Epic Perfect World

attack and def lvl stones

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
On another server I was on, I played a psychic with 150 attack levels (with black voodoo--170 with frenzy/enrage) and I somehow managed to make it so that while in black voodoo, my defense levels were maybe -1 or -2.  Let's not even go into when I was in white voodoo.  While I wasn't fully sharded in defense levels (I opted for mostly attack, but still used JOSD for some pieces), I managed to still have an ungodly amount of defense levels while having attack shards in most of my gear. 

Oh, and mind you, she wasn't even CLOSE to endgame.

Let's pretend that Agatio gets super drunk or something and decide to implement these stones.  You will have r8 psychics like that.  Seekers will have defense levels out the ass.  Perfect example--my husband plays a demon seeker (not the most ideal cultivation for a seeker, but still not bad nonetheless).  He's not endgame yet and my sin can't break through his defense.  Full attack sins with god knows how much crit.  Sure they'll die faster, but so will you.  And you know all the QQQQQQQ about sins being OP.

I love this server because of how balanced it is at the moment.  I spent an ungodly amount of money on PWI to get my psychic to where I wanted her (and still wasn't satisfied when I quit) and still got rolled by someone with a fatter wallet.  At least here I don't need a fat wallet to keep up with the Joneses.  Those stones go in, me (and a good chunk of the server) goes.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Zaboteur

First of all grats on your weapon It's a very nice addition to your gear. Secondly let's take your example and apply it to another. Let's say stones were added to weapons only, and you had 2 more attack levels to your weapon (assuming 1 stone gives you 1 attack level) next let's assume my barb had the equivalent of your attack levels in defence. What you are saying is adding more attack levels to you is going to imbalance everything by making you op, I.e giving you 2 more attack levels past my barbs defence levels. This is true but by me adding 2 more defence levels, our increase is relational. Even if my barb was only dragon, by adding +2 defence levels you will still be 71 attack levels over me. Because the increase is relational there is no imbalance and nothing has changed. Nothing you can do will unbalance the game because whatever you add can be countered. I think what you are not taking into consideration here is that not everyone is rank 8. I think they may appreciate the extra attack/defence levels to help compete the rankers. However as previously stated, the increases are proportional, so rankers will increase the same way. Hp may drop but defence levels may increase. I'm not saying this is an amazing idea and I think it should happen, I'm just saying it's not a bad idea it will not unbalance the game, despite what players say. The current attack levels and defence levels of rank 8 are very nice and I think this is where people panic and don't want change.

i agree 100%

adding the stones would allow same balance becuase everyone can get the exact same thing to counter. perfectly explained..
the imbalance you see tali is the brain imbalance where others dont think alike and <not to be rude to anyone who may take offence>, arent as smart as the other guy who knows how to use what he is givin efficiently. and what i mean by givin, is what he like everyone else has in the game, the several possibilities in gears and stones alike. every single person has the ability in this game right now to attain the exact same things as the other guy perfectly. what path they go about is there own decision.

i for one would like the +1 DoT's as ive never had anything different anywhere i go, but im not allowed those here. its already tough for some of us being made basically to change what we are used to that and aps for example. those  there did nothing aswell. it was basically the people who dont think the better ways who wanted that gone. and so it was by popular vote i guess lol..
Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 09:16 am by Zaboteur

Offline Zack

lol 2 words get r8.
what makes u think getting atk or def stones makes it balanced? they will use the same shit with r8 not like only u would get them so post is useless

Offline Nevyn

lol 2 words get r8.
what makes u think getting atk or def stones makes it balanced? they will use the same shit with r8 not like only u would get them so post is useless

This is not about balance and its not about R8 or Dragon. It's not even about PvP. Its about adding stones to ANY armour that increases either your attack or defence. Thats the full stop right there; see it >>>> .

Adding 1 attack level vs 1 defence level is perfectly proportional, yes the damage will go up if people dont move to counter the levels but that comes back to what Zaboteur said about using what you are given effectivly. Thats not any different to how things are now though. Forget about rank 8. Yes people want r8, because its bonus attack and defence levels (imo) out weigh the shity stats you sometimes initially get UNTIL you have enough EC to get better ones. But this thread is not about trying to get Dragon close to R8 because the raise is proportional. R8 will always be better even if they add these stones.

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline Phipple

• The Awesome
  • Characters: Phipple, Carcie
Nevyn, I can see that you REALLY want those stones, but that is besides the point, lol.
Let me try to put this as simple as I possibly can: Because of the difference between R8 and Dragon,
even adding those stones wouldn't make it any easier for those Dragon players to fight an R8.
All it would do is give them some Attack and Defense Levels that we R8 would just outweigh with the same simple
stones. Those stones were taken out of the game in the first place, it's not a case of they were never in this server.
You also have to remember, we with R8 Reforged have to farm, sell shit and spend A LOT of EC just in order to get the gear the way we want it. Hell, you can farm up the EC and start to work on another character in R8 before you even finish getting the first characters gear done, if you're not lucky, anyways. I do agree with Tali as it stands though, about adding some better set bonuses or something to the Dragon gear.

