Epic Perfect World

Venomencers suggestion.

Robbert

As someone that used to play veno on PWI, I feel content to bring up a discussion about a build that was left behind on this server, and which was a viable killer on PWI. The phy build veno is rarely used on EPW, might be because of the small amount of venos after all, but also because they're not able to equip claws. I wanna ask the GM's to consider adding veno's on the list of classes able to equip claws, because as an experienced veno, I'm sure a lot of players will enjoy and agree that it's just as good at killing as mag build venos are. Looking forward for a reply, and also opinions of those agreeing and disagreeing with what I just said.

Offline c3Po

• Characters: Uncomplete
As someone that used to play veno on PWI, I feel content to bring up a discussion about a build that was left behind on this server, and which was a viable killer on PWI. The phy build veno is rarely used on EPW, might be because of the small amount of venos after all, but also because they're not able to equip claws. I wanna ask the GM's to consider adding veno's on the list of classes able to equip claws, because as an experienced veno, I'm sure a lot of players will enjoy and agree that it's just as good at killing as mag build venos are. Looking forward for a reply, and also opinions of those agreeing and disagreeing with what I just said.

That would be awesome  :P HA melee veno FTW!!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Or possibly make the stats on the pataka more HA-friendly. Sure it's damage has been boosted but it's still a very weak melee weapon. It cant compare to any other melee class dmg output.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Or possibly make the stats on the pataka more HA-friendly. Sure it's damage has been boosted but it's still a very weak melee weapon. It cant compare to any other melee class dmg output.
It's been done already for r8 (and months ago for dragon pataka)

Robbert

I was hoping for venos to be allowed the use of claws, I can't really be bothered by Pataka's damage, it's the aps I'm looking forward to. Claws have some good advantages.

kitty stew

Patakas are already strong melee weapons for HA veno's, the thing they were lacking was A/R which I see was bumped from 1.0 to 1.25. I don't see the problem. Make a good build that can effectively use it.

Offline Phipple

• The Awesome
  • Characters: Phipple, Carcie
While I can appreciate your want for higher APS for a Venomancers' weapon, even if you could use claws and make yourself 3.33 like a BM does with mixed LA/HA, you would have to completely forego any magic stat in order to ring yourself to even being close to a BMs damage with claws. Not to forget about including a BMs passive Fist mastery. Like I said, I can appreciate your wanting to add more variety to a Venos' repertoire, yes, you could stay melee, but your magic damage would be lacking and your physical damage wouldn't be up to par enough to deal sufficient damage. 

Offline ZionStar

• I bite.
While you're at it, allow venos to get bloodpaint. /sarcasm

No. Venos don't need claws. You want more melee attack, then we need the veno pets to work right. A veno is a mage class.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
While you're at it, allow venos to get bloodpaint. /sarcasm

No. Venos don't need claws. You want more melee attack, then we need the veno pets to work right. A veno is a mage class.

While you are partially right you are also very wrong. Half the venomancers skill set is entirely melee based. Fox form gives defense and accuracy boosts. Venomancers also have a physical melee mastry and an array of skills based entirely around melee (accuracy, physical attack.) Venomancers are a very hybrid class, currently though physical defenses are far stronger than anything a veno can do with it's melee abilities making it rather pointless. Kind of a pitty if you ask me, more varied builds wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

I agree with you though that veno's shouldn't be APS based, I'd much rather see them going around DPH. They already have various debuffing abilties ranging from chi drains to damage amps and just about anything in between. If their melee patakas were boosted to a point where their damage is actually significant enough to be able to kill stuff this would be a viable build. Needless to say any melee veno sacrifices magic attack (they can still cast but other than stuns/debuffs their skills aren't particularly threatning). However this is no different from arcane venos reducing the physical abilities to that level.

Before i make any actual suggestion I want to look into the defensive stats of various other classes first, Ill reply back here later with a more detailled suggestion once I finish this. Just don't write off venomancers as an arcane class, they are very much hybrid.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
The best Veno I saw on PWI was LA Veno.
She was able to solo Pole at lvl 89.

(I also saw LA/AA Cleric soloing Pole at lvl 96,
but that's another story.)

Some people will start using their brains.
Some others will attack me instead. Nvm.

And ruining Pataka for AA build to make it
"more but not enough suitable" for HA was
not very smart. I'm talking about Str vs Mag
requirements on it.

