wine'. Once you have typed that, type 'WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine winecfg'. This should create a 32-bit .wine prefix, and it is advisable to check (~/home/.wine) once again.
Also verify after that you've done this
Click the start icon, type in Winetricks and open the program. Select 'Select the default wineprefix' and then press OK, then select 'Install a Windows DLL or Component' and press OK. Tick the following files, then press OK:

"d3dx10, d3dx11_42, d3dx11_43, d3dx9, d3dx9_26, d3dx9_28, d3dx9_31, d3dx9_35, d3dx9_36, d3dx9_39, d3dx9_42, d3dx9_43, d3dxof, devenum, dinput, dinput8, dirac, directmusic, directplay, directx9, dmsynth, dotnet20, dsound, ie7, msls31, pngfilt, quartz, vcrun2008, wininet, wsh56vb, xmilite."
Last Edit: Jan 03, 2017, 04:21 pm by Agatio

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=29164.msg406637#msg406637
looks like mentalista had most or all of the icons fine

Offline mannyesss

Try this
Also verify after that you've done this
I'm having trouble downloading wine tricks lol, I'm not this tech savvy with codes. 

Offline Harvard

• Old Player
  • Faction: Prominent
Hi there.

I just recently solved this issue on my computer anyways. I am using Mac OS X Sierra and wineskin to run Epic Perfect World. It runs smooth and I'm able to run everything to max settings with moderate to low lag depending on what I'm doing.

In order to solve this issue:

Note: Do not use Wine as it has not been updated. The app you must download is called Wineskin, which runs Wine, but it is more updated and allows you to have greater control of the files you can install that PW needs.
To learn how to use wineskin, there's a video on YouTube that explains it in a very basic manner or you can go to their own website.
The post from above that leads to Mentalista's forum post teaches you how to use it.
However, since it has been updated, you must do the following steps AFTER you've done what Mentalista has instructed you to do:

1) Using the wineskin that contains your Epic Perfect World folder, you must use winetricks and install ie7. dll or ie8.dll, which is internet explorer. This will allow the client to receive the icons and images or whatever it does (not sure why it needs this specific dll file, but it solved my issue of black faces + missing icons of items and skills).

2) If you cannot install the ie7.dll directly from winetricks (the newest version of wineskin engines, from what I've seen, doesn't allow it due to Wine not updating their app databases), go on google and search internet explorer 7 or whatever version. Download it directly from Microsoft.

This will be an exe file, which Mac cannot open. Therefore, using wineskin or Crossover, open and install the exe directly and save the installation folder on your desktop.

Once that is done, open the folder of Wineskin by right-clicking the icon and go into Package Contents. Go into drive_c, then Program Files. Copy and drag the internet explorer file from your desktop and drag into Program Files.

Test the application, verify it, and see if it works.

Hope that helps.
Last Edit: Jan 10, 2017, 02:44 am by Rafael