Epic Perfect World

Epw client causing entire internet connection to drop

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
idk if we have a internet nerds .. but i've decided to make thread and give it try .. i've searched in google for week .. couldn't find answer 

everytime i start the game and log in ... i lose internet connection ( skype chrome everything ales connected to internet) .. but epw still online .. 
in order to get connection back i have to close epw and start new one again .. i get same problem again .. 
(note i only lose connection on my own laptop where epw running .. phone and other laptops still have a good connection)

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
So every time you connect to Perfect World, you lose everything else Internet-based in your house?

Is this only with perfect world?

From what you described it seems that you might not have the best internet connection to begin with, seeing as Perfect World (and other online games) use internet speed, I wouldn't be surprised if your internet speed was extremely low to the point that PW uses all of its bandwidth and cuts off all of your other devices.

Please go to www.speedtest.net and screenshot your results so that we can have a more accurate assessment of your internet specs. 

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
did you install anything like ping boosters,netlimiter or anything else "connection" related?

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
So every time you connect to Perfect World, you lose everything else Internet-based in your house?

Is this only with perfect world?

From what you described it seems that you might not have the best internet connection to begin with, seeing as Perfect World (and other online games) use internet speed, I wouldn't be surprised if your internet speed was extremely low to the point that PW uses all of its bandwidth and cuts off all of your other devices.

Please go to www.speedtest.net and screenshot your results so that we can have a more accurate assessment of your internet specs.
yes i lose everything connected to internet but only in my laptop
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5542671797 this speed using wifi .. my brother's pc connected to interent via cable and it has 100mbps download speed and 4mbps upload speed 

did you install anything like ping boosters,netlimiter or anything else "connection" related?
nope

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
yes i lose everything connected to internet but only in my laptop
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5542671797 this speed using wifi .. my brother's pc connected to interent via cable and it has 100mbps download speed and 4mbps upload speed
nope
Your upload speed is on the low-end, I'm fairy certain that all of your devices are sucking up your upload speed and that connecting to the PW server (based on upload speed) is overdoing the bandwidth for your internet, cutting everything else off. 
Upload speed is used for anything internet related, really, and many times its much more important than download speed. 

Offline Areashi

• Banned
That's not an internet connection problem. 

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
idk if we have a internet nerds .. but i've decided to make thread and give it try .. i've searched in google for week .. couldn't find answer

everytime i start the game and log in ... i lose internet connection ( skype chrome everything ales connected to internet) .. but epw still online ..
in order to get connection back i have to close epw and start new one again .. i get same problem again ..
(note i only lose connection on my own laptop where epw running .. phone and other laptops still have a good connection)
 Does it just open the window then closes out? if so I had that problem when my computer got wiped, reinstall epic and it'll work again. download the 160 client one from website then do it from there and it worked.

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Your upload speed is on the low-end, I'm fairy certain that all of your devices are sucking up your upload speed and that connecting to the PW server (based on upload speed) is overdoing the bandwidth for your internet, cutting everything else off.
Upload speed is used for anything internet related, really, and many times its much more important than download speed.
PW uses 1-2 kb per second if you're not doing anything in game (I can check usage here http://prntscr.com/c43hol) you can run it even with 5k kbs net and play without any problem so his upload speed isn't the problem

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
Does it just open the window then closes out? if so I had that problem when my computer got wiped, reinstall epic and it'll work again. download the 160 client one from website then do it from there and it worked.
nope .. 
and welp idk if its about upload speed but i dont think so ...i tried to do something i think its fixed it
i had to release my ip adress then renew it
then type in cmd " ipconfig /flushdns " its good for now .. hope it will be stable like that for ever 

kitty stew

PW uses 1-2 kb per second if you're not doing anything in game (I can check usage here http://prntscr.com/c43hol) you can run it even with 5k kbs net and play without any problem so his upload speed isn't the problem
one thing I ran into running dozens of clients is that running too many connections through a router whether on one computer or over a network can cause issues with internet if you don't have a proper router queueing installed like SQM/QOS

other than that instability could also come from the connection source...  one example is like if op is on dsl and is far from dslam and his isp is trying to push too much bandwidth too far..  would easily make connection unstable but for everyone on it not just one laptop..  obviously that example would be ruled out but there are other similiar ones

also mentioned wifi..  wifi blows for gaming so I hope you aren't using it..  way too much interference potential causing drops and bandwidth issues..  cat5/6 still best for speed and stability
Last Edit: Aug 10, 2016, 07:25 pm by kitty stew