Epic Perfect World

What gears are gonna be (hypothetically) locked and when

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Hey bro aint u the dude who first abused it?
yep and thats why i know the best

Offline Top50 Genji EU

• Old Player
  • Characters: solo Q to Grand Master
magic ring will be not allowed for ea to wear it ?

Offline Savi

• Old Player
  • ♥Zhoephast was here♥!ace too♥
Lock armors/cards bro. People will choose one set per situation (mass pk, 1v1, small scale pk). To add, this way people wont go from pure def. to pure atk. in one second, dividing glass cannon classes from tank classes once for all.

Offline Areashi

• Banned
for eps it wouldnt be problem tbh but eas and barbs is a small sacrifice they have to make to stop scriptingea/sin/mg tested everything is easy killable by any class in better words any class can kill any class whitin 3minutes fast paced 1v1s/pks(?)
So basically how EPW was meant to be played out at first. This sht needs to be +1'd more.
Hey bro aint u the dude who first abused it?
And now he's against scripting, as I said, I was just 3 years ahead of everyone else, glad to see them finally catching up.

kitty stew

The plan is to lock just cards, cape and (probably) rings and belt. But the thing is, it is very tricky to implement and still not ready for release. I will try to make it work until the middle of next week though, otherwise next patch won't be containing that change.
even though I think wep should be locked too, was excited to see your post about wanting to lock all but wep/tome

please don't backtrack on armor :( it's not like people can't play def build, just stops them from gear swaps during battle

I am working on locking armor/ornaments/cards during combat, just like it works with genies. Will leave just weapon. I saw it being done, so I know it's possible. Will try to make it work here asap  =)

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
Lock armors/cards bro. People will choose one set per situation (mass pk, 1v1, small scale pk). To add, this way people wont go from pure def. to pure atk. in one second, dividing glass cannon classes from tank classes once for all.
yep it will be like old time for instance assassin for mass pk will have to use old time 2def stat 1 offensive stat gear and sht (Physical defense PDR 10dex and stats like thise on each piece), same goes for cleric with all the -12 wrists and channeling they have now im sure they can find a perfect solution same for every class

Insanity

even though I think wep should be locked too, was excited to see your post about wanting to lock all but wep/tome

please don't backtrack on armor :( it's not like people can't play def build, just stops them from gear swaps during battle
:normal-43: :normal-43: and how will wrs play?

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent

No.             

Offline Xeli

• Forum Veteran
The plan is to lock just cards, cape and (probably) rings and belt. But the thing is, it is very tricky to implement and still not ready for release. I will try to make it work until the middle of next week though, otherwise next patch won't be containing that change.
Ok then don't even bother doing this if u are not gonna lock the 4 parts gear  :-X

Offline Lexmau

• Forum Veteran
lock everything besides neck-belt-weapon everything else BB BLOCK IT

kitty stew

:normal-43: :normal-43: and how will wrs play?
depends on situation

mass/tw.. sit in def..

1v1 or small pk/rpk, be creative (if you're good at kiting/running all over the map like burdette could possibly swap gear by waiting out battle timer)

not for me to figure out for you on how to play without autoswap

Offline Savi

• Old Player
  • ♥Zhoephast was here♥!ace too♥
I know that it'll be better for us but I also know that some eps love to play with ct gears in mass pk + def gears whenever they are targeted, EAs want to APS and cast at same time same goes for barbs
The idea of being DEF. and CT for EPs or DEF/CT/APS in one click for EAs or DEF/DPH/APS for barbs and etc etc. It doesnt sound fair to me, a person should pick a build per situation or even stick to one build and learn his class skills, genies skills and timings. Armor locking would help to decrease a gap between old or donator player to new not so good geared players. For example, a new player has full cast MG but no DEF. gear and he 1v1 a old/donated type Barb. who has 3 sets of gear (DPH/APS/DEF). The Barb. would wreck a new player due to be able to switch builds instantly. But if armors lock was implented Barb. would need to pick one set and the fight would be more even.
Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:03 pm by Savi

Offline RandomDude

• Forum Veteran
thats stupid just lock ring armor and cards , only few ppl have def and atk ornas  so its just stupid

Offline shucuz

• retired
  • Characters: random
thats stupid just lock ring armor and cards , only few ppl have def and atk ornas  so its just stupid
+1 Do that or forget about it

Offline Artiom

• Entelechy
  • Ба́ба-яга́
  • Characters: Fobas / fobasmvp
  • Faction: Tyrants / Artifex
depends on situation

mass/tw.. sit in def..

1v1 or small pk/rpk, be creative (if you're good at kiting/running all over the map like burdette could possibly swap gear by waiting out battle timer)

not for me to figure out for you on how to play without autoswap
there is different wep requirement for different skills for wrs and some of them are stuns
На то и ум, чтобы достичь того, чего хочешь.