Epic Perfect World

0 Defense

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
With the talks of restricting gear-swapping, it made me think about a few things in particular, one of them being 0 defense and the venomancers that abuse it.

With the talks of gearswapping being restricted, this opens the door for play styles such as this to benefit greatly. With defense being lowered dramatically assuming that most people won't be defense camping as much, I believe that 0 defense will become a bigger issue than it is now already.

My suggestion is to reduce 0 defenses proc rate from 20%10% 

This has been done on multiple servers already and has worked out fine, with the ability of 0 defense still there- but not having it be such an intrusive feature in PK. The fact that many venomancers can currently base their entire playstyle around the procing of this skill, such as the venomancer in this video, makes me believe that it procs way too much..

Offline Mitch

• uwu motherfucker
  • I am a poop #echogmabuse
  • Characters: ★Michalynn★Brooklynn★
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
90% of demon wf play this way these days ;c run around in circles till 0 def, while in def gear ;c take away def gear wont work quite as well ;c

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
90% of demon wf play this way these days ;c run around in circles till 0 def, while in def gear ;c take away def gear wont work quite as well ;c
That's the point. The reason that they are able to play this way is because the chances of 0 defense procing is high enough that this form of gameplay is practical..

When other servers reduced the % chance we saw that more Sage venomancers were being played instead of demon. Since 20% chance of killing someone instantly is extremely appealing, obviously demon is mostly the only cultivation played on EPW.

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
I'm basically 40

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity

Offline forum user

• Forum Veteran
Absolutely +1, i was thinking the same          

Offline Extra

• Head in the clouds
Yes dude. This needs to happen if gear restriction is applied +1.

Offline Skazy

• Forum Veteran
  • Best EA/WF/PL/LEADER/PLAYER/HUSBAND
  • Characters: rtts
  • Faction: ★469★
i agree, also remove knock down from wb or make it 30% shts too broken  :police:
aye also wait for new patch to see how wfs do then, stop trying to nerf everything that isnt ur class holy sht

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
 Since 20% chance of killing someone instantly is extremely appealing, obviously demon is mostly the only cultivation played on EPW.

"20% Chance to instantly kill someone"
"In your own video, in the very first fight, they proc 0def on you then they (The veno) die instantly, and you survive."

-1, Reduce Demon stone rain to 10% and Demon Pole Stun to 15% then.

Good use of tidal leap though, I want to wr vs wr you sometime.

kitty stew

nah -1

Pets itself are fine, it's their defense buffs that make them really tanky... Also reducing 0 def chance is something I'd like to avoid.

No plans for this.
domgrath is hoping if he cries enough about it he'll get his way

Offline Error404: Gitgud

• Moderated
  • of House Tyrant ✩
  • Characters: SkillSender/StickToPVE
  • Faction: Tyrants
+1
0pdef shows no skill lol I don't see why its there at all

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
Real talk, 0 defense is ridiculous in 1v1 and mass PK.

I'm not biting any of the bait here.

Offline Shinaring

• Hone Addict
  • Master Edater - Cube race wizard.
  • Characters: Shinaring, Shingaling
  • Faction: Vehements
Real talk, 0 defense is ridiculous in 1v1 and mass PK. I'm not biting any of the bait here.
You survived 2 out of the 3 that hit you, It's not bait. 

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
You survived 2 out of the 3 that hit you, It's not bait.
Sure, I outplayed it by using immunities, genie, sparks.

How does someone survive 0D in mass PK where 5+ archers are AAing? You don't. You are instantly hierod regardless of your buffs, your "skill". It's instant and pratically unavoidable.

Are you going to go ahead and deny that now? That won't change regardless of any balance patch unless 0D % is lowered. 

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Sure, I outplayed it by using immunities, sparks.
How does someone survive 0D in mass PK where 5+ archers are AAing? You don't. You are instantly hierod regardless of your buffs, your "skill". It's instant and pratically unavoidable.
Are you going to go ahead and deny that now?
well in theory 5eas aaing you will kill u insta with or w.o 0d...