• https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I just got new pc and first few days of PW been going at around 20-30 fps
I ended up changing my theme from windows 7 basic (yes i use win7) to Aero
I got these..
- windows basic
- windows 7 aero
How ....?
Why if I use windows 7 basic theme I get less FPS than  Aero
Does Aero make window mode PW act as if is full screen? Shouldnt Aero theme utilise more resources and actually make the game run on lower FPS?
If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate...
(and yes i am totally clueless when is about computers..)

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I just got new pc and first few days of PW been going at around 20-30 fps I ended up changing my theme from windows 7 basic (yes i use win7) to Aero I got these.. - windows basic - windows 7 aero How ....? Why if I use windows 7 basic theme I get less FPS than Aero Does Aero make window mode PW act as if is full screen? Shouldnt Aero theme utilise more resources and actually make the game run on lower FPS? If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate... (and yes i am totally clueless when is about computers..)

All Aero is, is enhancements to the UI giving you more features than the default interface. (Basic).

It could be something to do with optimization through your actual PC that allows it to run smoother with the windows Aero features turned on, with features such as desktop window manager that provides hardware acceleration, as opposed to being forced to run in a basic mode. That would be my best guess.
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2016, 09:00 pm by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
Support asking for support. '-'
Last Edit: Oct 24, 2016, 10:06 pm by Bre

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
My guess is that is has to do with cpu parking
Since win 7 they added that feature for less power consumption so that when you dont use alot of cpu some cores get parked
Probably aero needs more cpu so it "wakes" the parked cores giving you more fps on pw
more info and a tool to permanent unpark cores here
http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Thanks to everyone!
Support asking for support. '-'

when idk i ask u.u

Offline ⚜ ℛ𝓪𝓿𝒆𝓷 ⚜

• Characters: SweetRoll
Windows is trash... but in all honesty I have to agree mostly with whats already been said. Most likely has to do with how the OS optimizes and prioritizes what it runs and on what settings which is widely different PC to PC due to configurations in hardware and software.

I just got new pc and first few days of PW been going at around 20-30 fps
I ended up changing my theme from windows 7 basic (yes i use win7) to Aero
I got these..
- windows basic
- windows 7 aero
How ....?
Why if I use windows 7 basic theme I get less FPS than  Aero
Does Aero make window mode PW act as if is full screen? Shouldnt Aero theme utilise more resources and actually make the game run on lower FPS?
If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate...
(and yes i am totally clueless when is about computers..)
Yes Aero should use more resources, does not always happen though. I have seen basic use 3 times Aero at times, I have also seen the total inverse where basic uses almost no resources and everything runs better as a result.

Overall welcome to the cluster that is windows as a whole. 

When you have to defend your PC from viruses and you actually know what you are doing