Epic Perfect World

PV 145+

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
there are other things to do as well, not only for XP, but to get SLS too

you're in a guild, do delta with them

BH (xp plus level scrolls), TM (for cape + ST to sell things to buy SLS with), Ares, the Sunday Morai Boss, Fire Legion, Cube/Cube Race event, Frostcovered City, Aba/SOT

I could go on and on and on, there are so many options, complaining about one (decent option) like there's nothing else is silly

also the warsong crystal idea makes no sense -- few people farm warsong anymore as it is, don't need any less incentive to do so

-1 for all mentioned ideas, completely unnecessary
None of these provide significant experience to make them even relevant to do. They're simply a change of scenery. 

kitty stew

It would be nice if the information you listed here would be in the Beginner`s Guide to epw. If I can edit it, I´ll go do it myself once I get home.
Squads usually don´t accept 145+ toons anywhere in delta OR TM.  In my experience (both personal and indirect) they instantly kick you once they see your lvl, regardless of your skills or gear.

whoops, Sunday Morai Boss... meant Sunday Primal Boss (Sarokkan or something)

None of these provide significant experience to make them even relevant to do. They're simply a change of scenery.
your post is mostly bullshit -- of the ones that don't, they make it easy to get xp scrolls in place of mob/quest exp

I didn't even mention how easy it is to afk with a seeker/cleric or sin at ancestors and level toons (will take a while 140+ but still, yet another option)

if what you're suggesting relevant/significant is insta-150 (like in one day), it's never been that way without paying a good price

it's funny to see how most of the people like this would have fared on this server in 2012 when I started and farmleveled several toons

you already get most things so quickly in comparison

Offline Tyroth

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tyroth
+1 nie sugestion

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
whoops, Sunday Morai Boss... meant Sunday Primal Boss (Sarokkan or something)

your post is mostly bullshit -- of the ones that don't, they make it easy to get xp scrolls in place of mob/quest exp

I didn't even mention how easy it is to afk with a seeker/cleric or sin at ancestors and level toons (will take a while 140+ but still, yet another option)

if what you're suggesting relevant/significant is insta-150 (like in one day), it's never been that way without paying a good price

it's funny to see how most of the people like this would have fared on this server in 2012 when I started and farmleveled several toons

you already get most things so quickly in comparison
I've been playing on and off since 2012 as well. And I understand since then, they made 147-150 significantly faster, too. But saying my post is bullshit is laughable. FCC takes a fair amount of time longer to run, and the experience is lousy compared to FCC. BH is a bit of experience, but miniscule to PV, along with level scrolls. Nobody is going to take a 145+ to or TM because people want fast levels to run that (and TM experience is laughable as well). The other things you lasted are something that either happen once a week, or when a GM activates it, or things people on this server don't even do. Again, nothing that is a significant amount of experience. Nobody is asking for insta-150, just asking for something along the lines of a 145+ PV, which isn't that much to ask for considering all the open instances we have.

Offline Jake - Peng

• British Geezer
  • How many E's can you fit in your belly? #SESHLIFE
  • Characters: Jake, Magnum
  • Faction: 420

Making it to easy to Lvl Chars ._,

kitty stew

I've been playing on and off since 2012 as well. And I understand since then, they made 147-150 significantly faster, too. But saying my post is bullshit is laughable. FCC takes a fair amount of time longer to run, and the experience is lousy compared to FCC. BH is a bit of experience, but miniscule to PV, along with level scrolls. Nobody is going to take a 145+ to or TM because people want fast levels to run that (and TM experience is laughable as well). The other things you lasted are something that either happen once a week, or when a GM activates it, or things people on this server don't even do. Again, nothing that is a significant amount of experience. Nobody is asking for insta-150, just asking for something along the lines of a 145+ PV, which isn't that much to ask for considering all the open instances we have.
you're bitching about daily or weekly or gm's activated events but PV, last I did this instance, had a limitation of once a day (more if done with alts/others) for a small handful of minutes.. one can't find the time to do anything else eh? rofl

presenting this like it should be made with even more xp just because people like you refuse other options makes this idea suck even more

