Epic Perfect World

Genesis patch will be on Thursday (22.03)

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Server will be down for update on ~22 pm for around 1-2 hours.
To play all what is needed is PWI client updated to the latest (Descent) version. It can be downloaded here: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download. It will need to apply a small patch that will be uploaded before the server maintenance.

Offline PandaBear

omg 1 day more than you said D: but we are all looking forward to it ^^ <3

Offline aceyxx

Is the latest Descent patches needed or just the initial descent expansion?

When I copied my PWI folder, it already had the Descent expansion on it, then copied and replaced whatever I downloaded from epicPW is that enough or do I need to patch up again? @_@

Offline KratoS

• Retired Staff Member
For now all you need is the PWI files nothing more, Once we release the update there will be files that you need to replace in that PWI folder. You dont need to copy the current epic PW files to the PWI file right now.
KratoS ~ GM ~ I AM RETIRED PLEASE STOP MESSAGING ME FOR HELP. I NO LONGER WORK FOR THIS SERVER.

WckdFists ~ 150 Demon BM
Erebos ~150 Demon Sin
Silas ~ 150 Sage Seeker

Offline TheDestiny

• To the Stars...
So, when i wanna play  the new version when it comes out, i take all PWI files and copy them to the EPW folder or vice-versa?

Offline KratoS

• Retired Staff Member
Right now you dont do anything but copy PWIs files. Once the new patch is complete and Agatio allows them for download he will then give further instructions. Right now you dont do anything with the current EPW files. All you need to do is have the latest version of PWI to a separate folder for when the new patch comes.
KratoS ~ GM ~ I AM RETIRED PLEASE STOP MESSAGING ME FOR HELP. I NO LONGER WORK FOR THIS SERVER.

WckdFists ~ 150 Demon BM
Erebos ~150 Demon Sin
Silas ~ 150 Sage Seeker

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Is the latest Descent patches needed or just the initial descent expansion?

When I copied my PWI folder, it already had the Descent expansion on it, then copied and replaced whatever I downloaded from epicPW is that enough or do I need to patch up again? @_@
So, when i wanna play  the new version when it comes out, i take all PWI files and copy them to the EPW folder or vice-versa?
Assuming that you already have PWI client with latest patches it's very simple - you just copy whole PWI folder to any location and rename it to Epic Perfect World or so... Once EPW patch will come out you can delete old EPW client, because it will no longer be supported.
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 05:59 am by Agatio

CherryBomb

Well.... I download the PWI client, install it, and wait for further instructions from you, Agatio?
I apologize
  :( I just want to make sure I do it correctly. :P
IT knowledge is not my greatest talent.  :-[

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well.... I download the PWI client, install it, and wait for further instructions from you, Agatio?
Correct :)

CherryBomb

Will do that. Thank you for your prompt answer.  :-*

The only thing I`m really worried about is that after the new patch EPW will be as laggy for me as PWI (That`s one of the reason I quit playing PWI, cause i have an idiot laptop).  :'(
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 09:17 am by CherryBomb

Offline jade001

• Just Do It!!
how about me? should i keep the epw files that i have even dough it is v4? or ill just delete it?
and download pwi first?
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2012, 11:00 am by jade001
MrCros-147-Assasin

Offline Lilly

• Retired Staff Member
Do not copy the current EPW files.. If you have PWI already on your computer copy that.. and that is all. Agatio will make a file(s) for everyone to download and replace stuff with when it's time.. You will remove the Old EPW client as you won't be able to log on with it.

Offline BitchPlease

• Ingame chars: SourPower and SneakPeak
PWI is copied. Hope this wont get to complecated for me to deal with friday :s

Offline original Psycho

• a player from late 2011, OG as one can be
  • Characters: Psycho
PWI is copied. Hope this wont get to complecated for me to deal with friday :s
There is nothing too complicated in copying some files mate :) DW

Winnn

Offline alfred

• Troublemaker!
  • Characters: Jotun/Jotunborn
  • Faction: Arcturus
omg 1 day more than you said D: but we are all looking forward to it ^^ <3

Patience, PandaBear :). An update of that size cannot be released over night ,the GM or developer or whoever is in charge has a lot to work.