Epic Perfect World

Genesis patch will be on Thursday (22.03)

Offline crys13

• Fox in Many Disguises
To play all what is needed is PWI client updated to the latest (Descent) version.

I have an issue downloading the Descent patch from PWI, is it possible to do it without the lastest up-to-date files?

Offline Zapp

• Retired Staff Member
What issue do you have?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
To play all what is needed is PWI client updated to the latest (Descent) version.

I have an issue downloading the Descent patch from PWI, is it possible to do it without the lastest up-to-date files?
Not really, you will be missing the g18 weapons and armours models, some NPCs, mobs and more...

Offline crys13

• Fox in Many Disguises
What issue do you have?

out of date sound card in my laptop and it won't let me finish the updates on the PWI cilent

Offline Zapp

• Retired Staff Member
Keep trying. I will see what I can do to help.

Offline crys13

• Fox in Many Disguises
Keep trying. I will see what I can do to help.

Found a way to make the promter for DirectX to appear through the manual patch instead of the auto updater.
If i have more issues i will let you know. *old laptops fml* x.x

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
My PWI version is v606, but I hear you say "latest update" so wondering if i need to update it, since i read on *that other server* that I shouldn't update the PWI client after I download cause it will cause problems. So my question is: Do i need to update my current client or it will work with v606 and will it work if I update it? Also, saying we need descent update, does that mean we'll be getting the unfinished official update or you will wait for once its finished? Thanks for the answers =)

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
My PWI version is v606, but I hear you say "latest update" so wondering if i need to update it, since i read on *that other server* that I shouldn't update the PWI client after I download cause it will cause problems. So my question is: Do i need to update my current client or it will work with v606 and will it work if I update it? Also, saying we need descent update, does that mean we'll be getting the unfinished official update or you will wait for once its finished? Thanks for the answers =)
You need to update PWI to the latest version if you want to see all weapons, armors, mounts, flights, etc.. So it's basically client side stuff. Also latest map and instances might be added in future, but skills are unavailable for now...
And no, it will not cause problems.. 

Offline PandaBear

How can skills be unavailable that came in the tide born patch I think T.T

Offline Zapp

• Retired Staff Member
How can skills be unavailable that came in the tide born patch I think T.T

He is refering to the new skills that were just released in the Descent patch.

Offline PandaBear

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding then ^^

Panda~

Offline original Psycho

• a player from late 2011, OG as one can be
  • Characters: Psycho

ewww vendetta sucks :) so just update it :P

Offline Epica

• Old Player

that v606 u see on the PWI launcher is the updates counts ;)
the client version you can check on the login screen (on descent should be under the login book, right att he bottom), it should say "1.4.5 Build 2305"

Offline Psychosis

• Random
  • Characters: Legit, aoki, Altair
Sounds cool, still waiting for it too happen.
Legit-WB Asesinato-WR Aero- MG Altair- Sin
String- EA Psychosis- Psy Peermato- EP
Vortex- Seeker Pot- EP Bowydude- EA
 aoki- DB McDiehler- SB Flexing- WF