Epic Perfect World

Take Aim Skill broken.. appears that attack never completes

Offline Gumby2015

• Beginner
My character has hung 4 times since I created it this morning... finally tracked it down to every time I cast Take Aim it stops me from any other action other than movement after that. I can not cast a buff or another attack or even call my mount. The client seems to be sitting waiting for take aim to complete. I get continual updates of pings and the only way to clear the condition is to exit the game back to the character selection screen and select start again. Once back in the game everything works fine until Take Aim is used again and then nothing is usable. Take Aim has killed the mob each time so I don't have any idea if it will continue to attack on it's own. The Archer in question, Abbydaddythwak, is lvl 12 now in Celestial Vale. It's the first Archer I have made and I hope they haven't had this problem all along :) I will continue to play him and just avoid Take Aim for now. I have no idea if this is a result of today's patch or not but it's hard to believe that no one has encountered it before and not complained.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Are you sure you updated to v14? This problem should be fixed in the most recent version.

Offline Gumby2015

• Beginner
Yes, I even just relogged through the launcher to make sure it was already patched. I logged in the and made sure I can recreate it and found one more piece of information to add. I apparently only happens when you manually terminate the Take Aim charge cycle. If I let it run complete on it's own then it seems to work ok. I was told that if it runs the charge cycle fully then the amount of attack is randomly selected so the correct method for greatest attack is to terminate it manually as near to full as possible so that's what I was doing today.  If you do terminate it manually, the little blue box that says Take Aim on it remains displayed well after the attack should have been completed  - don't know if that's any help or not.