Epic Perfect World

goodies for staying logged in

Offline Callisto

as i played some other games before i noticed that some  give away 'points' for staying logged in.

like for example: if u stay logged in on EpicPW for like 2h u gain 2 EC,

not sure if thats possible on PW but i thought its an interesting idea to keep ppl in game :D

or  give away event gold, open the event boutique and make em obtain blessings with the event gold they gained? :o

just a thought ^.^

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
i like the event boutique idea. open it up with some random items like recraft stones or what not. nothing to extreme. but if you make it so you gain event gold by staying logged in, make them extra prices, so like 4 recraft stones would be 6 gold. but also make it untradeable (if thats an option) so as to not ruin the retardenomics of the game. but yeah, would be a good option.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Yeah, I've played a few games like that where it would give something for staying logged in. Would be nice to see something like that here, but then again you gotta think about what all Aga and the Gm's are gonna be adding in the next patch, so you wouldn't wanna be asking for a bit to much. But yea anyways, would like to see somethin like that here sometime<3

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
lol would be nice but imagine the abusers....leaving like a bunch of alts online o.O
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
lol would be nice but imagine the abusers....leaving like a bunch of alts online o.O

You say that like people don't leave a bunch of alts on anyways. xD

If they are gonna do something like this though, it needs to be something that isn't potentially an economy-***er.  Non-trade stuff can do this.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't see the benefit of this. People would get extra free stuff for leaving one or more characters logged in while not playing.

Down sides:

Extra strain on the server recourses, possibly increasing lag.
Extra FPS/ area lag in places where people like to afk.
People abusing it by making a lot of alts possibly using VPN or other proxy solutions.
Making it harder for those who do work to get stuff because the overal value of EC or w/e this gives would go down.

Plus sides:
Cheaters getting a LOT of free stuff.
Regular players getting a little bit of free stuff.
??

Sorry I don't see why this should be added. On a side note, this is already implemented somewhat. It doesn't let you afk (cept for teacher thing) but there are incentives for logging on and doing things. BH, divine emisary quests, morai quests, PWI schoolteacher blessings.

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
You say that like people don't leave a bunch of alts on anyways. xD

If they are gonna do something like this though, it needs to be something that isn't potentially an economy-***er.  Non-trade stuff can do this.

just because it is non tradable doesnt change the fact that it won't be an economy ***er lol. if we stay online for free EC per say, people wont be buying from others as much. and like Eriphenio said...MORE LAG D: if people already leave a bunch of alts on already...even more people will do it because of free stuff = even more lag xD

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
I don't see the benefit of this. People would get extra free stuff for leaving one or more characters logged in while not playing.

Down sides:

Extra strain on the server recourses, possibly increasing lag.
Extra FPS/ area lag in places where people like to afk.
People abusing it by making a lot of alts possibly using VPN or other proxy solutions.
Making it harder for those who do work to get stuff because the overal value of EC or w/e this gives would go down.

Plus sides:
Cheaters getting a LOT of free stuff.
Regular players getting a little bit of free stuff.
??

Sorry I don't see why this should be added. On a side note, this is already implemented somewhat. It doesn't let you afk (cept for teacher thing) but there are incentives for logging on and doing things. BH, divine emisary quests, morai quests, PWI schoolteacher blessings.

thats why you do it with event gold, and put minor stuff in the event page, like maybe skill books, or possibly some fashion that the NPC doesn't sell. the idea isn't to give people the option to get he scroll of tome in one day of staying online. its just to give them the option to possibly get FC mats without buying them, or get a special color chocobo ride, an all class pet, or rune buffs.
that way people won't stay online 24/7 for something thats potentially useless, but more of a reward for playing the game. it would also help people who don't have the option to play everyday.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Simply making them untradable doesn't fix the impact on the economy though. It'll make it harder to cheat true but itll still mean that a large part of the demand for the tradable versions is gone killing their prices & the ability of people to farm these things.

I also don't see the need for giving away free stuff, this server is already fairly easy to get anything you need. The things that do take time are designed to take some time because this isn't a purely PVP server. Why would they give away stuff for free just for staying afk all night?

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
thats why you do it with event gold, and put minor stuff in the event page, like maybe skill books, or possibly some fashion that the NPC doesn't sell. the idea isn't to give people the option to get he scroll of tome in one day of staying online. its just to give them the option to possibly get FC mats without buying them, or get a special color chocobo ride, an all class pet, or rune buffs.
that way people won't stay online 24/7 for something thats potentially useless, but more of a reward for playing the game. it would also help people who don't have the option to play everyday.

oh minor stuff like that I approve lol, i almost forgot about the event gold section in the boutique...as long as it ain't ec or some expensive crap  i'm all for this suggestion  ;D

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
oh minor stuff like that I approve lol, i almost forgot about the event gold section in the boutique...as long as it ain't ec or some expensive crap  i'm all for this suggestion  ;D

ALL CLASS GOAT PET!  :monkey-7:

Offline djdirty_713

sounds good on paper put implementing would be bad. just wish we had a flying broom mount, and or flaming tires for chronobikes for halloween though.

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
I also don't see the need for giving away free stuff, this server is already fairly easy to get anything you need.
^ This. Can get everything you want, with just a little bit of work. Watch world chat for people selling something you need, or use one of those super cheap telecoustics.

sounds good on paper put implementing would be bad. just wish we had a flying broom mount, and or flaming tires for chronobikes for halloween though.
That might take a bit of work with customizing. Could see the flying broom mount for human/untamed/earthguard though.

Offline djdirty_713

nah the mount should be for everyone. think of it, earthgaurds have kites in pwi, ok. here they have that and much more what do u think it would look like to see someone standing on a flying broom? i mean if my seeker can have a giant goose why not fallen rock? you see what i mean? if you make a standing mount for one everyone that stands on their should be able to use it. or just make all mounts all class. sure it would take sometime to tweak them just right, but having more choice for what you want to use in the game would be worth it to me. besides having a human fem toon dressed as a witch and cant cast on anyone doesnt make sense to me. (150 cleric, main toon)

free stuff is always cool if you dont want it NPC it or trade it for ec or w/e u want.

Offline milco342

mabey make it for chars that are like level 145+?
150 R8 barb tanker_
150 R8 sin Cant_see_me
150 R8 Mystic Flaba
150 R8 Seeker Seekz
150 R8 Barb Bangzas