Epic Perfect World

UI Question

Offline AngeloJello

• Beginner
I'm not really sure if this classifies as support but is just mainly a question regarding UI's. So I downloaded a UI last night and it looks awesome and it is basically everything I want but for whatever reason when I send pm's or type in guild chat I cant send more than 15 words. Is this just a UI bug or is it something that I can adjust in the files? I tried it again without the UI and I am able to send more than 15 words easily but whenever I download the UI I can't send more than 15 words. Anyone know if that can be fixed?

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
I'm not really sure if this classifies as support but is just mainly a question regarding UI's. So I downloaded a UI last night and it looks awesome and it is basically everything I want but for whatever reason when I send pm's or type in guild chat I cant send more than 15 words. Is this just a UI bug or is it something that I can adjust in the files? I tried it again without the UI and I am able to send more than 15 words easily but whenever I download the UI I can't send more than 15 words. Anyone know if that can be fixed?
It's because the UI hasn't edited the maximum allowed characters in the chatbox, it's a file inside of interfaces.pck
Honestly man, it's really annoying to do for someone who probably hasn't even touched UI editing before. I'd personally just find a different custom UI.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
open up interfaces
go to chat in version01
then edit it in notepad
ctrl+f maxlen
edit 80 to 120
save
pack back interfaces
use that

Offline AngeloJello

• Beginner
open up interfaces
go to chat in version01
then edit it in notepad
ctrl+f maxlen
edit 80 to 120
save
pack back interfaces
use that
Thanks Seby

Lilly_Satou

This is not a bug.

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
shut up
I concur, for once.

Also, not difficult at all to fix. Dk why anyone would look for an entirely new UI just because their chat length wasn't maxed out.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
Also, not difficult at all to fix. Dk why anyone would look for an entirely new UI just because their chat length wasn't maxed out.
Yes, because someone who clearly has no knowledge in UI editing will know how to get sPCK, open up interfaces, and then find the exact file & know which value to change in order to do this?
Please.
If Seby hadn't been kind enough to tell him the filepath, I'm sure he wouldn't of known what to do. 

OmegaRa

Yes, because someone who clearly has no knowledge in UI editing will know how to get sPCK, open up interfaces, and then find the exact file & know which value to change in order to do this?
Please.
If Seby hadn't been kind enough to tell him the filepath, I'm sure he wouldn't of known what to do.
You quote K a lot

Offline Σѕкιмo

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Eskimo, Kae
Please.
Hence why they can refer to your guide, which is part of the reason you made it to begin with. If you weren't feeling lazy, you would have explained to them where it was just like Seby did. You act like it's rocket science.

Anyways, since this was solved, it should be locked (unless of course OP has some more questions), in which case I'm sure some of us would be glad to help.