Epic Perfect World

Spacing In Guild Slogan

Tali

I know this has been mentioned before, but not yet fixed.

Can we PLEASE have spaces in our guild slogans? I'm tired of spaces giving me an "Invalid Character" message and it makes the slogan look really messy.  :-\

Offline IMN666

• Poor, Ugly, Happy
  • Bah-weep-graghnah-weep-ninni-bong
  • Characters: Maloth, Aceso
i don't think this is available even on official servers. i could be wrong, i never pay attention to that stuff anyways. i've seen stupider stuff before. on PW-MY "6.4" is censored

Tali

i don't think this is available even on official servers. i could be wrong, i never pay attention to that stuff anyways. i've seen stupider stuff before. on PW-MY "6.4" is censored

I only play EPW and w2i, it's spaced on w2i...pretty sure it was spaced on official, but it's been awhile.

Also lol @ 6.4

Offline Zaboteur

it can be fixed. its fine on harshlands.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Well, it's not fine anymore, at least on PWI...
Unfortunately it is directly linked to the faction names as well, so allowing spacing in guild slogans would allow players also to create factions with spaces in names, which can cause some possible issues with the database. But if I find I way to make it possible, I'll enable it.  =)

Offline Nevyn

Well, it's not fine anymore, at least on PWI...
Unfortunately it is directly linked to the faction names as well, so allowing spacing in guild slogans would allow players also to create factions with spaces in names, which can cause some possible issues with the database. But if I find I way to make it possible, I'll enable it.  =)

You can just try store it as a text string; i.e 'Requiem' But that's pretty basic so I'm guessing its much more than that. However allowing spaces will also allow duplicate looking names like "Requiem" "Requiem " see the difference?

To my knowledge spacing has never been available in the faction names I have made, and as agiato already explained using spaces in a databases is not really good practice. Most people use an underscore (_) as a Place holder for a space  or just use capitals to distinguish the words more easily. MyFactionIsCalledRequiem.... for example....

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!