Epic Perfect World

UFC

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I really liked this event and I remember it being held only one time and then cancelled because Asator quit. Is there any chance this event will be brought back in future? It would be a great opportunity as a 1v1 event and players won't be limited to being online when event is announced.

To clear up for those that don't know what I'm talking about:

UFC was a 1v1 event back in May that was announced 2-3 weeks before it was held and to join You needed to sign up on forums, so everyone had a chance to sign up and participate. There were 2 categories: -149 and 150, but seeing almost everyone out there is now level 150 don't think there would need to be a lower level category.

I hope this event will be held at least one more time.  :normal-1:

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
YES, D: i remember haha, i wasn't even level 145 then(on my first toon on server) :(

still was a fun event xD
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Claciusvile

• That random wizard.
It was an alright event. Problem was when it was psychic vs wizard, fights would last a while.

I took part in it, forgot where I got to. Beat two people, then got beat by an archer....if only chocolates weren't allowed -.-

Offline Elu

Good 'ol times. But it was finished, I just had to go that day and charged other GM's into finishing it, but as far I recall, it was finished up. I gave prizes after all and even took SS's. Must be somewhere around. :p
-Retired-

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
Good 'ol times. But it was finished, I just had to go that day and charged other GM's into finishing it, but as far I recall, it was finished up. I gave prizes after all and even took SS's. Must be somewhere around. :p

Yeah, I thought it was a monthly event and that it was cancelled after first tournament.

Offline Uriel

• Worms.
  • Worms.
Just think of an 1 vs 1 event barb vs barb will take 1 year. And if you make it class restricted the one closed out will QQ cuz they cant go.

Offline Elu

Yeah, I thought it was a monthly event and that it was cancelled after first tournament.

It was a lot of effort, which most GM's didn't want to go through it seems.

Just think of an 1 vs 1 event barb vs barb will take 1 year. And if you make it class restricted the one closed out will QQ cuz they cant go.

That's why I put a rule about that: 5-7 minutes fights, if no winner by then; duels. The first to win 2 duels out of 3, is the winner. Really wish my thread was still around (got deleted?) so other GM's could take up doing it.
-Retired-

Offline Caeley

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ignorance is no excuse
I will look that I can bring back the event. I remember it from my time as player. Didn't participate though. And I am organizing lately more often 1v1 events. So I think organizing a big one every 1-2 months shouldnt be a problem for me.
(If i remeber my first failed 1v1 event ... 40 Participants 1 Gm gg) So effort wise its not really a problem for me

And yes, the thread got deleted, but I made a bookmark for me, so i dont have to search all the time in trash can.

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I will look that I can bring back the event. I remember it from my time as player. Didn't participate though. And I am organizing lately more often 1v1 events. So I think organizing a big one every 1-2 months shouldnt be a problem for me.
(If i remeber my first failed 1v1 event ... 40 Participants 1 Gm gg) So effort wise its not really a problem for me

And yes, the thread got deleted, but I made a bookmark for me, so i dont have to search all the time in trash can.

Thanks, hope it will be some time soon. =]

Offline Elu

I'd reccomend you getting a couple more GM's or one at least. It got pretty chaotic sometimes back then. Good luck with it!
-Retired-

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Yea, bit of a chaotic event but it was fun. Even with the time-out event rules back then HA cleric vs my archer ended in a draw on the finals. Even the duel timed out.

I also remember that despite the signups a LOT of people weren't there. It was the same on several other pre-planned events. If I recall correctly over half the players that signed up didn't even attend making it a nightmare to organise.

It was an alright event. Problem was when it was psychic vs wizard, fights would last a while.

I took part in it, forgot where I got to. Beat two people, then got beat by an archer....if only chocolates weren't allowed -.-

You didn't lose because of chocolates. You lost to me because all you tried was 1 single combo every few minutes & spamhealing yourself in between, that simply won't work on an archer with some pk experience. Almost every wizzy spams firecombo, it's easy to counter.

Offline Elu

Yea, bit of a chaotic event but it was fun. Even with the time-out event rules back then HA cleric vs my archer ended in a draw on the finals. Even the duel timed out.

I also remember that despite the signups a LOT of people weren't there. It was the same on several other pre-planned events. If I recall correctly over half the players that signed up didn't even attend making it a nightmare to organise.

You didn't lose because of chocolates. You lost to me because all you tried was 1 single combo every few minutes & spamhealing yourself in between, that simply won't work on an archer with some pk experience. Almost every wizzy spams firecombo, it's easy to counter.

That's mainly a problem because of different time zones, and people that sign-up not really taking notice when the event is and if they're available at that time zone. It was indeed a nightmare to get that sorted out, calling people over red chat and such.

Heh, I remember that fight, it broke right through rules, but gladly was just one.
-Retired-

Offline Zaboteur

<not to you poster but in a whole>
whats the dealio on the chocolatoes!! has everyone forgotten how to pk? is all i hear about in events to cant use chocolates and such,  what gives, everyone goin soft? yet when i see people use them and kill in pk and the other guy didnt they still callem noob even tho they the one that had to use it becuse they almost lost to someone NOT useing anything :X   OHHH thats right, its all about balancing, i bet people must feel more balanced with an edge >.>  :)) :)) :)) muaha goodness take out those chocolates maybe we'll get our aps back...  lol "funny wish thought", but ill bet when them chocolates came here ill bet thats when yall said sin was OP. would figure as much, and rolls right along with it perfectly lol. owell. shouldnt need all that bs to kill someone at all, here its a must espetially for a sin. they must use it to even stand a chance vs a barb ffs lol. i logged on once today for a quick pk session, barb stood there didnt move and 3 shot me < a sin with perfect DAMAGE gear on this server, after spending thousands of EC now having 2 seperate sets, i shut the game off after that. lol im seeing its real bad. im glad i went to my ffxi i been actually havin fun.  ep last server i got in my pc, bout to be the last pwi i ever play sadly, i think this server killed my experience on pwi the rest of the way, well see what happens after 6 months of ff. and whoever said what they said in another forum here, about was balanced "until now" yea they were dead right about that, and you totally screwed the sin in everyway here. yall will learn on your own when it starts gettin like ekpw. too strong for what your tryin to accomplish on everything else. just like this neck peice i had to buy with +20 everything on it, and then a cape im not going after becuase the idea of the time it takes to get is redic too, grats to the players who i saw log 3 players in and solo it on your own BTW, when the server rule is only 2 online in one instance for any ONE PERSONS IP <and having 2 pcs excuse for your 4 logins dont count, thats bs too>.  anyway, sleep time, goodbye for another 3 weeks or so.
Last Edit: Feb 09, 2013, 06:05 am by Zaboteur

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
<not to you poster but in a whole>
whats the dealio on the chocolatoes!! has everyone forgotten how to pk? is all i hear about in events to cant use chocolates and such,  what gives, everyone goin soft? yet when i see people use them and kill in pk and the other guy didnt they still callem noob even tho they the one that had to use it becuse they almost lost to someone NOT useing anything :X   OHHH thats right, its all about balancing, i bet people must feel more balanced with an edge >.>  :)) :)) :)) muaha goodness take out those chocolates maybe we'll get our aps back...  lol "funny wish thought", but ill bet when them chocolates came here ill bet thats when yall said sin was OP. would figure as much, and rolls right along with it perfectly lol. owell. shouldnt need all that bs to kill someone at all, here its a must espetially for a sin. they must use it to even stand a chance vs a barb ffs lol. i logged on once today for a quick pk session, barb stood there didnt move and 3 shot me < a sin with perfect DAMAGE gear on this server, after spending thousands of EC now having 2 seperate sets, i shut the game off after that. lol im seeing its real bad. im glad i went to my ffxi i been actually havin fun.  ep last server i got in my pc, bout to be the last pwi i ever play sadly, i think this server killed my experience on pwi the rest of the way, well see what happens after 6 months of ff. and whoever said what they said in another forum here, about was balanced "until now" yea they were dead right about that, and you totally screwed the sin in everyway here. yall will learn on your own when it starts gettin like ekpw. too strong for what your tryin to accomplish on everything else. just like this neck peice i had to buy with +20 everything on it, and then a cape im not going after becuase the idea of the time it takes to get is redic too, grats to the players who i saw log 3 players in and solo it on your own BTW, when the server rule is only 2 online in one instance for any ONE PERSONS IP <and having 2 pcs excuse for your 4 logins dont count, thats bs too>.  anyway, sleep time, goodbye for another 3 weeks or so.
...If you're just apparently back here to whine about things, which are bullcrap too btw, then seriously go back to what you were doing and stay there.
No one is forcing you to play here. >>

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Holy shit Zaboteur did your post get hit by an earthquake? A tornado? It's a disaster zone... Do you ever write posts that aren't long, illogical and incoherent rants?

whats the dealio on the chocolatoes!!

Sorry, I'm not really into pokemon.

Also, if I understand this right, you are complaining about the following things. Please note that I may have gotten it wrong. The Google Gibberish to English translator isn't very accurate.

People calling others noob when they win a 1v1 using a chocolate that gives them an edge.
People forgetting how to pk.
APS being removed (I'm guessing you are refering to sin r8r setbonus.)
That sins can't kill anything without apo.
You getting 3shot by a barb.
Sins being screwed in every way here.
Dragonchild scale & TM cape being required gear for sins to be able to kill others.

As well as an entirely unrelated suggestion that chocos need to be removed. All these things being equally related to this topic as this duck.

I would also like to point out that if you are incapable of killing others on a sin you must be pking by letting a cat walk on your keyboard. This being the only thing I can imagine that could cause a sin to be unable to kill others. Cats suck at gaming, it might be the catnip. I had a cat once, it liked to chase bugs. It had lots of fun taking down everything with no problem at all. Sometimes it would run into a wall while chasing a bug though.  It would then  rant to the almighty Flying Spaghetti Monster about walls being OP because it couldn't break them. During these rants it also liked to complain about felines no longer being able to claw at 5aps since the balancing patch His Noodly Highness introduced when adding the international talk like a pirate day to life. Pirates are just as related to this topic as your entire post.

BTW, when the server rule is only 2 online in one instance for any ONE PERSONS IP <and having 2 pcs excuse for your 4 logins dont count, thats bs too>.

This is not true, you may only use 2 characters at once on farming spots on the main map. Multiclienting more than 2 in instances is perfectly fine as it doesn't block other people from farming the way it does on main map.
But not to worry, I can see why you are confused by this. A topic with actual punctuation, proper spelling and a sensible structure must be hard to understand. I have included a more readable version of this rule for you at the bottom of this post.  This too is about as unrelated to this topic as a shark in a stylish suit riding a dinosaur while shooting machineguns at unicorns. Don't ask why, the unicorns had it coming.

Rule 7 in a more readable version for Mr. Zaboteur.

rule 7> multiclinting is ok but there are some excetions you can use max to 2 characters!!!!! in the farming spots in the world map you may not multi-client!!!!!!!! on territorialwars RULE concers multi-clienting in <one> <or> more tws at the same time you may not multi-client on following events celestial tigers city of abominations <snake>isle <racing>

TLDR; Imbalance in universe caused by excessive stupid corrected with sarcasm.