Epic Perfect World

Why I am crying about less PE despite having pk ready gear

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
Like I said in the other thread. I don't like PE but decreasing them after a lot of people abused them to get insane gear is unfair and shouldn't have happened. You shouldn't have the rewards as high in the first place. You ruined the dama economy and now you made it harder for newer players while old ones got insane gear with PEs. Next time think before you implement something so you don't have to nerf it after the damage is done already...
yep                 .

Offline ReijiAzuma

• Characters: ReijiAzuma
  • Faction: Eternal
Actually the thing that happend after the patch is pretty dissapointing GV and Trials rewards were nerfed which is really unfair for others.

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
Like I said in the other thread. I don't like PE but decreasing them after a lot of people abused them to get insane gear is unfair and shouldn't have happened. You shouldn't have the rewards as high in the first place. You ruined the dama economy and now you made it harder for newer players while old ones got insane gear with PEs. Next time think before you implement something so you don't have to nerf it after the damage is done already...
Yep, this pretty much. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

Nah, new expansion, plenty of new players coming, major patch with many changes. 

This is the perfect time to restructure the system.

Offline Jira

• Characters: TANKERxX
  • Faction: Eternal
Agatio put PE back bruh I don't have x9 int yet  :(
Hi

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
The nerfing of PE is necessary for the longevity of EPW.

If you can't see that you're blinded by greed, and I feel sorry for you. The preservation of EPW as a community is what I've wanted to accomplish, and anyone who loves this game as myself should also see it through a different perspective.

What matters more? How quickly people gear, or keeping one of the last real havens for PW that isn't official going for as long as possible?

It's not a hard concept to comprehend 
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 02:50 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
It's because someone decided to bitch about it.  I ain't gotta say no names.

Seriously though, the main thing here is time investment.  GV takes 40 minutes, longer in some cases especially if it fails (and fail rate does go up with afkers at 8th wave...), but it's minimum 40-minute run nonetheless.  All for that small reward.  And 40 minutes is sometimes all someone has, so if it fails at the end, 40 minutes were wasted.  And let's not talk about trials because you need like 5 hours to finish a whole 1-9.

Things become not worth doing if the reward for doing it doesn't match the time it takes.  Unless you are someone who doesn't have a job, a horse, children, a mortgage, a family, school to attend etc  (thank you Bre for the giggle), ain't nobody got time for all that, impeccable time management skills or not.

I would like to know why this change happened, and why it was cloaked behind the ambiguous "Perfect Element reward system modified for better balance" in the patch notes.  What better balance? 

What matters more? How quickly people gear, or keeping one of the last real havens for PW that isn't official going for as long as possible?

It's not a hard concept to comprehend
People. Come. For. The. PK.  It should not take months or even longer to get stats that you are happy with, especially as a new player.  If people wanted to take that long to gear up, then they would go back to the official servers, point blank.  PE's helped the new players gear up in a timely fashion, but even so, the whole damn thing is luck based.  As the OP mentioned, unless you donate, you farm EVERYTHING.  For those with less time and can't or won't donate, they're at a gross disadvantage, and they get frustrated, and ultimately give up.

So yes, it does matter how quickly people gear, because if they can't get geared well enough to go against someone who is geared to the teeth in a reasonable amount of time, they leave the server.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
It's because someone decided to bitch about it. I ain't gotta say no names. Seriously though, the main thing here is time investment. GV takes 40 minutes, longer in some cases especially if it fails (and fail rate does go up with afkers at 8th wave...), but it's minimum 40-minute run nonetheless. All for that small reward. And 40 minutes is sometimes all someone has, so if it fails at the end, 40 minutes were wasted. And let's not talk about trials because you need like 5 hours to finish a whole 1-9. Things become not worth doing if the reward for doing it doesn't match the time it takes. Unless you are someone who doesn't have a job, a horse, children, a mortgage, a family, school to attend etc (thank you Bre for the giggle), ain't nobody got time for all that, impeccable time management skills or not. I would like to know why this change happened, and why it was cloaked behind the ambiguous "Perfect Element reward system modified for better balance" in the patch notes. What better balance? People. Come. For. The. PK. It should not take months or even longer to get stats that you are happy with, especially as a new player. If people wanted to take that long to gear up, then they would go back to the official servers, point blank. PE's helped the new players gear up in a timely fashion, but even so, the whole damn thing is luck based. As the OP mentioned, unless you donate, you farm EVERYTHING. For those with less time and can't or won't donate, they're at a gross disadvantage, and they get frustrated, and ultimately give up. So yes, it does matter how quickly people gear, because if they can't get geared well enough to go against someone who is geared to the teeth in a reasonable amount of time, they leave the server.

