Epic Perfect World

I think yall should sell Epic coin out Boutique

Offline Kyan

• Retired Staff Member
  • I'n the control room watching you
This has been suggested many times. As said by the GM's the answer to this question will always be the same, no.

The entire concept of EC was added as an alternative for using the cashshop. A way to get the high end stuff without using the cashshop and thus it will never be added to it.

I could never put a better answer. Exacly this.
Ty to lucy that made my awsome Siggy and avvy
GM alt Krypto

Tali

I can.

NO.

Offline JHIN

• FAIL PVP'er
  • I'm no good in PK X.x
RETIRED BARB
i quit barb just playin' support classes i am no good in 1v1.

i give up PK too hard everyone too stronk. i guess i'm forever noob x.x

Offline Nevyn

Well, I cant say i'm either with or against the idea of putting EC up for sale but I'm failing to see why so many people are raging about this. Most games have high level items up for sale. It serves a purpose and that purpose is it helps run the server costs as well as update/new content costs. It is one of the reasons PWI is so succesfull, and people will continue to pay it.

As a general rule I dont spend a lot of money on games and I dont think I would ever purchase EC if it were to go on sale. However, this suggestion is not saying remove EC from farming and put it in the catshop only, it's simply suggesting to add EC to the cashshop. Using the response "The entire concept of EC was added as an alternative for using the cashshop. A way to get the high end stuff without using the cashshop and thus it will never be added to it" is not a valid answer. Because the original concept still remains exactly as it should; so you dont HAVE TO buy it. Just because someone goes and buys EC does not alter the original concept, thus rendering that explaination redundant.

On the flip side, if you introduce things into the game that makes it too easy then its likely people will get bored and then leave which ultimateley ruins the game. So I can see it from both sides, however PWI have done a pretty good job and offer most things you need in the cashshop. But they have so much content they can afford to do this. The problem is this game is very different to PWI and needs its own counter balances. As nobody can seem to provide you with a valid reason let me try for you:

EC is needed to hone Recast Rank 8 gears, create Warsong Belt mats and Puzzle cubes mats. All this Gear is Endgame stuff, currently you dont get higher in these areas; it is the bees knees. If people were able to 'buy' their way through this aspect of the game then there would be no gear left for them to farm, with the exception of Tomes and the Dominence robe. Of course there are still events, TW quests etc. But the content is too small, and is simply out weighed by the amount of time people spend here farming EC to get the aforementioned gears. But then, what do you expect from a game that is a copy of another game where the start point is at the end of the original game? See what I mean? The GM's need something to keep you hooked, and EC is todays hot topic. Untilthey introduce something else into the game, It's unlikely they will put EC into the CashShop because they will be giving away too much of what little they have to give away in the first place.

That would be my guess. And to all you people who are not GM's saying "EC will never be added!" Speak for yourselves. You are not a GM and individually you have no control over what happens in the games development what so ever. All i seem to see now is people hating on other people suggestions. This wasn't a bad suggestion, maybe not thought through enough to understand how if affects the whole game in the long run but thats not expected of him or any other player. This is how ideas start and it's up to the GM's to look into them and see what the effects would be from the ideas.

But as i already said I personally I dont care. EC is easy to farm, especially if you have an alt. Put EC in or dont put EC in, it's all the same to me. But to all you players who just flame this guy's ideas and other people's too; for gods sake if you dont have anything constructive to say, dont say anything at all. Thats not what these forums are for, and stop talking like you are some kind of amazing influence to the game. Like me you are water drop in the ocean, accept it.

150 Sage Assasin
May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Offline block504

I see alot talking about donating money, The cost of donating and selling dont match up...

Offline Lethal

• Arabs .. Arabs everywhere
Are u kidding..
Thats the main reason i left PWI.

Tali

The entitlement, it burns.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
  • I'm one of THOSE people
Well, I cant say i'm either with or against the idea of putting EC up for sale but I'm failing to see why so many people are raging about this. Most games have high level items up for sale. It serves a purpose and that purpose is it helps run the server costs as well as update/new content costs. It is one of the reasons PWI is so succesfull, and people will continue to pay it.

As a general rule I dont spend a lot of money on games and I dont think I would ever purchase EC if it were to go on sale. However, this suggestion is not saying remove EC from farming and put it in the catshop only, it's simply suggesting to add EC to the cashshop. Using the response "The entire concept of EC was added as an alternative for using the cashshop. A way to get the high end stuff without using the cashshop and thus it will never be added to it" is not a valid answer. Because the original concept still remains exactly as it should; so you dont HAVE TO buy it. Just because someone goes and buys EC does not alter the original concept, thus rendering that explaination redundant.

On the flip side, if you introduce things into the game that makes it too easy then its likely people will get bored and then leave which ultimateley ruins the game. So I can see it from both sides, however PWI have done a pretty good job and offer most things you need in the cashshop. But they have so much content they can afford to do this. The problem is this game is very different to PWI and needs its own counter balances. As nobody can seem to provide you with a valid reason let me try for you:

EC is needed to hone Recast Rank 8 gears, create Warsong Belt mats and Puzzle cubes mats. All this Gear is Endgame stuff, currently you dont get higher in these areas; it is the bees knees. If people were able to 'buy' their way through this aspect of the game then there would be no gear left for them to farm, with the exception of Tomes and the Dominence robe. Of course there are still events, TW quests etc. But the content is too small, and is simply out weighed by the amount of time people spend here farming EC to get the aforementioned gears. But then, what do you expect from a game that is a copy of another game where the start point is at the end of the original game? See what I mean? The GM's need something to keep you hooked, and EC is todays hot topic. Untilthey introduce something else into the game, It's unlikely they will put EC into the CashShop because they will be giving away too much of what little they have to give away in the first place.

That would be my guess. And to all you people who are not GM's saying "EC will never be added!" Speak for yourselves. You are not a GM and individually you have no control over what happens in the games development what so ever. All i seem to see now is people hating on other people suggestions. This wasn't a bad suggestion, maybe not thought through enough to understand how if affects the whole game in the long run but thats not expected of him or any other player. This is how ideas start and it's up to the GM's to look into them and see what the effects would be from the ideas.

But as i already said I personally I dont care. EC is easy to farm, especially if you have an alt. Put EC in or dont put EC in, it's all the same to me. But to all you players who just flame this guy's ideas and other people's too; for gods sake if you dont have anything constructive to say, dont say anything at all. Thats not what these forums are for, and stop talking like you are some kind of amazing influence to the game. Like me you are water drop in the ocean, accept it.
You know what? That was probably.... the best damn post on this whole thread. And believe me I'm VERY against having ec in boutique, and even THIS gets me thinking. Especially the last part. Yes, this was probably some-ill thought idea born of laziness, but still. Even if it's a god-awful idea doesnt mean we should slam it like this. The forums are a place to put ideas and see if they grow. People put dozens of suggestions on here, and you dont see the gm's making each and everyone implemented do you? So i dont think theres any reason to make such a big fuss of this, the GM's have clearly said no to this countless times.
I was thinking though. What if we compromised? We could make alternitive gear with a DIFFERENT KIND of money, like event points. It would encourage people to actually do events. IN FACT, we COULD put ec in the EVENT boutique, that way you cant cash shop it, you have to earn it by being part of the server. It doesnt have to be ec either, it could be fliers, mounts, ancient emblems, divine order refreshes, and runcrafting stuff. Or even some high value or rare stuff, like mythical juice, rep badges (not the wraith ones but maybe something like lvl 8-9 darkness badges), or r8 mats. Something to encourage us to do events fo something other than fun. Just some food for thought  :D
Last Edit: Dec 20, 2012, 10:29 pm by Auriel
150 Sage seeker   AurielXarxes
147 Demon sin   Hircine

iDistance

This is the worst idea ever.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
-deleted- hehehehehe
Last Edit: Dec 20, 2012, 10:20 pm by Auriel
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
Actually, i'm going to take this post of mine and put it in a new thread (i'll give credit to those who need it tho)  ^.^
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
You know what? That was probably.... the best damn post on this whole thread. And believe me I'm VERY against having ec in boutique, and even THIS gets me thinking. Especially the last part. Yes, this was probably some-ill thought idea born of laziness, but still. Even if it's a god-awful idea doesnt mean we should slam it like this. The forums are a place to put ideas and see if they grow. People put dozens of suggestions on here, and you dont see the gm's making each and everyone implemented do you? So i dont think theres any reason to make such a big fuss of this, the GM's have clearly said no to this countless times.
I was thinking though. What if we compromised? We could make alternitive gear with a DIFFERENT KIND of money, like event points. It would encourage people to actually do events. IN FACT, we COULD put ec in the EVENT boutique, that way you cant cash shop it, you have to earn it by being part of the server. It doesnt have to be ec either, it could be fliers, mounts, ancient emblems, divine order refreshes, and runcrafting stuff. Or even some high value or rare stuff, like mythical juice, rep badges (not the wraith ones but maybe something like lvl 8-9 darkness badges), or r8 mats. Something to encourage us to do events fo something other than fun. Just some food for thought  :D
I second that idea LMAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!   :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
You use EC to make stuff at forges.

You want to buy EC to skip farming and be able
to make stuff at forges?

Whatever you want to make at forges, you can also
buy from boutique directly, skipping EC.

~~~~~

But the reason why people are against is something else:

They don't want EC price standardized, they want to be
able to find impatient fools and sell them EC for insane price.

Some shameless people are already selling EC for more than 2 mill.
I farm my EC and don't pay such sh*tty price.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
totally agree bro, some people are lazy, including me  :D

But i take pride in the things i do. I dont wear items i dont make. PERIOD. Theres just this feeling of accomplishment you get from doing something with your own sweat and blood.

But still, i think it'd be great to add a few things to event boutique, to buy with event gold. That way it encourages people to do events and actually be a part of the server and become part of something greater, or some cheezy ass thing like that lol. Im kidding, but still, it's definately something worth considering  :)
147 Demon sin   Hircine

Offline Auriel

• ~AurielXarxes~
147 Demon sin   Hircine