Epic Perfect World

Cleric's Array

Offline Sketchead

Heres the deal, Absorbing Array and Aurora Array can stack from 2000 up to 18000 depending on soulforce wich for some reasson is 10000 on nearly everyone on the server, seen some 12000 and its the most, this skills are supposed to "absorb" the target's healing causing 2 things, 1 for the target not to recieve such healing and 2 for the healing to be slightly absorbed by the violet status cleric ^-^.

Now theres two things going on here, 1 the cleric doesnt seems to be actually getting any absorbed healing >:(, and 2 this doesnt prevents healing for shit  :sad:, why? every single class with a healing skill, call it mystic, cleric, wizard or eve a blademaster's shitty diamond sutra heals for more than 12000, meaning thats all it takes to remove array debuff, 1 heal, 1 click, 1 second, this makes this skill slightly less than completely useless :-\, about this I have 2 questions:

#1: Was this meant or intended in any level at some point in the making of the client? cause I dont see how fixing it to suit the server would make clerics more or less (the number of DD clerics such as myself is extremely low alrdy anyways wouldnt make a lot of ppl op even if it did, widh it wouldnt)
#2: Can we get it fixed?  ;D

I'd apreciate any reply on this, wether its your opinion, a correction on something I didn't caught myself being wrong at or you random pointless flaming caused by the fact you missed a hug or two during your childhood, but most of all I wonder if some actual GM response is possible, I would very much apreciate it  ;)

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
I've wondered about this before as well. It's supposed to be one of those high power skills, yet it doesn't do much here. If it was doubled (4k up to 32k), then I feel it would have more of the effect it should have on our higher leveled characters.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Losing 12k off a charmtick is pretty significant on some classes. Aside from that, I don't think it's possible to edit skills much, at least that's what the GM's have been saying to a lot of skill-suggestion topics.

Offline Sketchead

Ì agree with the 10-12k on the tick being a big deal, bit for most classes its easily removable avoiding just that, also idk abt skill editing but it would sure be nice, altho I dont know untill what point, my 49k-63k mag dmg cleric can heal a vit barb's hp bar fully at the tap of a stream of rejuvenation, that would mean array needing almost 100k to hold atleast a whole heal, then again this would man removing whole charm ticks from some classes on 1v1s, so it sure is a delicate matter I guess, again, some GM response would be nice

Tali

TBH there's certain skills that aren't adjusted at all for the amped up hp/mp we all have.
I agree that absorbing array does dick all, but even malefic crush, a 2spark foxform skill only drains about 2.4k mp.
Now, on a regular server that would definitely hurt a physical class, especially if the genie skill chaotic spirit (causes a soul transfusion on the character) were to be used.
However, it burns barely any mp, and is useless as a 2spark skill here.

So I +1 this, just because not only do cleric skills need some ampage, but I believe there's quite a few classes who's skills are rendered useless by the huge hp/mp jump compared to official server.  :-\

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
i'm making a DD cleric,. can you guys help me on Build, Equips, and stuff?.. after comparing skills I'm leaning towards sage. thanks
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Sketchead

Even tho I myself im sage, DD clerics should be demon, I was demon actually, I just wont change back cause Im lazy... I dont even think you can chance twice, but yeah, demon wield thunder ftw, not to mention chromantic and silent seal, and dat plume shot spam, freezing temptest is nice but the winner of this round has to be that no-chi purify :-\.

Demon JHIN demon, read again, ull notice two things, 1 sage buffs r not that big of a deal, 2 all the actuall dmg dealing skills are better on their demon version and you shouldnt give a fvck about healing skills cause real metal clerics walk around on ultraviolet pretty much all the time.

As far as the build goes... How do you build any damage dealer? PURE so pure mag full AA all the way, have fun  ;D

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
Even tho I myself im sage, DD clerics should be demon, I was demon actually, I just wont change back cause Im lazy... I dont even think you can chance twice, but yeah, demon wield thunder ftw, not to mention chromantic and silent seal, and dat plume shot spam, freezing temptest is nice but the winner of this round has to be that no-chi purify :-\.

Demon JHIN demon, read again, ull notice two things, 1 sage buffs r not that big of a deal, 2 all the actuall dmg dealing skills are better on their demon version and you shouldnt give a fvck about healing skills cause real metal clerics walk around on ultraviolet pretty much all the time.

As far as the build goes... How do you build any damage dealer? PURE so pure mag full AA all the way, have fun  ;D

thanks Piledriver :D  i'm gonna try this out and be Evil with it. hehehe :smiley:
RETIRED BARB

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Here is easy to make two toons, one Sage, one Demon.
Easier and cheaper than to switch one between fairies.

Then see which one kills better within your playstyle.

And yes: for DD go pure Mag.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
RETIRED BARB

Scylla

I would like to add to this thread by saying that mystic summons/plants need small buffs as well. (Such as, Salvations MP pool, Vital Herb's MP pool, Healing Herbs heal, etc.)

But yes, I agree that some skills to need small buffs to make them more viable to the server.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I will look into it, but I don't promise anything, since skill editing is very difficult.

Offline _Baby_

• Fail Cleric
  • working on stuff
  • Characters: Gilda, Atla, DangerDoll, etc., etc.
  • Faction: TideTrash
I just have one thing to say here.. SCYLLA :O NICKI MINAJ?? REALLY?? REALLY???   
          Re: Cleric's Array                            « Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 12:11:35 am »I would like to add to this thread by saying that mystic summons/plants need small buffs as well. (Such as, Salvations MP pool, Vital Herb's MP pool, Healing Herbs heal, etc.)

But yes, I agree that some skills to need small buffs to make them more viable to the server.
    *** ok for me as a full mag full AA Cleric, it would be really nice is our buffs were pumped up along with everything else. Sometimes those little things can be the edge we need to win. But I have a feeling if this is fixed.. people will be calling Clerics and Mystics to OP and want us nerfed :/ oh well***