IJS

Btw, what about adjusting pets?
Veno is Veno, pets should be able
to do at least simple tasks.
Many mobs and bosses are empowered
pretty much, pets are left behind.
Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 03:39 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Escorian

• Old Player
Claws I believe should stay as they are class restricted if they were not we would see every single class going claw build for aps. If you want the aps purely for farming there are better classes suited for farming. Aps in pvp is pretty much useless anymore since there are so many ways to get around it.

Ty Chiibi for the great Avatar and Siggy <3

Vote for your favorite smiley.

http://epicpw.com/general-discussion/what-is-your-favorite-smiley/

kitty stew

For the people that are saying veno's are only magic casters, I hope you haven't rolled one because you likely stink at it.

Venomancers have a "melee" mastery and physical attack + accuracy bonuses for a reason. They also have physical attack bonuses to their spark for a reason. Not to cater to religious people over a pixel game who think veno should only be playing a pure caster. That's to address the people who were criticising the pataka and a pataka aps veno build. Using fists in human form is another thing entirely when veno don't have a human phys mastery, nor buffs to supplement lack of human fist mastery like, say, an archer w/blazing arrow. Even so, for pve throwing fists on is still a fun option if a veno is already built for (or uses) HA or LA. I think moving Pataka from 1.0 to 1.25 A/R was good enough of a compromise, although I think to better that, maybe two options for recasting R8 pataka, the current one, and another that can get -int. As it stands the A/R difference between pataka and fist is small, and iirc 1.25 for pataka (which already had amplified phys dmg) improvement puts it just behind fist at 1.43 meaning a difference of 0.1 interval. Already pretty close.
Last Edit: Jan 08, 2013, 10:10 am by kitty stew

Robbert

While I can appreciate your want for higher APS for a Venomancers' weapon, even if you could use claws and make yourself 3.33 like a BM does with mixed LA/HA, you would have to completely forego any magic stat in order to ring yourself to even being close to a BMs damage with claws. Not to forget about including a BMs passive Fist mastery. Like I said, I can appreciate your wanting to add more variety to a Venos' repertoire, yes, you could stay melee, but your magic damage would be lacking and your physical damage wouldn't be up to par enough to deal sufficient damage.
I wouldn't agree on that, the damage with claws would be just as good as the other's claws using classes, considering defense reduction skills that venos have in human form, as the phy reduction one, wood defense reduction amp and so on. A wood pill combined with those debuffs and some genie skills would be just about enough to kill an unaware BM(mentioned BM because you did too, as having more advantages than venos on claws build), ikr because as I said before, I played PWI claws build. Meh, also the purge, totally forgot that 1, would mess up the defense even more. I'll stick to my opinion that claw venos should exist in here.

Robbert

For the people that are saying veno's are only magic casters, I hope you haven't rolled one because you likely stink at it.

Venomancers have a "melee" mastery and physical attack + accuracy bonuses for a reason. They also have physical attack bonuses to their spark for a reason. Not to cater to religious people over a pixel game who think veno should only be playing a pure caster. That's to address the people who were criticising the pataka and a pataka aps veno build. Using fists in human form is another thing entirely when veno don't have a human phys mastery, nor buffs to supplement lack of human fist mastery like, say, an archer w/blazing arrow. Even so, for pve throwing fists on is still a fun option if a veno is already built for (or uses) HA or LA. I think moving Pataka from 1.0 to 1.25 A/R was good enough of a compromise, although I think to better that, maybe two options for recasting R8 pataka, the current one, and another that can get -int. As it stands the A/R difference between pataka and fist is small, and iirc 1.25 for pataka (which already had amplified phys dmg) improvement puts it just behind fist at 1.43 meaning a difference of 0.1 interval. Already pretty close.
^ Skipped your message by mistake, I couldn't agree more.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
as a longtime player of PWI/freeserves, and also one who has played all three builds on veno...I think the suggestion for us to be able to use claws here is a good one. Its really all about personal choices with venos...and what you love or want to do with yours in game.  I have had pure AA, which of corse is very lovely. LA..which is a BLAST on PWI as I was able to put on some sexxy claws and my Kitty was a fun lil killin machine.  HA also.. beautiful lil tanks....as annoying to try to kill as a solid Cata build barb LOL ..so again depends on choices and what makes people happy in their game experience.  Anytime we are able to expand our thinking outside the box....Im in agreement.  this is Free server at its finest...the ability to move above and beyond the limits placed on us in PWI pay to play. Im all about pushing limits of the classes and allowing each to find our "happy place" LOL. 8)
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~