Epic Perfect World

a new r ule for the server.

Offline Zaboteur

i think a rule should be put into place on this server that includes blatent sarcasm to other people directly. if someone gunna sit there and pm u a bunch of bullcrap about how ur noob and call u stupid ass names for there enjoyment, they need to be banned, thats called emotional distress, and its far worse than any languag you can say in a plain sentence, becuase there directing it toward one person, the one there talking to, "YOU!" i say if they want to go off and call names and be a bitch in chat becuase there not there in front of u at your house and have the known feeling that nothing is gunna happen regardless what they say,, it needs to be dealt with in the manner THEY like to say it.. BLUNTLY and they need a ban for a few days until they learn some common decency becuase its getting totally rediculous just asking for help. this is the first server im brigning this up on becuase it happens EVERYWHERE an NOONE does ANYTHING bout it. they only do stuff about WC and not even much for that, they let it roll on and on and on, i see it everyday. if people can sit there and play with your emotions and get u angry i  think that person really needs to leave for a while, its not my fualt THEY want to be a fkn prick and say stuff that DOES NOT NEED TO BE SAID AT ALL. to get an awnser threw.  just rediculous purely. and i know im NOT the only one feeling this way becuase i know for fact SOMEONE is going to say to trhis post that its even rediculous i even said this, but you know what.. just becuase one person can throw it off and mute someone doesnt mean we HAVE TO BE MADE TO MUTE EVERY GOD DAMN ALT of theres before there dun bitching and complaining about how much garbage you are when ur asking a question...  NOT COOL.  there needs to be a rule here seriously.. if there isnt.. then im MAKING IT goto the rule of account abuse and im going to call out a screenshot next time and consider the next person/people that does do it to be harrasing me and under that they should be banned under that pretence period.  "harrasment."

enjoy.
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 05:36 pm by Zaboteur

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
you must be new to the internet. also, it's called blacklist. they're doing it for attention, and by posting this you're feeding the trolls. just ignore them and play the game.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
The problem with rules like this, aside from a lot of people who will probably disagree with it, is that they are hard, if not impossible, to enforce. Where do you draw the line between regular trashtalk and going too far?

The server has rules in place about certain types of insulting already (Racism for example.), these things are very clear. Theres a clear border between what can and can't be said and thus these rules can be enforced. A rule as unclear as "blatant sarcasm" is pretty much impossible to do because nobody will ever agree on when it's broken or not.

My advice would be to use the blacklist if someone is taking it too far. People are always going to trashtalk, it's pretty much a part of pvp in any game or anything that involves competition for that matter. Learning to not care about what others say is a very usefull skill. If they start making new characters to get past your blacklisting you can probably screenshot it and get a GM to help you out because at that point it's pretty much harassment.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
I will agree some of the players here are immature and think by speaking to others in derogatory terms makes them "cool".  In all actuality it only makes them childish and look dumb.  I can't really see GM's checking your pm's and muting ppl for this.   If you don't reply to childish BS, it gives the troll nothing to comeback at you with...
Best solution is to just blacklist them. 

PS: It really is unfortunate that good players have to deal with rude obnoxious players, but after all this is the internet and it brings out all personalities good or bad.. :sad:

Offline Zaboteur

its not trash talk.. its blatent sarcasm.. meaning sarcasm thats not tolerated. the line to be drawn? the line is what YOU can tollerate. thats the line. everyone different, if it bothers someone, that is enough period. thats where it should be dealt with. not a line where its comfotable for all. there is no such line. and it can be dealt with, as i said i will SS the next time it happens and i assure you with what these people say. they will get a ban. not to mention u spoke of blacklists.. as did i, and i also said i should NOT be FORCED to black out ALL THE ALTS of theres when they aint dun doin it. thats where the line is already if such a line existed. that there has enough common sense to get someone banned.. its pure account abuse in itself doing it. witch is a rule.. dont abuse your account. just becuase they mean voting.. doesnt mean it takes every other way to abuse the account out of the question at hand. if i dont like it. its harrasment period. do not harrass other players.. pretty sure this is a common courtesy. if you aint got something good to say to someone.. stfu. and yea exactly.. it does make them look worse, but do you think THEY care? absolutly not there doing it for fun, but its NOT very fun to the other person to be BL'ing 13 charas every 20 seconds becuase thats how long it takes them to relog..  not what i came here for...

not to mention not one ofem comes to these forums to bare witness to any of this talk here, so im nnot feeding anyone.. there the people who talk alot of crap and do nuthing in the forums at all. and thats why im here dealing with it, becuase i know there not..
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 05:55 pm by Zaboteur

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
 "if i dont like it. its harrasment period."

" if you aint got something good to say to someone.. stfu."

I don't like the second line I quoted from your post, by your logic, as stated in the first quote, you should now be banned. See the problem with the rule? If someone is going trough many different characters just to harass you, tell a GM. Since our GM's are people and not bots I'm sure they'll have some care to spare when someone is harassing like that.

