Epic Perfect World

Returned to play after Christmas

Offline rosak2016

• Beginner
Bug report for looping macros
Seems that the implementation of Skill-send has created an unexpected flaw. Cleric buff macros now loop continuously even though the macro is created as a single pass macro without a reentry point. Played around with the structuring of both team and individual 1 hour Demon buffs and discovered that no matter what skill is placed in the second position of the macro it will loop and reenter at that point... i.e.; Macro = Vanguard Spirit, Magic Shell, Celestial Guardian, Spirit's Gift.   Before the Skill-send code changes the macro would run once and exit as intended. Now, it loops back and reenters at Magic Shell and cycles through the Magic Shell, Celestial Guardian, Spirit's Gift sequence continually unless you move the character. I tried inserting a manual attack, either by itself or inserting a loop point followed by the manual attack and both attempts were ignored and the macro looped as noted before. A change was made to macro coding before where skills in cool-down were skipped (may not be the most accurate interpretation of the actual change) and I suspect it is combined with the removal in timing by Skill-sender code that's causing the looping. Normally it could probably be worked around but the unintended looping when you try and rebuff a purged teammate makes life very difficult. There's a lot of noise being made about move action attacks and non-move action attacks since skill-sender was included in the client code. Maybe buffs need a separate skill flag (or maybe one exists and isn't being utilized?) so that skill-send ignores removing the timing in those instances.

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
It's not skillsend that causes it. Normal skill clicking/pressing and macro system work in a completely different way.
Some changes were made to the macro system to make it work better overall, like stopping the macro when you move and stopping it when the target dies. These changes had side-effects, like the one you described. They are being fixed so wait for patch and keep reporting problems if there are any.