Epic Perfect World

attack and def lvl stones

Offline xdnoypidx

since gm added the attack level and defense level attributes, i think it would be fair for them to add also the attack and defense level stones. i think this will balance the game even more. some players have very high attack levels that they two shots full dragon players, sometimes even one shot them. i think adding def level stones will give players a better chance to survive against r8 players.

so what do you think guys are def level stones gonna balance the game or just worsen it?

anyways Happy 2013 Epic Perfect World. :)

Tali

We already have runes, which can be attached to a weapon and give attk/def lvls. Anything permanent would just imbalance the game.
please no defense level stones. Ive found out that having defense level/attack level stones in game always imbalances the game and favors certain classes over others with end game gears. That's the reason ive quit every other pw private servers out there -_-
I am a seeker and i know how OP it is to have defense level shards on a seeker, but i m still against it cuz i dont wanna play the game with game breaking features lol...

Offline Archeus

• Rachel
  • “Ask nothing, expect nothing, depend on nothing."
omg lol that would be so bad....imagine the barbs, psys, and seekers.... x.X
FuzzyPeanut - 150 Sage Barbarian
Spazz - 150 Demon Barbarian
Archeus - 150 Sage Archer
Mischievous - 150 Demon Blademaster
Switchblade - 145 Sage Seeker

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Oh this thread again.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.

Offline Nevyn

I don't think it's a bad idea. People would simply have to choose between higher hp or attack/defence levels. Of course most people would go for the attack or defence stones depending on their class. I'm failing to see how they will cause an imbalance though. Imbalances occur when one or more class gains where another cannot. If every class gains the ability to add +4 defence levels for example then the rise is proportional. The only imbalance I can see is if a class is reliant on hp and would suffer by dropping their hp stones. But then that would be gained back with defence levels.
I wouldn't say no to this to idea and I would be interested in seeing what the gm's say. Just ignore the forum trolls who say "just no" they have no concept on how this will affect this game.

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Don't you think he's took JoSD/DoT/DoD out of the game already for a reason?

Tali

I don't think it's a bad idea. People would simply have to choose between higher hp or attack/defence levels. Of course most people would go for the attack or defence stones depending on their class. I'm failing to see how they will cause an imbalance though. Imbalances occur when one or more class gains where another cannot. If every class gains the ability to add +4 defence levels for example then the rise is proportional. The only imbalance I can see is if a class is reliant on hp and would suffer by dropping their hp stones. But then that would be gained back with defence levels.
I wouldn't say no to this to idea and I would be interested in seeing what the gm's say. Just ignore the forum trolls who say "just no" they have no concept on how this will affect this game.

The only reason I'm against adding more attack/def levels is that r8 is sufficient enough.

Case in point:

With this pataka, I have 71 attack levels. A lot of phys classes that aren't in r8 take 8-10k+ hits on a good day.
Given that a venomancer is one of the weakest magic classes in the game, adding attack level shards, well, I'd be sitting with about 100+.  :-\ Wouldn't feel very balanced at that point.
To add to what Tali said, if there were JOSDs in game, NO ONE will go for HP shards cuz vit+ stones have diminishing returns while JOSD doesn't. In the long run, everyone will be too OP with too OP HP with +12 anyways with too OP resistances that it would take around 10 ppl to kill a single seeker/psychic/barb.

And we dont want JOSD cuz we've already tried it on other private servers and thats the reason why pvp there is unbalanced.

Tali

To add to what Tali said, if there were JOSDs in game, NO ONE will go for HP shards cuz vit+ stones have diminishing returns while JOSD doesn't. In the long run, everyone will be too OP with too OP HP with +12 anyways with too OP resistances that it would take around 10 ppl to kill a single seeker/psychic/barb.

And we dont want JOSD cuz we've already tried it on other private servers and thats the reason why pvp there is unbalanced.

+1

Referring back to the pataka, if I had JoSD fully sharded on everything, my def lvl would be INSANE with my attack level. It's normally one or the other; both just makes you hard to kill, but a killing machine.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
The only class that would be still using vit stones would be barbs. (the ones who wouldn't have got to be retarded enough to add def stones on a barb) And then it would outbalance the game way too much.
Especially on seekers, psys with def stones, or sins and archers with atk level ones.

Therefore, if they ever get added, I'm quitting for sure.

Offline Nevyn

The only reason I'm against adding more attack/def levels is that r8 is sufficient enough.

Case in point:

With this pataka, I have 71 attack levels. A lot of phys classes that aren't in r8 take 8-10k+ hits on a good day.
Given that a venomancer is one of the weakest magic classes in the game, adding attack level shards, well, I'd be sitting with about 100+.  :-\ Wouldn't feel very balanced at that point.
First of all grats on your weapon It's a very nice addition to your gear. Secondly let's take your example and apply it to another. Let's say stones were added to weapons only, and you had 2 more attack levels to your weapon (assuming 1 stone gives you 1 attack level) next let's assume my barb had the equivalent of your attack levels in defence. What you are saying is adding more attack levels to you is going to imbalance everything by making you op, I.e giving you 2 more attack levels past my barbs defence levels. This is true but by me adding 2 more defence levels, our increase is relational. Even if my barb was only dragon, by adding +2 defence levels you will still be 71 attack levels over me. Because the increase is relational there is no imbalance and nothing has changed. Nothing you can do will unbalance the game because whatever you add can be countered. I think what you are not taking into consideration here is that not everyone is rank 8. I think they may appreciate the extra attack/defence levels to help compete the rankers. However as previously stated, the increases are proportional, so rankers will increase the same way. Hp may drop but defence levels may increase. I'm not saying this is an amazing idea and I think it should happen, I'm just saying it's not a bad idea it will not unbalance the game, despite what players say. The current attack levels and defence levels of rank 8 are very nice and I think this is where people panic and don't want change.
Last Edit: Dec 31, 2012, 09:34 pm by Nevyn

150 Sage Assasin

Offline Nevyn

The only class that would be still using vit stones would be barbs. (the ones who wouldn't have got to be retarded enough to add def stones on a barb) And then it would outbalance the game way too much.
Especially on seekers, psys with def stones, or sins and archers with atk level ones.

Therefore, if they ever get added, I'm quitting for sure.

I think you will find barbs would use defence stones, to complement their already enormous defence. And of course, if people want to break that defence they will increase their attack level. Result; the raise in attack and defence is proportional and the drop in hp is also proportional. I.e no balance disturbances. If you want to quit because you don't understand how it works then go ahead, seems silly to me though. But remember 1 thing, this is a suggestions thread. Don't come here threatening to quit, come with ideas and solutions. If you decide to continue to bring nothing then I hope you do quit.

150 Sage Assasin

Tali

Let's say stones were added to weapons only

But this is where my argument stands, we already have runes available that add about +6 attk/def levels to your weapon, so I see no real reason to add any attack/def level stones.