Epic Perfect World

WTT Might 5% atk+2/str+11

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange
  • Characters: Pyrosha
  • Faction: Onslaught/Treeants
WTT Might ring 5 % crit hit chance +2 attack level +10 magic for a might ring 5 %  crit hit chance and clean/badroll  + ec 

WTS dex+10/def lvl +2 might ring 4 % crit hit rate
WTS atk lvl+2/phys atk+40 4 % crit hit rate

WTT might ring 5 % crit hit chance +2 attack level +11 strength and ec for a might ring 5 % crit hit chance atk +2/dex+11
Last Edit: Sept 13, 2016, 08:05 pm by Zandskel

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange

cevans1290

dex is worth more than str, you won't find this trade. :-\

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange
dex is worth more than str, you won't find this trade. :-\
why so?
edit: 1 % extra crit hit rate is 4x more worth to a strength char than a dex char *rolls eyes* so i don't see how it could be that dex is more useful on that ring than strength as I see it the other way around, convince me please. The way I see it a dex char would use 4 % crit hit rate ring with +2 atk lvl +11 dex much rather as the 1 % crit hit rate gives 4 times less to them than a strength character, well.. yeah

cevans1290

why so?
edit: 1 % extra crit hit rate is 4x more worth to a strength char than a dex char *rolls eyes* so i don't see how it could be that dex is more useful on that ring than strength as I see it the other way around, convince me please. The way I see it a dex char would use 4 % crit hit rate ring with +2 atk lvl +11 dex much rather as the 1 % crit hit rate gives 4 times less to them than a strength character, well.. yeah
I'm talking about the price. Expense. Cost. Worth.
also the "edit" is useless, because you just restat it anyway. It only affects you if you have str/dex maxed out on a char, and unless you're mag/sin.. this shouldn't happen very often.

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange
I'm talking about the price. Expense. Cost. Worth.
also the "edit" is useless, because you just restat it anyway. It only affects you if you have str/dex maxed out on a char, and unless you're mag/sin.. this shouldn't happen very often.
Restat it? The edit was the main purpose of the post. I was trying to point out that the atk lvl +2 str +11 ring has more value than the dex +11 counterpart. Why did I pose that as an argument? It might be a flawed one but it does make sense to me for some reason. Looking at the value that the ring has to a strength character, I can safely assume that a strength character would want this ring more than a dex character would want a dex +11 roll ring. Strength character can't do anything with the dex roll though. Having a 5 % crit hit rate ring vs 4 % crit hit rate gives neglible results due to the way pw calculates crit hits when they are higher than 50 % or 75 % in the case of dex toons. Approx yield ~0.25% dmg increase, which is incomparable to atk level etc.
Edit: Your post further proves my point. A dex character should prefer the dex +11 roll over strength +11 roll only once their str stat is maxed out which further lowers the criteria of DEMAND for the rings that are dex +11. Anyone who knows the market knows that supply and demand dictate prices so I will beg your pardon, I do understand that this game's market is often driven by lack of calculations and lack of true gauge of supply and demand however I find it unimportant to compare the EC flat value of the rings, but rather the cost, worth, expense, like you said. In a realistic market there is a bigger demand for strength +11 might rings than dex +11 ones, or will you deny that?

Edit2: Nothing personal about this all and just want to see it from your point of view, just desire to understand things the way you do so that I might have a firmer grasp on different realities.
Last Edit: Sept 06, 2016, 08:24 pm by Zandskel

cevans1290

I'm not seeing this from any point of view, just that to players DEX>STR ornas in cost, in every situation that I can think of, this especially. Even if the 1% crit doesn't matter, people still want it because it seems cooler to have because 5>4. Also because it's technically more stats, which is just something to sink EC into.

Str is maxed out on magic classes, and sin. Those are the only two classes that should be maxed out on strength even with a base of 3.
However, WR+WB+Sin+EA(+ I think seekers) all need dex, even after they are statted to a base of 3. (I'm talking about needing dex on ornas even with +20 from r8 ring, 20 from possible ds, and 20 from cape, 50 for those that use +50 dex tome)

I got offered 10k+a 5% crit 2/10 str ring = my 5% crit 2/11 dex, and it wasn't even a good deal for me. This is another one of those situations, in which even after EC is added it's probably still a bad deal.

(Side note, sins are typically the ones that have these 2/11 ornas and shit, and they are best ec farmers so they can pay more for shit. This also contributes to the price of stuff)

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange
Thank you for the well-structured answer and thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I finally now understood and reading lines that you wrote before, you were a little bit too hasty but I was too stupid to realize what you were talking. Once more thank you for being constructive and well-meaning towards helping me understand how exactly the market has developed into what it is right now.

I had no clue wb/wr needed THAT much dexterity to wear their gear and I also failed to foresee the impact farming sins might have on supply and demand and complexity of EC as a currency. It all makes sense in my head now, which is what I desired from you and I thank you once again.

Wish there were more people in the world like you but sadly the reality is the opposite and there's not enough. :(

Offline Saph

• Frenchie player
  • Since 2007
  • Characters: $aphira / SAPHlRO
  • Faction: 0FkGiven
Thank you for the well-structured answer and thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. I finally now understood and reading lines that you wrote before, you were a little bit too hasty but I was too stupid to realize what you were talking. Once more thank you for being constructive and well-meaning towards helping me understand how exactly the market has developed into what it is right now.

I had no clue wb/wr needed THAT much dexterity to wear their gear and I also failed to foresee the impact farming sins might have on supply and demand and complexity of EC as a currency. It all makes sense in my head now, which is what I desired from you and I thank you once again.

Wish there were more people in the world like you but sadly the reality is the opposite and there's not enough. :(
Nice person detected  :tiger-47:
Good work Timmeh  :tiger-42:

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange

Offline Zandskel

• Lange Schlange
updated the list

Offline ℬʋttɦҿαɗ