Epic Perfect World

[DB] Suggestion for DB

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
  • Characters: Desecrate, others
  • Faction: does it matter
So we are one week into the patch, and duskblade is... Horribly underpowered. The class designed specifically to take out ranged classes, and any idiot with half a brain can kill them. Pretty sure that wasn't the intention, but it happened. Balance on here is different, and always has been. People avoid shorter skill animations because they pay attention: Look at seeker's primal sacrificial slash - it's a 0.8 second animation, yet people avoid it with AD/pills/belief. And yet...

Primal Quadrature was removed.

Why? I understand the power of it is huge, but this is what allows duskblade to be effective against tankier targets. I'm pretty sure it wasn't necessary. The animation takes 3.3 seconds to cast, and as it is, everyone uses AD the second the first shadow clone appears. This is new content, and it already feels like it's lifespan is incredibly limited because nobody would give it a chance. People are smart enough to evade this skill - I feel that it should be allowed. Another good example (thank you Famine/Maxy) is assassin's Elimination. It's a 6 hit skill that hits incredibly hard - harder than quadrature.

So I suggest that Primal Quadrature be re-integrated into the duskblade's arsenal.

If this isn't an option, look at something else. But please don't let the new content go stale so early.
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 08:39 am by Desecrate

Offline ZamiNightshade

• Thundersnow Freak
  • And what are you living for?
  • Characters: Zarmiel; Zalasia; Artemiko
  • Faction: Passion
+1 Duskblade is just laughable right now :/
Sense and Sensibility!

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
If elimination is in game i think primal quadrature should be too i dont see much difference between those 2 skills

Offline aaaaaa

• Moderated
Cuz duskblade can basicly 1 shot with primal quadrature without any other debuff -1

Offline zFlashx

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: zFlashx, Immortalize, Imperious
  • Faction: Xpendable
If elimination is in game i think primal quadrature should be too i dont see much difference between those 2 skills
literally same skill, u can use evilward to block the damage increase anyways
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2016, 08:49 am by zFlashx

Offline SoulMage

+1 feel like underpowered vs some dudes

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
Cuz duskblade can basicly 1 shot with primal quadrature without any other debuff -1
What class? Anyone with even the slightest savvy on pvp would know to AD or do anything to resist the damage the second the first clone appeared. If your genie is burned, you're likely to die anyways. Pills down? Same story. It's completely unnecessary. Also, if you're going to add commentary on the thread, I would ask that you state which class you are referring to. 'cause there's not a half chance in hell that DB will oneshot anything more than a self buffed EA or arcane. 

Insanity

i rather 15% rpd on r8 4 piece bonus

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
The other thing to note is that quadrature has a 3 minute cooldown. It's far from spammable. It really isn't that OP. You could very easily add a defensive buff to r8 and it wouldn't ruin balance anymore.

edit: Since I know it's coming... This class was meant to be able to deal with and kill archers. Right now it mostly is like a fly being a pest than it is a threat. For the fifteenth million time... Archers do not need anymore buffs. Leave them as is. 

Offline Euikon

• Forum Veteran
You could very easily add a defensive buff to r8 and it wouldn't ruin balance anymore.
:normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: ?

OT:Yep every class should have all their skills including BM's primal drake : )

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
To be honest I'm making discussion. I don't feel like I need anymore defense but an offensive boost as simple as allowing them a skill that's laughably avoidable is really simple. 

Also if you can't see the danger in allowing BM, an already top tier class a 7.5 second paralyze then I don't really know what to say.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
guys u know what is hilarious venos have most broken skill in game 0 def which literally 1 shots every single class no matter what guild and procs 9/10 times, while wrs, psys,dbs cant have their skills lmao

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
I've played a server in the past where 0 pdef was removed. WF was still deadly. Don't see why this is an unreasonable request.

OmegaRa

:normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: ?

OT:Yep every class should have all their skills including BM's primal drake : )
I have always been an advocate of all classes having their skills back as they rightfully should and I will continue to be. Quadrature should be back, and so should Dragon Rising, and Psychic Sage/Demon buffs.
So I will +1 The return of all skills.

Also if you can't see the danger in allowing BM, an already top tier class a 7.5 second paralyze then I don't really know what to say.

There is no danger to it, in my opinion. If you were not planning to do anything about the stun anyway then there is no need to worry about this one either, because it is essentially is the same duration as our current stun. I am willing to discuss my points for  it if you want. I've got plenty of those.

Offline Snow

• I'm being stalked
  • Characters: Snowmelt
  • Faction: Siege
Db horribly underpowered.....
Db horribly underpowered....
Db horribly underpowered.....

These nonsense buff threads lately, I swear, pls tell me this is some kind of a running joke i missed. :normal-20: