Epic Perfect World

PC Newbie needs help!

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
I've been running PWI/EPW for about 3 years now on the same PC, not sure what my current specs are (probably something super trash) but whenever I try to do some mass pk or a tw my frame rate drops so low I don't even see my charm tick before dying.
I've been looking into buying a new laptop but I'm not sure if they'll be good enough to run those mass pk situations because EPW is such a rough game to run.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Matte-Black-X555DA-WB11-15.6-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-A10-8700P-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10/51335027

^ is one of the laptops I'm considering buying, it's nothing magical or big I'm sure due to the price but I'm wondering if it's GOOD ENOUGH to handle those mass pk scenarios.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-6-Inch-Touchscreen-LED-Backlit/dp/B01MYM5RJW

^ Is another laptop I'm considering, now due to the price being about $100 higher I wanted to make sure if it was worth buying it over the previous laptop. This one is obviously better but I feel like the difference isn't that big.

I'm trying to figure out whether I can buy the first one for that cheap price and be able to run mass pk fine or decently or if I should buy the second one because the first one is hopeless and won't be any good.
Some help from someone with experience with this sort of thing would be very much appreciated.

I don't know what the minimum specs are to run the game in general but I'm pretty sure those don't take into consideration when you get into a brawl with 50 other players making giant purple vortexes and dragons.
If neither of those laptops are any good though it would help alot if someone could link a good laptop that can work well in mass (nothing super pricey please my wallet is only so deep) .Or just let me know the minimum specs for a good performance in mass.

Thank you!

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
Bumping for relevance  :police:

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
Dude for about 500 euro i bought parts and i built a PC that laughs at 13 epw clients on max graphic. depends on prices you can build ur own pc. laptops are usualy more expensive and they arent good for games,with some exceptions,they usualy overheat a lot cuz the parts are all close together.But if u wana gaming laptop u need about 2k $

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
If your laptop will be dedicated mainly for gaming, I would suggest getting 17.3" one. Your proposed resolution 1366x768 is really low,
I would try to find one with 1600x900 (or 1920x1080 which is more than enough).
As far I am aware, the i5 processors will work better than their AMD equivalents (4 cores AMD is having is totally unnecessary and does not give any performance benefit over higher clocked intel processors, especially for PW).
Integrated Intel HD graphic card 5000+ is just fine as the graphic goes, laptops don't need dedicated graphic cards, unless you're aiming for a mid-high end.

Also touch screen seems to be unnecessary feature.

if u wana gaming laptop u need about 2k $
You can get a decent gaming laptop with just a little over $1000.
Laptops below that price can still do fine though, you just probably won't be able to run modern games at higher settings.

Last Edit: Nov 29, 2016, 08:52 pm by Agatio

Offline Areashi

• Banned

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Matte-Black-X555DA-WB11-15.6-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-Quad-Core-A10-8700P-Processor-4GB-Memory-500GB-Hard-Drive-and-Windows-10/51335027

^ is one of the laptops I'm considering buying, it's nothing magical or big I'm sure due to the price but I'm wondering if it's GOOD ENOUGH to handle those mass pk scenarios.
I'm running i7 6700 and 980ti and this sht still can't handle mass pk scenarios.

Offline KingCobra

• quited/inactive.
If your laptop will be dedicated mainly for gaming, I would suggest getting 17.3" one. Your proposed resolution 1366x768 is really low,
I would try to find one with 1600x900 (or 1920x1080 which is more than enough).
As far I am aware, the i5 processors will work better than their AMD equivalents (4 cores AMD is having is totally unnecessary and does not give any performance benefit over higher clocked intel processors, especially for PW).
Integrated Intel HD graphic card 5000+ is just fine as the graphic goes, laptops don't need dedicated graphic cards, unless you're aiming for a mid-high end.

Also touch screen seems to be unnecessary feature.

You can get very decent a gaming laptop with just a little over $1000.
Laptops below that price can still do fine though, you just probably won't be able to run modern games at higher settings.
Yes maybe,sry im not aware of prices of gaming laptops,i live in 3rd world country :DDDDDDDD

Offline ᴠɪᴄ

• ✝️
I'm running i7 6700 and 980ti and this sht still can't handle mass pk scenarios.
Damn alright I guess I'll just save for a desktop or try to build myself a custom one. Thanks for your input man. 

Offline Areashi

• Banned
Damn alright I guess I'll just save for a desktop or try to build myself a custom one. Thanks for your input man.
Or just move on and build a PC which can run other games, do not make a PW centered PC.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
this