Epic Perfect World

How much longer do YOU think EPW will be around?

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
Was discussing this with my friends in Discord the other day about how much longer we think it'll be before EPW shuts down.

I'd say about a year. Reason one being with the insane EC and price inflation. A clean DS costed you about 2k a few years back and a Puzzle Cube costed you about 3.5k-4K. Now, the prices are insane and have tripled or even more.

I remember when it was acceptable to run around pking with the upmost noobst stats on your R8. But now with PE around where you can get up to 50+ a day per character,  the abuse of trials, and with how Damas are so easily obtainable, everyone has nearly perfect gear. Those who had "godly" gear at the time 2-3 years ago are basically nothing now because now, even the most random players and alts (lol the Pinoy with the 3x interval chest plate) have ridiculous stats.

There's literally nothing to work towards anymore. Everyone is end-game, the economy for Damas and Gold is nearly non-existent because it's so easily obtainable. Same goes for Epic Coins. I only suggested the increase of EC reward for Divine Emissary quests because these days, a stack of 9999 EC is literally nothing when a few years back, it could nearly gear you a new character.

Anyway, post your opinions and thoughts below and try to keep the cesspool of drama and trash talk to a minimum, please.

cevans1290

A month. People will quit once they realize how retarded Elysium skills are.

Btw year and a half tops, server is dead as it is. PK is what keeps this alive, and Apo destroying Tyrants isn't even a struggle anymore.

EC is bullshit, in actuality. 100k+ EC is nothing as is to the top 5% of the server, and only 3% of the server is relevant atm. Having a DS/WS/Cube/ETC,made people feel great back in 2013, and now it's required to be even anything more than a nonfactor.

Server is dying, it has been for ages now.

Don't even get me started on R8.
Last Edit: Sept 16, 2016, 12:44 am by Timmeh

Insanity

cevans1290

(lol the Pinoy with the 3x interval chest plate)
6 sins 3 eas have this now by the way. one of them doesnt even have 3x wrists..?

Offline Rumi

• x x x
  • Characters: Xanadu
  • Faction: Xpendable
iunno, I feel like new content will bring people back, even if only for a short while.  and every time new content is added people will be curious enough to try it (as well as give something new to work towards), even if there are so many people who throw a gigantic bi.tch fit about it

and people seem to think that if the pk aspect of epw dies off, then the whole server dies, but this is a pve server

I don't really have high hopes for the server to the point where I think it will last forever, and maybe I'm wrong about the way I think of it now, but people have been predicting its doom for years now and I think it'll putter along for a while longer

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
long time since ppl stil play this trash game and more will come when the new update is out

A month. People will quit once they realize how retarded Elysium skills are.

Btw year and a half tops, server is dead as it is. PK is what keeps this alive, and Apo destroying Tyrants isn't even a struggle anymore.

EC is bullshit, in actuality. 100k+ EC is nothing as is to the top 5% of the server, and only 3% of the server is relevant atm. Having a DS/WS/Cube/ETC,made people feel great back in 2013, and now it's required to be even anything more than a nonfactor.

Server is dying, it has been for ages now.

Don't even get me started on R8.
with that logic pw should had die when they releases sins psys sekers and mystic your argument is invalid. Nothing is more ap than a sin you all complain about new class the 98 % of you didn't even played those yet.
sins can 4 aps and hit you 10k's yes yes very balance gampley MMORPGS are not balanced  deal with it you don't like it quit game bb cya 
iunno, I feel like new content will bring people back, even if only for a short while.  and every time new content is added people will be curious enough to try it (as well as give something new to work towards), even if there are so many people who throw a gigantic bi.tch fit about it

and people seem to think that if the pk aspect of epw dies off, then the whole server dies, but this is a pve server

I don't really have high hopes for the server to the point where I think it will last forever, and maybe I'm wrong about the way I think of it now, but people have been predicting its doom for years now and I think it'll putter along for a while longer
this. 

cevans1290

long time since ppl stil play this trash game and more will come when the new update is out
with that logic pw should had die when they releases sins psys sekers and mystic your argument is invalid. Nothing is more ap than a sin you all complain about new class the 98 % of you didn't even played those yet.
sins can 4 aps and hit you 10k's yes yes very balance gampley MMORPGS are not balanced  deal with it you don't like it quit game bb cya this.
I hope you are joking. I said Elysium skills, not anything relating to the new classes. Please read :police:

Insanity

I hope you are joking. I said Elysium skills, not anything relating to the new classes. Please read :police:
people complained about everything new since 1.3 but more seem to play the game, less people seem to quit, like it or not people are still playing and more are still coming not just for pk

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex

kitty stew

too many variables that surround the unknown of what the costs are to run this server and what Agatio brings in... this server ran for over a year with shit population in its early days keep in mind 

don't think the oversimplification does this any justice (ie exaggerated impacts of small time economics or large guilds coming and going) but just for fun 2-5 years 

Agatio I imagine should receive a nice bump of donations when new class update comes 

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
EPW gonna die in 2017....
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

kitty stew

A month. People will quit once they realize how retarded Elysium skills are. Btw year and a half tops, server is dead as it is. PK is what keeps this alive, and Apo destroying Tyrants isn't even a struggle anymore. EC is bullshit, in actuality. 100k+ EC is nothing as is to the top 5% of the server, and only 3% of the server is relevant atm. Having a DS/WS/Cube/ETC,made people feel great back in 2013, and now it's required to be even anything more than a nonfactor. Server is dying, it has been for ages now. Don't even get me started on R8.
Arti was destroying every other large guild for the better part of a year a few years ago I think the impact of two guilds competition on an entire server is being way exaggerated

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran

Offline C

• ☾⋆
  • Characters: Beloved | Jedi
too many variables that surround the unknown of what the costs are to run this server and what Agatio brings in... this server ran for over a year with shit population in its early days keep in mind

don't think the oversimplification does this any justice (ie exaggerated impacts of small time economics or large guilds coming and going) but just for fun 2-5 years

Agatio I imagine should receive a nice bump of donations when new class update comes
Aga doesn't do the taxes and any of the money aspects of running EPW. It's controlled by Glut.

cevans1290

Aga doesn't do the taxes and any of the money aspects of running EPW. It's controlled by Glut.
so he says