Epic Perfect World

Problem with installing game?

Offline rochester13

Hi all, I have a problem that I just can't solve. I downloaded the first torrent mirror download for EpicPW, and when it finished, I opened the folder with 7zip. But I can't find the install file, and when I try to run launch.exe an error comes up. Is it a problem that needs fixing? Or am I just doing something noobishly wrong? Please help quick, I really want to play EpicPw it is the best private server. Thanks. P.s how much does the average aero gear sword cost on this server.

Offline rochester13

Help guys! Getting more desperate....... ??? ???

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Try reinstalling? Maybe something went wrong in the process. Good luck!

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
what antivirus do u use?
after extracting the game please add the whole folder as an exception to ur antivirus. only then you can start the game from Launcher.exe or Patcher.exe

Offline rochester13

Ok, thanks, I will try these. But I don't think it is a antivirus problem, because the error says a file is missing or something. Oh yeah, and tell me, is there supposed to be a install file? How would it be like if everything is correct as in, no errors or whatever. Thanks again.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
then u probably got some corrupted files :/
can u try to download the normal files instead of torrent?

Observation: There are some antivirus that delete .exe files, like AGV for example. so it will accuse the hame as a missing file and thus the game not even start cuz the file it deletes its the elementclient.exe

Offline rochester13

Oh ok, thanks, I will try that soon when the computer is free( brother is on right now) :sad: so, there will be a file is named install, and I have to open that?

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
no no
when u extract the game, you will find a a folder named "launcher" and inside you will have a file named "Launcher.exe" this is the file u have to double click but dont forget to add the WHOLE FOLDER of EPW to the antivirus exceptions list before.

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
Oh well .. idk why u using 7zip.. i do suggest you to use winrar
And its not anti virus problem :P ..

So after u done downloading .. extract it somewhere like ...(if  you'r windows x86 .. u better move it to Progrem Files (x86) )
1.Open Patcher folder

2. Right click again on Patcher .. then Run as Administrator

Patcher will download all updates that you'r EpicPW missing .. just wait till it done then you can start the game !

***Note you dont have to instal like in PWI .. you  download the client already instaled

Offline rochester13

OK. I re-downloaded Epic PW. But problems still arise. First off, in my files there is a Patcher.exe, not Patcher, and it doesn't have a picture. If i right click on that, there is no run as administrator, only run. If I try to run that, a message comes up saying packdll.dll is missing. But in the patch folder, packdll.dll is right there clear as day. And the same thing happens if I launch the game.
Please help.
Thanks.

Offline rochester13

Wait, never mind, I fixed this. Thanks everyone that commented, it gave me a lot of support.  ^-^ (Tears of joy) Thanks guys once again.