Epic Perfect World

Problem With Eclipse Client

Offline Remmy

• Characters: Embry | Amora | Remmy
  • Faction: Apollumi
I downloaded the new client and when i tried to start it to make sure it was okay I got this.

And when I click the button my entire client crashes. Is this a corruption of files or is it just because we don't have that server up yet?

Offline Flower

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ivoreh was here first! Chocolate♥✿| Peterpekpek |Anshed! #BoobssignedbyDream
  • Faction: EPW_Team
It isn't okay. Normally you will only get a message saying "client version too low" if the issue is that the server isn't live yet.
Did you go through these steps?
3. Game client won't open or crashes upon launch
- Add the game directory to your antivirus exception list
- Start the game from patcher and click Verify button, then once process finishes, check again.
- Install DirectX 9.0c by running dxwebsetup.exe file located in EPW/element/ directory and check again
- Reinstall your graphic card drivers and check again
- Update your Windows (if your system is outdated it might be missing some libraries required to run the game)
- Install Microsoft Net Framework 4
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
- In the end restart your PC and check again
- If it still fails, redownload / reinstall the client

Offline Remmy

I went through a couple of those fixes and it didn't seem to work. I'm redownloading now.  :(

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Did you download the client from torrent? Technically torrent files should not get corrupted like that.

Offline Remmy

Did you download the client from torrent? Technically torrent files should not get corrupted like that.
No, I've always done direct. I don't have anything to extract the torrent.

Offline Remmy

So after I tried redownloading through direct download again a day or so ago it somehow ended up disconnecting me from my internet. I then tried to restart my computer to fix that and it ended up screwing up my laptop to the point that I had to do a system refresh. 

Last night I tried downloading direct again and once again it stopped about midway through and somehow disconnected me from my internet (even tho it still looked as if I was connected)

This is tiring and I know I need to switch to a different download, but I really don't like downloading via torrent because of the possibility of viruses coming through. So is it okay to download the current PWI client through Arc games and just update that?

cevans1290

So after I tried redownloading through direct download again a day or so ago it somehow ended up disconnecting me from my internet. I then tried to restart my computer to fix that and it ended up screwing up my laptop to the point that I had to do a system refresh.

Last night I tried downloading direct again and once again it stopped about midway through and somehow disconnected me from my internet (even tho it still looked as if I was connected)

This is tiring and I know I need to switch to a different download, but I really don't like downloading via torrent because of the possibility of viruses coming through. So is it okay to download the current PWI client through Arc games and just update that?
Use his PWI --> EPW guide. Ofc that would work
Btw, your net would not be disconnected from a download. That's you, not the download. :police:

Offline Hattori

No, I've always done direct. I don't have anything to extract the torrent.
DL from torrent is like 40 mins... to extract u need ZIP. nothing new... just say where and run launcher
http://www.7-zip.org/ if u dont have.
And btw, its easier to get virus hit from direct DL than with torrent, with direct DL you DL i whole file and you dont know whats inside it, With torrent u can usually see the files that are being DLed or u can see them before Deamon or unRAR them....
Last Edit: Oct 18, 2016, 09:52 am by Hattori

Offline Ozin

• Beginner
GM, would u like to make the client patch to many parts? maybe there are some ppl can't download that client with longer times ... please :) :) :)

Offline Remmy

DL from torrent is like 40 mins... to extract u need ZIP. nothing new... just say where and run launcher
http://www.7-zip.org/ if u dont have.
And btw, its easier to get virus hit from direct DL than with torrent, with direct DL you DL i whole file and you dont know whats inside it, With torrent u can usually see the files that are being DLed or u can see them before Deamon or unRAR them....
I guess I'll try the torrent tonight after work. It won't be 40 mins for me tho. I live in the country so it'll be a few hours no matter if I do torrent or direct download. Direct download was like 13 hours last time I tried to download. If torrent doesn't work I'll have to resort to downloading PWI and patching it. 

Offline Remmy

So I'm having a new problem.

I downloaded through the torrent and then put the files into my programs file and then whenever I try and open the element client or patcher it does this and doesn't update or anything. Just stays right here.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Add the patcher.exe, launcher.exe and elementclient.exe (or whole game folder) to your antivirus exception list (and to firewall exception list if you use something other than Windows firewall)

Offline Remmy

Add the patcher.exe, launcher.exe and elementclient.exe (or whole game folder) to your antivirus exception list (and to firewall exception list if you use something other than Windows firewall)
That actually worked. Thanks Aga. I had McAfee still on my laptop from the system refresh and I deleted it (I use Avast anyways) -'d that seemed to fix the problem.