Epic Perfect World

Night Owl

Offline 𝓓𝓙

I have a question regarding the Night Owl pet. I've been told it's the hardest hitting pet in the game due to its base p.atk being higher than all other pets. With that being said I tested it and I've noticed that it has a damage reduction due to it being a flying pet. It only hits harder than my land pet when my target is flying and the damage is halved on a grounded target so I am 100% certain on the damage reduction. So is it really the hardest hitting pet in the game or am I missing something?

Offline Damage

• gosu
  • Faction: Apollumi
It does hit a neat damage but merely on the aerial foes as you've empirically noticed. Player hits less on ground foes if airborne too, logical. it also has Bone Sickle, which is very convenient for 1 hitting most of WF pets, too. What comes to the damage I would consider using it only for RPK/Aerial pk since it also has a habit of bugging when hitting foes on ground. You can get a lot more useful ground pet with a lot more useful special skill than bone sickle, it kinda makes owl a bit more vulnerable. Anyways p.atk wise, when you go to pet stats with 100 Loyalty and decent stats it still has the most p.atk of all pets

Offline 𝓓𝓙

Thank you ^^ I've also noticed due to the significant p.atk gap that the owl seems to have the hardest hitting bleed, would that be useful with me being sage?

Offline Damage

• gosu
Thank you ^^ I've also noticed due to the significant p.atk gap that the owl seems to have the hardest hitting bleed, would that be useful with me being sage?
Yes it is all about the p.atk, basically any pet skill that uses base p.atk of the pet will hit more on owl and with Flesh Ream it is pretty significant in certain cases, granted again that the dmg will be 50% from what it does on an aerial foe 

Offline 𝓓𝓙

Well when i was testing bleed between my pets, my owls bleed still does more damage than land pets, so i don't think the damage reduction applies to skills like bleed (Target was grounded with all tests)

kitty stew

have you tested out say the battle deer?

as mentioned problems with pets like owl and damnation are frequency of bugging 

Offline 𝓓𝓙

What are these bugs you speak of? I'm new to veno so I haven't noticed these bugs

kitty stew

What are these bugs you speak of? I'm new to veno so I haven't noticed these bugs
bug where pets just follow someone but dont hit them

annoying as *** and happens to me a lot esp on uneven terrain or nation wars maps esp bridge battles 

Offline Damage

• gosu
If the damage reduction applies to normal attack of the pet so the reduction is already in the base physical attack of the pet so a skill shouldn't be excluded of the reduction, might be explained with just the higher base p.atk in any case, owl has somewhat like 5-6k more p.atk so it will always have a bit more significant bleed, also did your pets have similar stats etc., what comes to pet bugging owl sometimes cannot ''reach'' the ground foe to attack and deaggros from the target

Offline 𝓓𝓙

The attack stats of my Evolved Feral Wolf are 96/100 Physical Attack and 87/100 Attack Lvl
The attack stats of my Night Owl are 97/100 Physical Attack and 87/100 Attack Lvl

kitty stew

The attack stats of my Evolved Feral Wolf are 96/100 Physical Attack and 87/100 Attack Lvl The attack stats of my Night Owl are 97/100 Physical Attack and 87/100 Attack Lvl
nice

how many stars it take you to get that..

I burned fucking like 300-500k stars on these pos pets

worst luck in the world tbh

Offline Damage

• gosu
Bleed will hit the same because the effects of the skill work the same way ground or not and since it is a DoT the reduction is excluded so skills such as Flesh Ream will hit the same despite the air or ground status of the foe, the reduction is only significant in such cases if your pet is on auto-attack or aps, which in this case only auto-attack is the only option if you exclude boo-boo's (pounce) possibility to increase atk rate.

Offline 𝓓𝓙

nice

how many stars it take you to get that..

I burned fucking like 300-500k stars on these pos pets

worst luck in the world tbh

I've used roughly 10k stars on all my pets and they all have stats corresponding to their purpose.

roughly 3k between wolf and owl.
Bleed will hit the same because the effects of the skill work the same way ground or not and since it is a DoT the reduction is excluded so skills such as Flesh Ream will hit the same despite the air or ground status of the foe, the reduction is only significant in such cases if your pet is on auto-attack or aps, which in this case only auto-attack is the only option if you exclude boo-boo's (pounce) possibility to increase atk rate.

Thank you, explains everything xD

Ty for the answers guys, I've got all the answers I needed.

Gm can lock thread now or w.e you guys do

Offline Kasing

• Faction: 0FKGiven
What do you guys consider being the best pet stats? Cause all my att damage pet are getting 1 shot or 2 shotted... That is the reason why ai mostly play with a tank pet who has like 1 stun aHa

kitty stew

What do you guys consider being the best pet stats? Cause all my att damage pet are getting 1 shot or 2 shotted... That is the reason why ai mostly play with a tank pet who has like 1 stun aHa
pets just die a lot get used to it