Time investment is a very real argument, and one that I have repeatedly brought up on a consistent basis in my other thread. I asked for Trials to be significantly reduced in terms of time-investment and in return, reduce the amount of PE's gained from it.

However, let me just get something off my chest:

You all are spoiled, rotten, brats.

Yes, I said that, yes, I refered to all of you who are so ridiculously butthurt over a minor decrease in PE gain and are acting like complete children.

Do you not know where we came from? Damascenes, and donations. That was the old system, a perfectly working system, a perfectly working system that literally nobody complained about. A perfectly working system that balanced donations and the in-game market flawlessly and promoted the economic rivalry that lead to the thriving in-game market we saw only months ago.

Perfect Element is a NEW system that you all just got used to, and not you're acting like it's the end of the world because you're making SLIGHTLY less? Utterly ridiculous. The only reason that anyone in their right mind would complain about making slightly less PE is because they now have to do SLIGHTLY more work in order to obtain the ridiculously disgusting stats such as -9 channeling on each piece of their gear.

How dare you all demonize myself and others that dislike EPW turning into an instant-geared wasteland like it's predecessors. Nobody was quitting the game over gears being too hard, that's complete bullshit, and with how easy things are to obtain now (Even Tokens mostly) there is no problem with reducing the amount of PE gained and promoting the damascene market from being risen up from the ashes.

"We come for the PK", that's true, but that's not true for the entire community. other server was "made for the PK". Utter failure, they give free EVERYTHING and the server still manages to die, EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T CRASHING! Same for Phoenix, Storm, Vendetta.

If you don't have anything to work towards because you're all bathing in the best of the best gears, there is no initiative to donate, there's no initiative to do PvE, there's no initiative to even log other than when there's once a day mass PK, which is an all too familiar reality for large-guild players because they already have enough gear to tank 10 players at once.  

It's too late to go back and change the horrible decision which was adding PE in the first place, and it's too late to fix the gigantic gear gap between Tyrant/Apollumi players and the rest of the community, but out of the ashes of this failure we can redeem ourselves as a server and change this server for the better. We can go back to our roots, while still keeping the new system, keep the donations flowing, and continue down the path of server stability.

This patch will without a doubt bring new players here, and although PE is useful to get people easily started up, It's apparent that it only takes 1 trials (6 hours) and they'll be able to be full R8 with not completely trash gear on day 1. There's no need to hand out -9 gear for AFKing for 6 hours straight, that's just despicable.

What I would say though is that Trials time of completion should have been SIGNIFICANTLY lowered before touching the amount of rewards given, however, I still don't really care because everyone is tabbed out during Trials anyways and it's not like people deserve 120+ rerolls for doing absolutely nothing. Sorry not sorry. If I was the developer here instead of just nerfing Trials I would have boosted them so significantly that people were actually required to participate or they would fail, so that then we would have an almost PWI tier Trial experience where you work hard for the hard earned reward, not for sitting on your ass and playing a different game. 

Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 03:29 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
Unless you are someone who doesn't have a job, a horse, children, a mortgage, a family, school to attend etc  (thank you Bre for the giggle), ain't nobody got time for all that, impeccable time management skills or not.

Deejay

Doesn't matter what amount of time you spend dude, you can basically afk GV & Trial so I get free P.E for watching youtube (i just stay at my pc and tab out and in every once in a while unless im leading the pt) there's nothing to bitch about in any circumstance

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
I think it's not ok when someone started to bitch about amount of PE after he gets stats he wanted himself. It's unfair and talking about "good of server" now is pity in this case, sorry.  
It makes more differences between new and old players, it shouldn't be done after that amounts of PE was introduced once. We have new standards of gears now and they wouldn't be touchable to new players. How it'll help server to grow? Look how PWI ends with so much effort it needs to gear. 

And for me all that nerfing  PE amount is funny now - if you wanted to do this you should nerf  that Arena events before (where ppl can get 200 event tokens on one hour). You compare it to reward of 45-minutes long GV, once a day per toon? Man. And nerf amount of time we need to spend in trials. Then small reward from activities ppl made to gain good amount of PE is ok only.

And all that amount of nerfing treads and how they're honored here is pity too. Like server needs to fit to mediocre player's abilities to make them able to play too? Ppl stop to think how to counter other classess with their own skills, they just make nerf tread... Really?
Like some time ago defense of eps was nerfed not becouse that defense was too high, but becouse some where bitching they can't kill ep effortless. Man it's road to nowhere. 

