Epic Perfect World

Can anyone tell me what's the point of this server?

Offline rado84

Can anyone tell me what's the point of this server? Because I can't see it. The game can't remember a simple settings of control keys. Yesterday I changed the keys to more convenient to me and now when I logged in again - all my settings are gone, so I had to change keys again. The taoist master has no quests for me therefore I can only use low level skills despite that I became lvl 20 after killing 10 monsters and I suspect he won't have any cultivation quests for me even if I get to the 1000th level.
I thought it would be better on a private server but apparently I was wrong. On the oficial they might force me to pay loads of money in order to level up but at least quests are ordered properly and I don't receive 43455657687353465 billion EXP for killing one monster. Meaning, the oficial server may have flaws but at least it's fun.

Offline Mantus

Heya and u need grind and farm at instances for lvl up here to lvl up to 110 u need to kill bunnys at the place u were spawned, From then u can spam PV to lvl 120 and get other gears that is farmed at OHT-Old Heaven Tear.

Offline TsugumiSendo

• NightWatcher
  • Do you not wish to finaly know the truth?
the point of a private server is so you dont have to cash shop. have a place for enjoyment with friends with out one faction dominating the whole map active events and GMs etc i have yet to cash shop on EPW and im already almost done with my gear where on pwi i spent liek 2 grand for r8....Hahaha real servers suck imo but thats me if you decied to stay let me know and i'll help you out with what i can

Offline Nevyn

I dont think you are playing it right... after killing 9 monsters you should be level 110 if you did things correctly. And yeah the settings do change from time to time, i find it annoying too. The point to the server is you start where people in PWI finish. You are free to enjoy the fun PvP/TW aspects of PWI without spending either years making a character who is able to last more than 10 seconds in TW or spending a shit ton of money buying your way up. As for quests, all the quests from PWI are still here but you simply do not take them. It not really designed for questing however there are special quests introduced by the EPW makers as well as events to partake in. As i previously said; you are here to enjoy the peacefull calm bliss of endgame simpleness, instead of QQ for hours in FC and getting your ass kicked by someone who paid 400$ to get a rank 9 op sin in PWI. If you are stuck in the game maybe someone can help you? One does not simply come from PWI then just go back because theres a lot here you can get which you cannot in PWI unless your a no lifer. Enjoy

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline ZedPC

• it is what it is, i do what i do..
If you take the 5 min of time needed to read this beginners guide for this private server you should be having fun in no time at all.. http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=1799.0 try it out

Offline rado84

Looks like I'll have to search for a PvE private server. I play MMO games for the fun of doing quests and killing monsters. I'm not interested, hell, I hate PvP. Maybe I should open my own private server...

Offline Cotoha

Don't need to. This server offers both pvp and pve. Check the settings, you can always stay blue name and never die. There is only few areas where pk is applied, but you can skip them and enjoy the rest of game.

aeon27

If you would read the Beginner's Guide, it might give you a bit more information. Also, you should have killed the bunnies along the path to get to lvl 110. I think maybe you should read the Beginner's Guide or ask someone in game for some help before automatically saying there is no point to the server. The server is PvP or PvE so you don't HAVE to PvP.

Offline raykim

In this server it an option to pvp or pve its not mandatory that u have to e I'd don't to pkvp ormpve but that's just my opinion ud could have fun and lvl like most ppl do

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
the settign will only apply if u let the game close properly after.
for example if u change keys and the game for some reason crashes, the keys will not be in memory.
another example is if u close the game by finishing the process on the task manager, this will make the keys not to be memorised aswell.
so for them to be on the game memory u will need to close the game by using the system buttons and exiting through there and let the game to closes for itself.

about ur other issues people alrdy answered you, theres a begginers guide for u to consult.
about ur lvl u just need to kill the bunnies and also follow the arrows, pretty obvious if u ask me.

about the PvE theres plenty of PvE in the game but we are working on adding more in the upcoming patches, theres a lot we can use that we r not using in the game  >:D
just needs time, specially now with xmas im sure we wont actualy bother with patches, i can speak for myself, im not even logging the game atm ;)
i'll be back to GM in january only  :-\

enjoy the game

Offline rado84

Don't need to. This server offers both pvp and pve. Check the settings, you can always stay blue name and never die. There is only few areas where pk is applied, but you can skip them and enjoy the rest of game.
I don't think you understand what I meant. I like slowly but surely leveling up by killing monster by monster, quest by quest growing one level at a time. There's no fun for me to kill 20 monsters and reach level 50 in no time. The oficial server would be the best server to me if the high level quests were giving 10 times more EXP and coins because at level 86 my current character there needs to kill all the bosses on the map at least 100 times in order to have 50% of the exp required to become level 87.

About the settings - someone said the game should close properly. Of course I close it properly using the Exit button. After all this is not the first time I play PWI. And yet it refuses to remember my key settings. Looks like someone has "told" the game to override user settings and to use the default ones.

Offline BamBam

• Old Player
I don't think this person came here wanting help, they would rather  troll the server because of his inability to kill pink bunny's and follow arrows. Idk maybe it is just me but when I am downloading a new server I always read the forums and guides before hand, most of the time I read them before I even start the download. I am not saying that I completely understand a server right away, but c'mon man :/
You obviously have the ability to view the forums, why not read the guides that these nice people are trying to direct you to?

Offline rado84

If I were trolling I wouldn't say my opinions but I'd post something like "Howdy, folks" and post it in the suggestions section.

Offline Slash

• Legend
  • ~ If you never try, you'll never know ~
  • Faction: Entity Marshal
If I were trolling I wouldn't say my opinions but I'd post something like "Howdy, folks" and post it in the suggestions section.

Honestly, if you're the kind of person who enjoys taking a lot of time to level, then you'll enjoy EPW later on in game, around lvl 135+.

Otherwise, if you feel this isn't the place for you, then don't even bother posting in the forums about it.
~First you have to give up, first you have to know, not fear, know that one day you're going to die. It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.~

Tali

That key switching thing, happens in the official servers too, it's annoying as hell.  :sad:

But honestly, all in all, this is the only server that you will find levelling to be enjoyable, hell, it happens even while you're not trying to level!

I find that of all the private servers, this one actually makes me feel good about farming things for myself, whereas other ones give you levels by donating..boring.  :sad: