Epic Perfect World

Too many Perfect Elements?

Offline shaterd

• Old Player
  • Characters: Idaron/Millennium
You complain when your gears were bad at the heavy farming ppl had to do to gear up and the few ppl who put the effort out to do so now you complain about how easy it is too gear now that your gears are better … 

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Edit: Nvm, mind was changed.

Last Edit: Oct 13, 2016, 10:52 am by Σѕĸιмo

Offline Kitten

People really care about a pixel economy. Who would bother farming in game when they could work hard in real life and use the money for the better good?

Offline BriEsT

• Don
You complain when your gears were bad at the heavy farming ppl had to do to gear up and the few ppl who put the effort out to do so now you complain about how easy it is too gear now that your gears are better …
 Nothing new , wait for new classes to come out that will be main topic everyday lul
People really care about a pixel economy. Who would bother farming in game when they could work hard in real life and use the money for the better good?
 Ok ? Never understood ppl who bring up real life as argument on anything game related but yeah x D

Offline aaaaaa

• Moderated
its been a while since he made a thread i give you that

OmegaRa

I hope you realize there are individuals who are waiting on any slight change to come from PEs, as they have stacked banks upon banks of Damas with these ridiculously low current prices, essentially waiting like a predator, and once their moment comes we will see the heaviest inflation in the EPW Economy ever. Removing PE or the current ways PE works would definitely damage a lot of things, more than we could even think of them.
So as above stated by some peers perhaps the best idea is to find new purpose on Damas, while keeping the current option available.
I personally still use mine, since I'm not as lucky as some.

Offline FMP

• Slayers
  • sea ping
  • Faction: Tyrants
First ask for shit stats to get removed so every can gear up with maximum 1k damas http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=32896.msg475849#msg475849
now you are asking for this ?  :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: :normal-43: 
People are finally not quitting the server because it's not that hard to gear up, noone cares about your stupid gears or damas price this is a pvp server and I'm still with the idea of having the gears for free so more people could join.

OmegaRa

"I have no problems with it, so obviously everything is fine."
Just because you're not having issues selling and buying items, doesn't mean other people aren't. I've seen many, many people in world chat, guild chats, etc... trying to sell their damas and having very little luck for days on end before this expansion was announced. In regards to the pinoys, of course people are going to be buying and selling things like crazy at the moment; everyone is preparing for the new race (as you said yourself). After that though, the economy will dwindle again just like it was before everyone knew there was a patch coming. Damas very rarely sold then, even at 12-13ec each.
That's because not many people have the funds available to obtain Damas or else they would be on the market. Our player base has grown accustomed to having a low amount of daily rerolls and gone about their day. With the introduction of EC Sinks, players have less and less ways of having EC, essentially reducing their overall income and thus their consumerism. 
The exception would be players that have run the market in a smart way for a long time and continue to do so. The people who do buy damas, typically do buy from alt accounts so their identity is not disclosed (or from main account at times). This leads to what I said above
there are individuals who are waiting on any slight change to come from PEs, as they have stacked banks upon banks of Damas with these ridiculously low current prices, essentially waiting like a predator, and once their moment comes we will see the heaviest inflation in the EPW Economy ever. 
I'm not marketing or economics student but the current flow of the market has been trickled down to a select few:
-Those who have the EC (Big marketers that have run the market, who see a supply but given the ease of it, they have no demand) or "1%"
-Those who have the damas (Every day players who constantly farm, who have the supply, but see no demand) or "99%"

This means that given the fact every day players see no demand for damas they accommodate the prices to what they feel would "easily sell", ultimately walking into the clutches of the 1%. Luckily we've established a price that is predominantly accepted (from 12-15 EC) so perhaps what I'm saying could be changed if a re-purpose of damas is Instituted.

Offline Masuta

• The Adversary
  • Habits ♡
  • Characters: Masuta
  • Faction: Adversary • Tyrants
Basicly how all his threads are like.
here for the memes, there's nothing else left anyways

Offline hot_panini

• Outcasts☆
  • Jim~ #1 Seeker
  • Characters: Hot_Panini
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
After reading about Perfect Elements, more players starts to log in to farm...never seen so many players recruiting for GV, BH, HDD, ect. It felt like the old days where players farm for their gears, had more PK, and the economy wasn't even down...because there's more purpose other than PK or waiting for PK. 

kitty stew

"I have no problems with it, so obviously everything is fine." Just because you're not having issues selling and buying items, doesn't mean other people aren't. I've seen many, many people in world chat, guild chats, etc... trying to sell their damas and having very little luck for days on end before this expansion was announced. In regards to the pinoys, of course people are going to be buying and selling things like crazy at the moment; everyone is preparing for the new race (as you said yourself). After that though, the economy will dwindle again just like it was before everyone knew there was a patch coming. Damas very rarely sold then, even at 12-13ec each.
I've noticed that the people having issues selling shit are selling too high, and those people having issues buying are buying too low

same economics as always

so what's your indicator that epw's economy is shit? you'll have to pardon me if I don't simply take your word for it, thus far your only explanation of "PE have completely destroyed the main way many people farmed EC or rerolls (by making damas useless)" is flat out wrong and garbage -- people are constantly buying and selling damas in world chat still, nothing has changed other than the price -- as someone who made 200-250k ec a week before PE's and massive ec sinks like cape engrave there's this thing you do in a market that's called adjusting. people who fail to adjust will have the most problems, but that's no indicator of the market being crap, just the player. you're agreeing with domgrath, who's most notorious for being one of the biggest players who has trouble adjusting to anything.

Last Edit: Oct 12, 2016, 12:26 pm by kitty stew

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
 Ok ? Never understood ppl who bring up real life as argument on anything game related but yeah x D

Donation.  Why farm in game when you can get it quicker by working irl.  More power to you if you got money like that to blow on a private server.  But I'll take my hard-earned cash and put it towards the stuff that matters to working adults...like bills and outside entertainment (take that anyway you want, but I meant going out to eat dinner or to a movie or sommat).

As for PE, I'm glad that this system was introduced.  I came back to the server a few months ago and before my hiatus I had no way of really getting my gear up to snuff because of work (retail+gaming is a horrible mix).  The only viable way before this was spamming Ares for the event tokens to change over to warrior seals.  And once again, being a Saturday worker, it made it hard to make it to Ares unless I had one Saturday off.

With the PE's the way it is now, it benefits a lot more people.  It benefits those who can't make it to one event that yields a lot of damascenes.  It benefits new players.  It benefits returning players.  It benefits PKers and PvEers alike.  As it is, everyone benefits.  And even though you can make 300 PE's a week (I don't make anywhere near that by the way because time constrants), how many of yall could say that you've gotten something godly in 300 PE's? There are a few of yall lucky mofos, but they're few and far between.

If you change the system now, the only people who would benefit from it are those who've had the time to amass PE's.  New players would be at a disadvantage again because now it'll take them longer to get decent stats on their gear.  It's a PvE server, but let's face it; players come for the healthy PK.  If they can't compete in an acceptable time frame, then they will go somewhere else.  If PKers don't have new challengers, they will go somewhere else.  So the only way this could've been remedied is if it wasn't introduced at all. *shrug*

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

kitty stew

So the only way this could've been remedied is if it wasn't introduced at all. *shrug*
and as they say, hindsight is 20/20

agreed with your post though, PE system is far from perfect but it's fine as it is

and I'm fairly certain that Agatio knew the results of modifying rebirth PE quest to allow all toons on account to have it once or twice or w/e rather than 1 per account per day of 10 extra, meaning account stashing PE's already has his blessing

Offline BriEsT

• Don
I've noticed that the people having issues selling shit are selling too high, and those people having issues buying are buying too low

same economics as always

so what's your indicator that epw's economy is shit? you'll have to pardon me if I don't simply take your word for it, thus far your only explanation of "PE have completely destroyed the main way many people farmed EC or rerolls (by making damas useless)" is flat out wrong and garbage -- people are constantly buying and selling damas in world chat still, nothing has changed other than the price -- as someone who made 200-250k ec a week before PE's and massive ec sinks like cape engrave there's this thing you do in a market that's called adjusting. people who fail to adjust will have the most problems, but that's no indicator of the market being crap, just the player. you're agreeing with domgrath, who's most notorious for being one of the biggest players who has trouble adjusting to anything.
Ye thats true its always the ppl that are the problem , when you give them what they want they will not stop asking for more . Everyone wanted new ways to farm gear and they got a pretty good one and now its a problem just lol

Donation.  Why farm in game when you can get it quicker by working irl.  More power to you if you got money like that to blow on a private server.  But I'll take my hard-earned cash and put it towards the stuff that matters to working adults...like bills and outside entertainment (take that anyway you want

Dont think you and I read the same comment but ok for the sake of replying to you , who actually gives a shit what you use your time and effort on its still stupid to bring that as argument . Everyone makes decision on what to do with their time and money you cant order anyone to do what you do if he/she doesnt want to . Im not going to take it away from you bcz its your decision but bringing real life in any sort of argument or even trashtalk is low and outside of what the game is suppose to be , FUN .

Offline Ash.

• Faction: Akatsuki克
Ebola thread , Gm pls delete
sig by my sister ♥