Epic Perfect World

R8 Recasting way too expensive

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
To be willing to use R8 armor you need some benefit from it.
The only benefit I can see is more APS.
To get 3.33 APS you need all 3 chest blue stats to be -int.
And 2 more R8 parts for 4.0 APS. Say legs and boots.
If you want 5 APS then wrists also have to have all 3 -int.
Then you use R8 chest, wrists and legs, and Dragon helm and boots.

To get all 3 -int, you need "gazillion" of attempts.
For 1000 attempts you need 105000 EC.
Months of farming if you do only that.
(To get bored earlier and quit before you wanted to.)
Can you even get it within 1000 attempts? I doubt it.

And IF you get it, somehow, on chest, you'll have to repeat for wrists.
Looks worse than damn PWI.

I feel SO DISAPPOINTED.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Tali

r8 has wayyy more benefits than just APS.

Physical defence 10% on chest
Elemental defence 10% on legs
-chann is also very indispensable for mages

+25 attk/def levels is the set bonus, and for mages, 15% physical damage reduction (I believe it's 15% magic reduction for HA?)

Not to mention the attack/defence levels of the weapons, up to 40 of each level if you're super lucky.

1.8k ec to reshape an entire set isn't very much if you're doing all your dailies.

I agree that the RNG (random number generator) can really screw you over, but for the bonuses that the set gives, I feel that the amount spent is worth it.

As for -int, I feel as if it SHOULD be hard to achieve. Of course people get super lucky with 3x -int, but that's the beauty of RNG.

Sure, it might not be viable for every build, but the set in general adds amazing survivability and damage output for how much it costs.

Offline Nightstalk

• Old Player
expensive? stop think you can get everything for free all the time. Start play a different game if you don't like to work for what you want.  Good luck in life with that attitude.

And what you get on your gear, is about luck and %. read the thread about it or check pwdatabase.
 I got my double int wrists on first craft. some get on 10th. others on 100th. and some still haven't.   Luck and the %

Offline Areashi

• Banned
expensive? stop think you can get everything for free all the time. Start play a different game if you don't like to work for what you want.  Good luck in life with that attitude.

And what you get on your gear, is about luck and %. read the thread about it or check pwdatabase.
 I got my double int wrists on first craft. some get on 10th. others on 100th. and some still haven't.   Luck and the %
Because games are soooooooo applicable to life right?
But well, r8 isn't thtat needed in all honesty, full dragon is perfectly good enough.

Offline Astyru

+1 to god(areashi)

Offline SlowPokie

• Forever.
  • Legendz™.
Why do people qq bout things be hard EPw is perfect only thing that is hard is picking up coins in pv

Offline Nightstalk

• Old Player
Because games are soooooooo applicable to life right?
But well, r8 isn't thtat needed in all honesty, full dragon is perfectly good enough.

Would it matter? If you are so damn lazy so he can't even farm and do things in a simple free and damn easy game, he don't and wont have any "power" to do anything in real life either. as he wants everything on a silver plate.

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
I'll agree about it being a bit expensive, 'But' it is only expensive to get the stats you want.

Offline Apollo

This again? How many times does this need to be said to you, Daystalk?

First off, what right do YOU have to say that someone is "damn lazy." True, the GM's of this great server have made life easier for us, and yes, farming, gearing up, and leveling are all quick to finish up. Even so, getting such specific stats (and I'm assuming that Geriatrix is/ has an assassin) like -int, isn't an easy thing. Geriatrix never made any reference to getting ANYthing for free. He is simply implying that R8 can be expensive and sometimes a nuisance to get. And hey, by the way, good luck in life with your attitude of arrogance and overconfidence. If you don't have an idea of what someone's real life is, just this: shut the hell up. Rather, don't say anything at all. And if you're gonna do so, let's look at your life: sad, sad, sad.

"I'm a nice guy." Lol.

Anyways, back to the original post, R8 is expensive, but if you want something good, ya gotta take risks. And it's been said already, but it's all about luck with R8. Areashi is right, insta-5aps doesn't make someone OP.While "pro gears" like R8 can help, regular dragon gears is good enough if you know how to play the assassin class. Or any class for that matter. And look at it from another angle: do you really want to spend all that EC on -int R8 gear? I think most people have made the choice that 2x -int on your bracers and maybe 1x -int on your R8 top is good enough. I'm sure you already know this, but if you're looking for APS, the 2x -int on R8 bracers along with the R8 boots and leggings, plus the regular old dragon top gives you 3.33. That's definitely more than enough.
Last Edit: Dec 27, 2012, 11:55 pm by Apollo

Offline Nipple♥

• Just don't.
  • I'm the one and only.
Would it matter? If you are so damn lazy so he can't even farm and do things in a simple free and damn easy game, he don't and wont have any "power" to do anything in real life either. as he wants everything on a silver plate.
We are on this game to get everything on a silver plate instead of paying our way through PWI, We want as much as we can for free/Cheap as it gets. It is afterall a private server, But that being said i'll agree he can't just give it all away.

Offline Nightstalk

• Old Player
This again? How many times does this need to be said to you, Daystalk?

First off, what right do YOU have to say that someone is "damn lazy." True, the GM's of this great server have made life easier for us, and yes, farming, gearing up, and leveling are all quick to finish up. Even so, getting such specific stats (and I'm assuming that Geriatrix is/ has an assassin) like -int, isn't an easy thing. Geriatrix never made any reference to getting ANYthing for free. He is simply implying that R8 can be expensive and sometimes a nuisance to get. And hey, by the way, good luck in life with your attitude of arrogance and overconfidence. If you don't have an idea of what someone's real life is, just this: shut the hell up. Rather, don't say anything at all. And if you're gonna do so, let's look at your life: sad, sad, sad.

Well I know for fact that I've all my rights I can get to call him lazy seeing this post from him, and any other person who wants things served to them so they don't have to do a crap really.
I do know for fact that my life is kinda awesome with a good job and place to live and good people around me every day.
I do know for fact that "shut the hell up and "don't say anything at all" is pretty much same thing. Something you don't I see.
And sorry but as you don't know a crap really about me or my life you can't sit and say it's sad. Maybe your own life is, that's why you do what you do like this. taking out your random anger over internet on people you don't know.

Now read my sig and please come again.

Offline Caeley

• Retired Staff Member
  • Ignorance is no excuse
Before more rage hating happens I'll close this thread. Most things have been said already.
As Tali already mentioned there are more benefits in R8 than just Interval and it sure can be expensive depending on the RNG. Also people can stick to the Dragon Armor as Areashi mentioned already who don't want to stick to R8.
R8 is tricky and luck based but this is something you have to be aware of. Either you put all your EC in it or not.

And Daystalk, please don't draw any conclusions from ingame behaviour. This isn't really nice. I can speak out of experience that "Gaming Life" and "Real Life" ( I will just call it like that) are 2 totally different things. You can't compare them in any way.

If anyone got a problem with closing the thread he can write me a Pm with a good reason why I should open it again.