Offline Zaboteur

i fail to see where u make the resemblance? talking about harrasment.. not about what u like in my post or not..  but if u wanna be quoty :)   u quoted what "i" said, not what u said, sooo that means if "i" dont like it.. not u. lol   JS :)

Offline Zaboteur

i did talk to a gm.. he did nothing :) exactly what i thought he'd do. same as all other servers. tolod me to BL him.  and i toldem i did sevral times.. still did nothing.. so t hat wont work... toldem straight out i was having to ban off my chat all alts.. did nothing at all about it. so i logged to doit permenantly myself. dont think the server needs to lose people like this either. becuase i know people who would REALLY leave a game just becuase they cant be in one without a decent feeling instead of being verbally abused daily for nuthing, i can take trash talk  hell i can give it.. but people KNOW the difference trust me. so even saying to me if im new to internet is kinda useless becuase you already know what im talkin about.. its a feeling, not a newcomer thing for realz.. i mean ur talking to an IT and game developer, when am i NOT on the internet...im no proffesional, but ive been around the block to know whats right and whats wrong emotionally in conversations. the tude changes quite easily to see a difference. its not like a robot reading it, there is capslock that helps certain words give there real meanings.  if you know what i mean from that then were on the same page.
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 06:12 pm by Zaboteur

Tali

"if i dont like it. its harrasment period."

" if you aint got something good to say to someone.. stfu."

I don't like the second line I quoted from your post, by your logic, as stated in the first quote, you should now be banned. See the problem with the rule? If someone is going trough many different characters just to harass you, tell a GM. Since our GM's are people and not bots I'm sure they'll have some care to spare when someone is harassing like that.

This.

You stated in your first sentence that you think sarcasm should be considered harassment. Sarcasm, in most points, is a tone of voice/inflection of writing that indicated someone is feeling the OPPOSITE of the statement made.

So really, someone saying something to you in a certain tone, is harassment?

I think you are just really too sensitive.

If someone IS harassing you, THEY ARE DOING IT FOR A REACTION. You blacklist, you stop replying, they will stop. Retaliating is only letting the other person know that they're getting what they want. Common sense of bullying. & yes, I have seen you on worldchat, you cannot claim that someone is doing it "for no reason" when you are simply adding fuel to the fire by responding.

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso

Bill Nye FOR THE INTERNETS!!

Offline AOH

• Old Player
  • Characters: Aids
  • Faction: Ŧα†αlι†y

Offline Zaboteur

If someone IS harassing you, THEY ARE DOING IT FOR A REACTION. You blacklist, you stop replying, they will stop. Retaliating is only letting the other person know that they're getting what they want. Common sense of bullying. & yes, I have seen you on worldchat, you cannot claim that someone is doing it "for no reason" when you are simply adding fuel to the fire by responding.

yea tryed this idea, hence why i said a few times in more then 1 post ive been bL'ing every alt...

what next? and no dont tell me to wait to log on.. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO!! this is my point. this is what your all defending right now whoever posts against this thread... your allowing this to go on by saying its my fualt for not BLing and ive been telling everyone I AM, and STILL AM.. and TOLD GM,,, and  NOTHING.. ok after all your ideas didnt work so far.. what next.. and btw.. since first BL chara, i said NOTHING TO HIM. so now what....  pretty sure hes harrasing me no?  ban all the way. truthfully.. and gm wont even do anything. so im going to wait until agio gets on, at least he'll do somthing, becuase i know what ive said here is all common sense so far to anyone ive ever met in the real world... i dont know what everyones miussing to say harrasment otherwise.. its all right there :X  all of ur ideas have been tryed and failed.

now what is the question..becuase all i can see happening is either me quitting becuase of the lameness not bein taken care of <wich wont be bad anyway ill just go play ff11 where i dont deal with all this ever>, yea id rather pay to play then not pay and deal with bs all day from kids that wont be repremanded for there actions. and have everyone else say its not the kids fualt when it obviously is.. i dont get peoples common sense these days, really i dont. everything HAS to be on screenshot for anyone to even care.. its rediculous... GM are there to do exactly what the name says.. "GAME MODERATE" well moderate some chats like there suppost to and alot of people wouldnt be here for sure... all of the KIDS IN ADULT BODIES is who wont be here.. and all the sarcastic pricks therein. yea i callem pricks but i say noone in particular, im sterio typeing the whole group becuase thats what they are.. sarcastic pricks.

simple is simple ... trash talk is funny.. the sarcasm im talking about is not trashtalk by any means. all im going to say to this anymore. im going to go play final fantasy. i cant even log in here ask a question and get a helpful awsner, and i dont think anyone is going to understand this the way it should be, ill just take my game to my other game where i dont deal with it.