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
you're bitching about daily or weekly or gm's activated events but PV, last I did this instance, had a limitation of once a day (more if done with alts/others) for a small handful of minutes.. one can't find the time to do anything else eh? rofl

presenting this like it should be made with even more xp just because people like you refuse other options makes this idea suck even more
PV is spammable. Still, 145+ leveling is agony, especially when at level 149, you get 1.5-2% exp per run with xp scrolls. That's around 50? 75? runs of PV just for one level. Please kill me.

+1 for a 145 instance.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Well, now that I think about it, there are ways kinda like this?
Down by Shrine, there's a space with nothing but 145 mobs, that drop EC. A few people do bot down there and such, so it would be basically the same thing if it was made an instance. Looking from a GM's standpoint it probably wouldn't be a good idea/necessary since there's already a space like it down there.

Agatio has said in the past he wanted to make a way for new players to level and gear easier, but I'm sure most of those ways are easily abused, probably.

I'm kinda on the fence about this now.
You're talking about Shrine of the Ancestors, which on the 147 toon i'm leveling i get... I think it's 375k exp per mob? While in PV a single mob is around 300k exp, except they're much weaker and clumped up, so while i'm killing 10 of those mobs, I can also jump in PV and kill 3 times the mobs - more if on a class where I can withstand pulling.

That said, I think there's two issues with PV:
- Lack of interactiveness with other players. You never find anyone else if you're doing PV, obviously, but if farming at the Shrine you'll still find a few players.
- Repetitiveness. When you're grinding a single instance, following the same exact pattern, over and over and over again, you're bound to get sick of it. I've suggested it before and i'll suggest it again: Revamping the BH59-89 mobs to not be wet paper and to serve as exp instances.

Another issue with leveling here is how barbs, assassins and even more so seekers and bm's have it easy, while mages are left in the dust, all because the only reasonable to gain decent amounts of exp is killing countless mobs in groups. Mages are forced to either farm Shrine mobs for eternity, or do PV and kill them one at a time almost, or at best killing them in groups of at most 10-20 mobs.
Even archers have it somewhat decent for PV. As long as you don't get the primal skill (yet) you have two aoe's, one of them for melee and being very spamable. Other than that, you just need to watch your hp and see to it that you're not getting overwhelmed.
Like I mentioned, i'm leveling a 147 archer and I didn't expect nor think they should be able to farm PV like that, for assassins, maybe, since despite being LA they're still melee, have a healing ability based on damage dealt and plenty of aoe damage, but it really doesn't make sense that i'm able to pull 3/4 of what a HA class can pull, use Wing Burst, stand there, tank all that damage, wait until it's back up and repeating the process until they're dead.

kitty stew

PV is spammable. Still, 145+ leveling is agony, especially when at level 149, you get 1.5-2% exp per run with xp scrolls. That's around 50? 75? runs of PV just for one level. Please kill me. +1 for a 145 instance.
I'll take your word on the spammable thing, but if that's the only instance you want to pretend exists, it seems as viable as ever given how easily that instance can be run

and I believe Agatio sometime recently said he changed pv mobs to actually follow you throughout the entire instance.. whereas before it couldn't be done without at least 2-3 extremely annoying pulls

the instance is fine

and to the above post, repetitiveness is easily solved by doing something else..

just because Option A is largely considered better than Option B-Z doesn't mean Option A isn't good enough because you don;t want to repeat it ad nauseam but are unwilling to do other things

this server isn't meant for new players/people farming levels to get that quickly to 150

otherwise we'd just start off 150

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
I'll take your word on the spammable thing, but if that's the only instance you want to pretend exists, it seems as viable as ever given how easily that instance can be run

and I believe Agatio sometime recently said he changed pv mobs to actually follow you throughout the entire instance.. whereas before it couldn't be done without at least 2-3 extremely annoying pulls

the instance is fine

and to the above post, repetitiveness is easily solved by doing something else..
Doing something else with less reward than PV. PV is the only dungeon that rewards you as much experience as it does in the amount of time that it does so. And like I said, doing 75 runs just to get to 150 from 149 is exhausting in and of itself -- it would be even MORE runs if you chose to do something else and this doesn't even include 145-149, which are about the same number of runs.

