Epic Perfect World

Statistically speaking, what is the chance at getting +6 Attack Level on a cape?

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
50/50, you either get it or you dont

kitty stew

What would you say is the chance on +6 Atk. lv. then? obviously it's in the hundreds of thousands as well, but what would be the correct value? 1 in 297k like it was mentioned before?
yes, I'm not gonna bother opening calc to multiply the odds 3 times but offhand thats very close

realistically the odds are shit, unless one plans on being permabroke its better to aim for 2x atk-2 and be pleasantly surprised if you ever get 3x atk-2

(after 50k on this toon -- spent like 550k overall on myriad of toons)

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
What's the math behind getting 4 attack levels, statistically speaking?
That's a bit harder because you can have either 2+2+random or 2+1+1. I supose it'd be adapting the formula for +6 Atk. lv for a 2+2 first, rather than a 2+2+2, then adapting again and repeating it for 2+1+1 and then adding both.

Let's exagerate and say both, respectively, come off as a 1 out of 100 and 2 out of 100 - it'd then be 3 out of 100 to get +4 Atk. Lv.

'Course this all depends on whether someone can come up with the formula, or whether that 297k rolls formula is correct.

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
I think it's quite low... Not fully sure but yeah, I don't know, haven't tried by myself.  :-[ :-\ :-[  :pig-27: :pig-27: :pig-37: :monkey-19:

kitty stew

That's a bit harder because you can have either 2+2+random or 2+1+1. I supose it'd be adapting the formula for +6 Atk. lv for a 2+2 first, rather than a 2+2+2, then adapting again and repeating it for 2+1+1 and then adding both. Let's exagerate and say both, respectively, come off as a 1 out of 100 and 2 out of 100 - it'd then be 3 out of 100 to get +4 Atk. Lv. 'Course this all depends on whether someone can come up with the formula, or whether that 297k rolls formula is correct.
just so you know odds for 3x int on chest is very similar odds, posted somewhere by Agatio

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: \
Got mine in 9k-10k ec lmfao #GodlyGearNoSkill

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
yes, I'm not gonna bother opening calc to multiply the odds 3 times but offhand thats very close realistically the odds are shit, unless one plans on being permabroke its better to aim for 2x atk-2 and be pleasantly surprised if you ever get 3x atk-2 (after 50k on this toon -- spent like 550k overall on myriad of toons)
gift me cape please ty.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
just so you know odds for 3x int on chest is very similar odds, posted somewhere by Agatio
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=7835.msg100920#msg100920
Completely forgot about that post
In that case, +6 Atk. lv. is:
0.015*0.015*0.015 * 100% = 0.0003375%
100%/0.0003375% comes out as 296.3k rolls
So in other words, 59.2k 59 260 000 EC.
Looks like Clevo was right then.
Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:35 pm by Danidv

Offline Lill 🌶

• Noel
  • Tyrants
  • Characters: Chill.
amazing the math ppl do nowadays 

PURGATORY

amazing the math ppl do nowadays
Best entertainment 

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=7835.msg100920#msg100920
Completely forgot about that post
In that case, +6 Atk. lv. is:
0.015*0.015*0.015 * 100% = 0.0003375%
100%/0.0003375% comes out as 296.3k rolls
So in other words, 59.2k EC.
Looks like Clevo was right then.
brain damage?

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
brain damage?
If you think it's wrong then either explain why it's wrong or put what you think is correct
Oh what a shame, people actually trying to improve a part of themselves that is actually shit
I have fun with slight math problems like these. If I had no issue with math do you think i'd enjoy doing occasional shitty calculations like these and be posting here?

Piss off you sad excuse for a player. You must be the kind who cries on wc that the GM didn't give them x3 int  :tiger-47:

Offline Areashi

• Banned
If you think it's wrong then either explain why it's wrong or put what you think is correct
Oh what a shame, people actually trying to improve a part of themselves that is actually shit
I have fun with slight math problems like these. If I had no issue with math do you think i'd enjoy doing occasional shitty calculations like these and be posting here?

Piss off you sad excuse for a player. You must be the kind who cries on wc that the GM didn't give them x3 int  :tiger-47:
296.3k rolls != 60k ec mate, didn't read anything else tho.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Triggered faggot