Epic Perfect World

Preparing for the EPIC Genesis/Descent Update

Offline aceyxx

Okay there seems to be a lot of information about the update on Genesis patch will be on Thursday (22.03) and it's a little everywhere for me and my friends who turn to me and ask me on what the hell should they do. Therefore in order to keep my sanity and to prevent repetitive speech on my part, I've posted what I know so far on what to do in preparation of the what I now dub as the "EPIC Genesis/Descent Patch".

If I find more information or when Agatio posts more information on how to get the EPIC Genesis/Descent Update, I'll update the instructions. Until then, if I'm providing the wrong instructions.... PLEASE correct me.

Guide is complete.

If you already have Perfect World International installed on your computer...
  • Run your PWI client
    This is usually found on C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe or as a shortcut on your desktop.
  • Check your PWI Client Version
    This can be found on the bottom right hand corner of your client login screen. Your version number & build should be "Ver 1.4.5 Build 2305"

• COPY your PWI Client
    Unless you really don't want to see PWI again, I suggest you create a copy of your "Perfect World International" folder which can usually be found on C:\Perfect World Entertainment\ then rename the folder to "Epic Perfect World" .... or be really creative so long as you know it is where you can find your soon to be complete Epic Perfect World Client
  • Wait further instructions from Agatio
    Since even I don't know what to do next and the update hasn't happened, I'm also waiting for instructions.

If you DON'T have Perfect World International installed on your computer...
  • Download PWI Client
    Go to http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download and download AND install the PWI client. PWI can provide you with more than enough guides, notes, precautions.... whatever you want to call it on how to install their client.
  • Run the patcher and UPDATE
    You're gonna to have to do this whether you like it or not since I don't know what version the fresh install of the PWI client is and they're not going to let you bypass the patcher to check the client version and build.
  • Check your PWI client version
    For good measure make sure that your client version is 1.4.5 Build 2305

• COPY your PWI Client
    Unless you visit the official Perfect World Servers (I suggest you don't, Epic Perfect World is sooooooo much better), I suggest you create a copy of your "Perfect World International" folder which can usually be found on C:\Perfect World Entertainment\ then rename the folder to "Epic Perfect World". Again, you can be really creative so long as you know it is where you can find your soon to be complete Epic Perfect World Client
  • Wait further instructions from Agatio
    Now you're at the same stage as everyone else... which is wait for Agatio to post more instructions on how to get the EPIC Genesis/Descent Update.

Download the EPIC Genesis/Descent Patch
As you may already know, download the patch from HERE

Make Epic Perfect World come to LIFE
Now that you have all the files you need you just need to merge everything.

• Open your Epic Perfect World Folder
    This is easy if you need help with this ... I don't know what to say....
    When you open this folder, should see the following folders:
    - config
    - element
    - launcher
    - patcher
    ... and a bunch of other files
  • Open EPW_genesis_patch.zip
    You can find this wherever you saved it
  • Copy the patch files to the Epic Perfect World Folder
    Now this is the important part...
    - Select all the files from the patch folder (pressing Ctrl+A usually works)
    - Copy the files (Press Ctrl+C)
    - Switch to the Epic Perfect World Folder (the one you opened earlier)
    - Paste the files (Press Ctrl+V)

When they ask you if you want to replace files or merge folder, just say yes!

Launch the game

Double Click the patcher and auto update the game.

Offline Zapp

• Retired Staff Member
Nice guide. Thanks for the guide Acey. ^^
girl i hope you're aware that even though you made this really cool looking guide thingy majigy me and dynasti are still gonna make you hold our hands and walk us through it >: D

Offline bradskater

So i have to work tonight, and I won't be here when he explains this, so somebody PM Brad or Fear in game tonight and help me out? thanks :)
Brad 150 Sage Blademaster
Fear 146 Sage Barbarian
Cure 145 Sage Cleric
Sinister 150 Demon Assassian
Thorn 147 Demon Seeker
Death 136 Demon Wizard
G,I,R,L, 117 Demon Venomancer

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
ok.. stupid noob-ish question.. will the "old" Epic server be deleted?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
ok.. stupid noob-ish question.. will the "old" Epic server be deleted?
It's new server files with old char database if this is what you mean.

Offline crys13

• Fox in Many Disguises
girl i hope you're aware that even though you made this really cool looking guide thingy majigy me and dynasti are still gonna make you hold our hands and walk us through it >: D

hold my hand too acey, i am computer nub D:, Q.Q

Offline Dysmo

I'll upload a full client if I can, but usually my upload speed is shotty at best. :S
Most Online Today: 69. Most Online Ever: 69 (Today at 12:09:51 am)

Offline Zaibeast'

• Old Player
  • *lalalala* Sins are OP *lalalala*
Gurrrrllll, we all know my computer intelligence stops at turning one on and playing games. *Holds out hand*
Zaibeast - 150 Demon Barbarian
Dynasti - 150 Demon Archer
Peekabooo - 150 Demon Assassin
Peekabam - 150 Sage Psychic

Offline aceyxx

So i have to work tonight, and I won't be here when he explains this, so somebody PM Brad or Fear in game tonight and help me out? thanks :)

Hopefully when you get back you should find an updated version of this guide and you can follow the steps no problem. And if troubles persist, consult your friendly neighbourhood techie... or just reply to the thread :D

yeah I noticed... about 10 minutes after I posted this I get messages on you from skype asking for what to do =_=  (yes I pretended to be asleep)
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2012, 07:03 pm by aceyxx
yeah I noticed... about 10 minutes after I posted this I get messages on you from skype asking for what to do =_=  (yes I pretended to be asleep)

guuuuuuuuuuuurl WADAFAK!!! D: after i helped you win the freaking Ms. March contest :(
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2012, 07:18 pm by studmuffinvick

Offline aceyxx

guuuuuuuuuuuurl WADAFAK!!! D: after i helped you win the freaking Ms. March contest :(

and you know I appreciate it. And I know you're not going to stop bugging me about it, so basically, you're my idiot.... anything you fail to do on the guide, I can use to make the guide better :D

and you know I appreciate it. And I know you're not going to stop bugging me about it, so basically, you're my idiot.... anything you fail to do on the guide, I can use to make the guide better :D

guess who just walked me through it >: D

Offline aceyxx

Guess who ain't gonna get walk through'd if he keeps going

Guess who ain't gonna get walk through'd if he keeps going

Dynasti???