As for this part, that's all well and good for barbs, bms, and seekers who can tank a hit or two from 200+ mobs, but what about AA classes? (Discluding LA because plenty of antistuns to get to end of dungeon.)

Offline Danidv

• Old Player

just because Option A is largely considered better than Option B-Z doesn't mean Option A isn't good enough because you don;t want to repeat it ad nauseam but are unwilling to do other things

this server isn't meant for new players/people farming levels to get that quickly to 150

otherwise we'd just start off 150
Oh I agree. I make my EC off of PVE where I actually have fun. Even though I could join the trial farmers and come up with 50 accounts and make much, much more, I still stick with my current way because I wouldn't have fun by farming trials.

That said though, if people are farming their way to 150, there isn't much choice other than PV when it comes to something spamable.

Like I mentioned, you have the Shrine mobs which give vastly less experience for your time, and you may even be able to farm frost I supose and turn the mats into Martial Arts Master exp thingies, but all three ways for a spamable experience gain, unlike BH, are grinding, two of which are terribly inefficient so you're often pushed to a single choice. I'm not saying it should be easier by any means, I just think some variety would be nice if possible.
Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 03:33 pm by Danidv

Offline Drelina

• Blurryface
  • There is a thin line between pain and pleasure.
  • Characters: Dosei
Okay so, the people here that are ranting about this is a horrible idea because there are more spots and more other ways to do leveling rather than pv, I get your points. But I ask that you don't start a massive war on who's idea is bullshit or who's idea is a better one, thanks.

Other than that..
In my opinion, from a player that really has way too much free time and actually does pv because she's poor and can't afford to buy 60 SLS to level from 140-150, I choose the free route which just requires doing the same thing over and over. Yes it get's boring but it gets the job done. From the person who said you get about 1-2.5% when you're 149 trying to get to 150, I believe it's really closer to about 3-4 but I don't remember because I currently don't have a char that is level 149 so I will check back on that. 
Even right now, as I'm leveling a seeker, it is pretty true that they can tank the entire dungeon, so I was thinking about the other replies and thought about making a meele/magic two different dungeons based off of the same dungeon structure and map, but the meele one is closer to what is the current pv, and the magic one closer to a pv that is lessly populated with physical mobs and more with magic mobs so that magic classes don't get murdered by the amount of physical mobs in the dungeon and have a chance against magic because they have elemental defenses rather than physical. I run PV on my 146 Demon Wizard, and she can kinda tank up to 20-30 mobs at a time but they hit me for about 500-1k damage and being a mage, you really don't have the defense or HP to withstand that much in a given amount of time. Depending on your class you eiter have to spam heal, hope you dont die, or run while we wait for our aoe's to CD or our charms to tick after 10 seconds.

The Meele could be limitied to the classes that can ACTUALLY withstand it and magic for the ones that can't.
Meaning, all magic classes stick with magic route and meele with the meele routhe, and for ea's and sin's they can choose which ever because either way would probably work because everything kinda deals about the same in a sense.
How it would work is like.. I guess there'd be only one option depending on your class for 145+ but yeah this is just my idea it doesn't have to be a good one.

Other than that.. The people who are suggesting this is a bad idea because it will ruin the farming industry, to be perfectly fair, even with the little amount of people who are farming WS or EC farming in NS or some other place, in WS, you have to deal with like what, 6 bosses if you do it all with the reward of like maybe 30 WS crystals? ( I don't actually know so correct me). If it were implemented into PV, the mobs could have a very low chance of dropping them but it'd still be a nicer way to be able to get your gear because I know I wouldn't like to have to buy WS crystals from the boutique or a person, and I don't really like running WS.