Tali

yea tryed this idea, hence why i said a few times in more then 1 post ive been bL'ing every alt...

what next? and no dont tell me to wait to log on.. I SHOULDNT HAVE TO!! this is my point. this is what your all defending right now whoever posts against this thread... your allowing this to go on by saying its my fualt for not BLing and ive been telling everyone I AM, and STILL AM.. and TOLD GM,,, and  NOTHING.. ok after all your ideas didnt work so far.. what next.. and btw.. since first BL chara, i said NOTHING TO HIM. so now what....  pretty sure hes harrasing me no?  ban all the way. truthfully.. and gm wont even do anything. so im going to wait until agio gets on, at least he'll do somthing, becuase i know what ive said here is all common sense so far to anyone ive ever met in the real world... i dont know what everyones miussing to say harrasment otherwise.. its all right there :X  all of ur ideas have been tryed and failed.

now what is the question..becuase all i can see happening is either me quitting becuase of the lameness not bein taken care of <wich wont be bad anyway ill just go play ff11 where i dont deal with all this ever>, yea id rather pay to play then not pay and deal with bs all day from kids that wont be repremanded for there actions. and have everyone else say its not the kids fualt when it obviously is.. i dont get peoples common sense these days, really i dont. everything HAS to be on screenshot for anyone to even care.. its rediculous... GM are there to do exactly what the name says.. "GAME MODERATE" well moderate some chats like there suppost to and alot of people wouldnt be here for sure... all of the KIDS IN ADULT BODIES is who wont be here.. and all the sarcastic pricks therein. yea i callem pricks but i say noone in particular, im sterio typeing the whole group becuase thats what they are.. sarcastic pricks.

simple is simple ... trash talk is funny.. the sarcasm im talking about is not trashtalk by any means. all im going to say to this anymore. im going to go play final fantasy. i cant even log in here ask a question and get a helpful awsner, and i dont think anyone is going to understand this the way it should be, ill just take my game to my other game where i dont deal with it.

You should take a break from EPW. Investing yourself this much emotionally is NOT healthy. If a game upsets you, you stop playing it. You take a break, you give yourself a breather. You shouldn't blame others for your own emotions and problems. EVERYONE has their own problems they're dealing with. If you're this upset, yes, go play another game, because what you're doing here isn't healthy and very detrimental to your mental and emotional health.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
You should probably read trough the above posts again. Several people have made valid points as to why this rule won't work. Altough I won't miss certain trolls if they get banned someone not liking something isn't a reason for a ban.
Especially when you've ignore half the points made and declare everyone who disagrees with you as defending trolls.

If you want the GM's to deal with something you should first of all bring evidence. Screenshot the people harassing you, the things they say etc, preferably in a way that shows it's the same person on different accounts. Put all the evidence together, make a coherent post about what they did and why you feel they should do something about it.  Don't just make an incoherent random capslocked rant. Once your post is done mail it to Agatio or ask a GM who is currently online where to send it to and they'll be far more receptive to your complaints. Nobody is going to take you serious if your comment can be summarized as "I don't like his sarcasm, ban him."

Offline Zaboteur

evidence is plainly the right way to bring it, but when there is a GM <game moderator> online at the time, there shouldnt be any needed, as hes right there and can see everything. thats why there called GM's, i used to be one in final fantasy, as is why i still own the game after 13 years.. but that has nothing to do with here, but as a general point i want to make about evidence, i said i would screen it next time it happens and post it as to what im talking about is completely different then your all thinking about it said from me, its a "you have to see it yourself i guess" to figure it out the way im putting it here, i mean even for the GM himself it was plain in WC how he misses that is beyond me and evidence for this situation there was none needed he was online, still did nothing. i cant stress that enough. i get sarcasm daily, 60% of it i pass on as w/e.. the other 40% is just bannable. i guess this is where YOU all are confused as to what im saying. i GET what your all saying trust me, but i dont think ur getting what IM saying in the manner i have been GETTING this sarcasm in game.  its a quite different level. but as i said im leaving the rest alone becuase it SEEMS to me noone is understanding the differences in attitudes when the talk is being "talked", in THE WAY its being talked.. i guess you kinda have to have some emotion there to understand those little differences. its not like it can be just pushed off like all your troubles have been. its just different all i can say, and its not cool not having a rule about it.

if it were my game and server, i would ban every person with a sarcastic remark OTHER THAN pk trash talk... 2  things would happen, id have an empty server.. or the people that did stay would be 1k+ people with 0 attitudes... they would learn fast. i would give NO 2nd and 3rd chances.. u wanna say somthing to someone and make them feel like crap.. say bye! thats what i would do, it is most certainly learnable to everyone. if u want to play and have fun, do so.. dont have your fun makin fun of others period. everything is teachable.. just how far you wanna go with it makes it how teachable u make it. thats how it is on the pay to play servers, the GMs are paid, they dont wait for conformation from an admin to do sumthing. they just doit becuase they see the right and wrong in the conversations, not just the words.
Last Edit: Jan 07, 2013, 07:03 pm by Zaboteur