Offline Zaboteur

heres something to think about... i have a 148 fully in demonic gear sin.. as of now i get most barbs i even duel or pk with one on one with on this server tell me i do the most damage theyve ever taken by a sin even past a fully dragon'd set sin.. <witch obv im not dragon>.. this is becuase im using skills like powerdash.. and 3 genie skills stacked together and other such ideas with pots from the server and regular pwi pots ive made threw herbs or whatnot. ...   normally in this server with my fully equipped wizard lv 140 full demonic <both sets of acc's phys and mag> i cant touch .. not even in the slightest a wizard of 150 ( with less mag defence then me mind you since i am wearing the mag acc and he isnt..)  i still cannot hurt himn and his attack is ever so much higher then mine knowing hes 10k higher in damage just becuase of his 150 wepon.. and that isnt considered balance to me only becuase if you really look at the gear changes from demonic to dragon.. its really not that big a difference. besides the wepon. and only there even with the pots i have, the experience i have in 3-4 years or w/e i use.. its impossible so far to me to dual ANYONE thats 150 on any other class. its alot easier on sin.. but even so.. its pretty tough even when they just sit there doing nuthing on some classes. basically im saying.. in all honesty you cant duel or pk anyone in the 150 range until your 150. the lower levels of this server dont even have a chance.even at 149 vs a 150 at times.. just becuase of that gear now. thats not very balancing. levels are different sure and they ARE weaker.. but they should still be able to stand a chance, not just get oneshotted espetially when u have a higher def rating then them considerably to already balance out his next hit. i mean even the newest guy on the server would understand if u have a higher def then you got attack it wont hurt as bad?    anyway... people can say you can get level 150 in a day or 2 sure bet you could, but there are those others that goto work and tend to there families and play with there children acationally and dont get the amount of hours someone else does.  so they may be lv 131-141 for a few months only gettin 20 min a day  who knows  :X lol but the 140's should be able to stand a chance at least .. espetially with the entire set on for cryin out loud lol.

i can kil all the melees on my wizard up until lv 149 UNTIL THAT gear  gets on them and its funny becuase i have all def stones in my armor so ofc melee dont hurt.. but what kicks me in the head is this..  the wizards telling me to use vit stones when my elemental def  is way  higher then his already >.> while hes in dragon gear.. so yea it will give you a lil more life.. but.. your def says with the eye of observation that.. i should be hitting you harder then your hitting me... lol  that fails me in common sense. he has a better wepon YEA.. BUT "his" defence says i should be hitting him "as hard as he hits me" with his wepon becuase his defence is so much lower then mine   THATS what i dont get..
 are there hiddin stats in some of these armors other then the set bonuses? or is something NOT being seen by the eye? whats up :X

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
people can say you can get level 150 in a day or 2 sure bet you could, but there are those others that goto work and tend to there families and play with there children acationally and dont get the amount of hours someone else does.  so they may be lv 131-141 for a few months only gettin 20 min a day

If you can only get 20 minutes to play this game a day, then you shouldn't be playing at all as even the simplest of BH's can be 30 minutes.  PWI was a game not really made for players with only an hour a day to play because of course they're gonna be behind for a long time and it's just gonna be frustrating to them.  I have my daughter to tend to, and I work at home as well.  I can still have enough time to play and level to 150 quick enough if I wanted to.

And you're using phys gems in your armor, but that's the thing--there are diminishing returns on defense (not 100% sure where it kicks in at, I know that it's there though, and while vit stones may not give as much pdef as the raw pdef gems, it's usually better to go vit because you'll also get HP (albeit 10 hp per point for casters--venos get 12 never understood why), and magic defense as well.  So other than the defense/attack level stones, which are not on this server, and as you can see, not supported much in the community, vit stones are the better choice.

If someone can do math with the diminishing returns, by all means.  I am crap at math and it's way past my naptime, so...yeah.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
QQ i thought i did answer on this already...

NOT gona happen. We did give the amount of attack and def levls we thought was fair to every class. and we hadded the runes so weapons can have as well attack and def levls.

Stones no way they will be implemented. There was something that Aga decided sinse he created the server. It causes way to much inbalance.
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Offline Nevyn

Nevyn, I can see that you REALLY want those stones, but that is besides the point, lol.
Let me try to put this as simple as I possibly can: Because of the difference between R8 and Dragon,
even adding those stones wouldn't make it any easier for those Dragon players to fight an R8.
All it would do is give them some Attack and Defense Levels that we R8 would just outweigh with the same simple
stones. Those stones were taken out of the game in the first place, it's not a case of they were never in this server.
You also have to remember, we with R8 Reforged have to farm, sell shit and spend A LOT of EC just in order to get the gear the way we want it. Hell, you can farm up the EC and start to work on another character in R8 before you even finish getting the first characters gear done, if you're not lucky, anyways. I do agree with Tali as it stands though, about adding some better set bonuses or something to the Dragon gear.

Like many others before you, you have tried and failed to put words into my mouth. You clearly have not read what I have written. I do NOT support this idea and I did not create this thread. I am merely stating how this does not cause any imbalances to introduce these into the game. I already know It wont cause any difference between Dragon and Rank 8, in fact, I've been teling telling people that for the last two pages if you care to take a look? But of course you wont, you didn't before your post so why should you now? Again I must explain that the purpose of this thread was not to make dragon more like rank 8 it's just to introduce them so any class may use them. But thats all people seem to care about. Rank 8 players raging because someone has a change to gain a few attack levels? so what?

And I have to disagree with you and Tali, boosting dragon gear stats is the exact definition of unbalancing the game. You are closing the gap between R8 and Dragon and thats unfair. Rank 8 is better for a reason, because it takes time and effort to get, Dragon is fairly simlple to get. Those who have gone through the process of getting rep and reforging gears deserve to have superior stats. I'm sure both you and Tali can appreciate this as both of you are rank 8. Dragon gear is already very good, I have seen dragon players beat Rank 8 players with ease. Anyway Watchtower has made his decision and thats good enough for me. Thank you for a great thread.

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline MorbidAngel

• Dragon Seeker
  • 1 man army
How about just no to this topic. you get +20 vit stones . be happy

Morbid/\ngel - 150 seeker

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
This is great idea how to destroy balance on the server     :normal-1:
/closed