And the people who were going on about there are other ways to farm, yeah I know there is but..
-The 140 FC is pretty much only good until like 130s, when you bring an alt with you to do it you really only get out of it the mats for 140, and maybe up to 135 if you're lucky. They have cheap EXP givings and maybe a third of the amount of mobs in PV. I did it once with a level 110 character and got it to level 135 in one run, after that I just went to 135+ pv because I knew it'd be better than this.
-Shrine farming is pretty much only good if you are a class that can afk there and bot. What about the people who are in PK mode.. I'm pretty sure this place is like not in safe zone so if you were to go there, and your character was put into pk mode, you afk and you come back dead. The mobs are harder to kill and give the exp of pretty much one mob in pv, when in pv there are so many more mobs with the same exp.
-BH and dailies, yeah they're there but they aren't really much of a exp go to because they pretty much only give enough to maybe give you like a sufficient amount of exp. BH is a daily thing, but the other events suggested have to be spawned by a GM, and are most likely pvp over pvp. Ares can only be done by 150's ( I think..? ), and other events are only weekly events which im also pretty sure don't give good exp rates.

Those are just my points of views so, fend off that I guess.

Ty for the Avy Lacrimosa. <3

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
Can I get the tl;dr version please?  :'( 

kitty stew

Can I get the tl;dr version please? :'(
was hoping you'd provide it :(

Offline Ayleid

• Characters: Nessify, Iorveth
I still agree with Drelina, specially now that K mentioned the AA classes.

I remember it took hell a lot of time to lvl my cleric up to 150, I even got so tired of PV I physically felt sick at the mention of it; with a cleric even if you are pro as hell, with 145-140 gear you can tank small groups of mobs since even with Plume Shell they hit you hard enough that with the healing intervals you can barely survive. It's a pain. Same with wizard and barely better with psychic.

Now before kitty stew begins the "Back In My Days Everything Was Harder" or the "For Me Everything Is OK So You Should Shut Up" speech, I give a + to Drelina's idea about magic route and melee route. Making life easier doesn't mean we want the roast duck flying in our mouths.

1. Frost City doesn't give 3% exp after 148. I know because I tried on assassin and cleric too. Not to mention that soloing it as a cleric (or as a matter of fact any arcane class) does take 1.5 hours. Such thank.
2. BH gives 1-2% EXP on 149. Such wow.
3. At Shrine, people are usually farming EC and take it badly if you wanna team up. You either go with faction members to watch your back or prepare to get your mobs stolen (and even that cannot 100% protect you as I saw it happen). They don't give a cracker about you trying to lvl up, they just want to farm their EC.
4. I went to GV yesterday with my 148 BM to see your point and actually with Training Eso, one GV gives 15% EXP on 148. If we go to 149, that will go down to 7%? That's around the same as PV sooooooooo I see no point in going to GV for EXP on the long run, which takes much longer than a PV run and even if you are lucky enough that beside your gear and level, your squad doesn't insta-kick you on sight it's only worth it for the Old Book Pages.
And that was on a BM, a "fairly useful" class in GV. If you take a less-so-useful class, you get an insta-kick the moment the squad leader notices your level. No questions asked.

Again, I don't want to level up instantly after 110, I just want to enjoy what I'm doing without suffering or needing to do one instance for 2 hours. I totally support the idea of revamping the BHs as well. Just give me something ELSE than PV where I won't be insta-kicked or have the mobs stolen from me.
BH sounds the best. If BH gives me say, 15% daily, I can cope with that and go PV a few times, try farming mobs and see actual progress.

Saying "instance is fine" is the simplest way to dismiss other people's concerns. Drelina has a built up and well-thought argument here and I think it's worth exploring.

Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:44 am by Ayleid