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium

Time investment is a very real argument, and one that I have repeatedly brought up on a consistent basis in my other thread. I asked for Trials to be significantly reduced in terms of time-investment and in return, reduce the amount of PE's gained from it.

However, let me just get something off my chest:

You all are spoiled, rotten, brats.

Yes, I said that, yes, I refered to all of you who are so ridiculously butthurt over a minor decrease in PE gain and are acting like complete children.

Do you not know where we came from? Damascenes, and donations. That was the old system, a perfectly working system, a perfectly working system that literally nobody complained about. A perfectly working system that balanced donations and the in-game market flawlessly and promoted the economic rivalry that lead to the thriving in-game market we saw only months ago.

Perfect Element is a NEW system that you all just got used to, and not you're acting like it's the end of the world because you're making SLIGHTLY less? Utterly ridiculous. The only reason that anyone in their right mind would complain about making slightly less PE is because they now have to do SLIGHTLY more work in order to obtain the ridiculously disgusting stats such as -9 channeling on each piece of their gear.

How dare you all demonize myself and others that dislike EPW turning into an instant-geared wasteland like it's predecessors. Nobody was quitting the game over gears being too hard, that's complete bullshit, and with how easy things are to obtain now (Even Tokens mostly) there is no problem with reducing the amount of PE gained and promoting the damascene market from being risen up from the ashes.

"We come for the PK", that's true, but that's not true for the entire community. other server was "made for the PK". Utter failure, they give free EVERYTHING and the server still manages to die, EVEN WHEN IT WASN'T CRASHING! Same for Phoenix, Storm, Vendetta.

If you don't have anything to work towards because you're all bathing in the best of the best gears, there is no initiative to donate, there's no initiative to do PvE, there's no initiative to even log other than when there's once a day mass PK, which is an all too familiar reality for large-guild players because they already have enough gear to tank 10 players at once.  

It's too late to go back and change the horrible decision which was adding PE in the first place, and it's too late to fix the gigantic gear gap between Tyrant/Apollumi players and the rest of the community, but out of the ashes of this failure we can redeem ourselves as a server and change this server for the better. We can go back to our roots, while still keeping the new system, keep the donations flowing, and continue down the path of server stability.

This patch will without a doubt bring new players here, and although PE is useful to get people easily started up, It's apparent that it only takes 1 trials (6 hours) and they'll be able to be full R8 with not completely trash gear on day 1. There's no need to hand out -9 gear for AFKing for 6 hours straight, that's just despicable.

What I would say though is that Trials time of completion should have been SIGNIFICANTLY lowered before touching the amount of rewards given, however, I still don't really care because everyone is tabbed out during Trials anyways and it's not like people deserve 120+ rerolls for doing absolutely nothing. Sorry not sorry. If I was the developer here instead of just nerfing Trials I would have boosted them so significantly that people were actually required to participate or they would fail, so that then we would have an almost PWI tier Trial experience where you work hard for the hard earned reward, not for sitting on your ass and playing a different game.
The only thing I read is in bold , the reason why people demoralise you and everything you comment is because everything you say is hypocritical this statement shows it ... is the reason you're making these topics and not complaining is because you have those ridiculous gears now? a lot has changed in 4months lol

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Doesn't matter what amount of time you spend dude, you can basically afk GV & Trial so I get free P.E for watching youtube (i just stay at my pc and tab out and in every once in a while unless im leading the pt) there's nothing to bitch about in any circumstance
Thank you for using your brain, I really appreciate it.

As for those above me, I can't really be bothered to quote you, but I will say this:

You're wrong. My gears aren't finished, I didn't farm relentlessly for the new classes, and every single toon that isn't my barbarian/sin is ridiculously undergeared. I've focused on my barbarian for a year straight, and I managed to get every single piece of my gear (endgame) from damascene via Event Tokens.

Critics talking out of their ass per usual. Yawn. Lol'd at "nerf arena event though", considering it has nothing to do with PE's at all and is the only thing that actually boosts the influx of damascene into the market. Getting 200+ ET's in the arena is completely insignificant considering it's x3 dama's per reroll and you get 5 dama's per ET, which still makes PE more valuable. 
Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016, 04:39 am by ๖ۣۜĐomgrath
rofl @ all these kids that got endgame and are now trying to get PE reduced

as best geared player on all classes, +1 to restoring PE to whatever the fck it was before

heh

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv