Epic Perfect World

Nerf EA CT

Offline 🅵🅸🅻🆃🅷

• Characters: Filth.
  • Faction: Artiflex
You base this on what?
Personal experience. I can't prove exactly what's causing the screen freeze's however I can point out the coincidence in the fact that more people are starting to use skillsender and screen freeze's are starting to become more of a problem again.
You seem to be trying to bait me into arguing technicalities with you which im not interested in doing. Maybe nerfing EA CT isn't a fix for the problem, idk but its the only constructive suggestion I have. If anyone else has any ideas or opinions lets hear them.

Offline Yulia

• banned for nothing
  • I havent been sharing skill sender
  • Faction: PalsySqd
Yeah I know Aga said that but im not convinced. The freezes everyones been getting are the same as everyone had when scripting went mainstream. Its seems more like 3rd party program causing it imo. And if it is hardware/server issues why does it only happen in PK? I havent had one screen freeze all day and then 3 pinoys sigged sundown and my screen started freezing for 15 seconds at a time.
I telling you autoswap programs and Skill Senders CANNOT cause such a thing, even overtime. They do things elementclient.exe normally do on a daily basis, just faster then you could. They even use sections of memory FROM elementclient to do this. Server can not be lagged from clientside means. 
If the host has not had maintenance or replacement in a good long while you will start to see degradation thats just the nature of hosting a server, and keep in mind assuming Agatio HAS hyperfilter, if someone hits that hard enough it will block the attack but you will still "feel" the attempts ingame slightly. 
Problem with the connection is very simple. Too many players regularly logging in for too long, everytime a player logs server has to reserve sections of RAM specifically for that player's session in main map + any maps they log.
Simple summary: if you have a good ping ingame but lag, common sense implies that server hardware isn't processing server file checks as it should aka GS glinkd etc, server has to recieve data, via bandwidth, and then process it, and then send it back, if its struggling to process, or slowing down, you will have connection-like lag, with great ping. Case and point. Just a little explanation for you guys, Im sure Domgrath gonna quote me and say im full of shit

Offline Headless

• Come again
  • Don't look at me
  • Characters: Mongol
it's 100% sure the amount of people usuing script with their 12 peice of gear change lets say 50 ppl switching gear at the same time - server gets big delay

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
I can point out the coincidence in the fact that more people are starting to use skillsender and screen freeze's are starting to become more of a problem again.
More people are getting 3x int wrists at the same time too so you'd say the lag is caused by 3x int wrists?
Maybe nerfing EA CT isn't a fix for the problem, idk but its the only constructive suggestion I have

And yes, nerfing ct won't solve any problems. If anything it will cause more problems since EA would lack damage to kill stuff.
Not trying to argue, just pointing out these useless suggestions that people believe will solve everything.
For lag: Wait for new machine.
For skillsend: no solution other than banning (or advanced stuff that i doubt Agatio knows how to do(no offense)).
Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 06:54 pm by Burdette

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Buying 3 sets switcher autoswap message me here paying good

Offline left alt

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: ★420★
I had no lags or delay back in 2 years ago, even in mass pk too
good times, playing with full models and no lag  :'(

Offline Izuna

• Ajay #1 ♥
  • He's my daddy and my love
  • Characters: Izuna
  • Faction: A nice one
Everyone who scripts or uses skillsender etc is just bad cause can't do shiit without them...fcking baddies

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
hate males who likes other males

Offline 🅵🅸🅻🆃🅷

• Characters: Filth.
  • Faction: Artiflex
More people are getting 3x int wrists at the same time too so you'd say the lag is caused by 3x int wrists?And yes, nerfing ct won't solve any problems. If anything it will cause more problems since EA would lack damage to kill stuff.
Not trying to argue, just pointing out these useless suggestions that people believe will solve everything.
For skillsend: no solution other than banning (or advanced stuff that i doubt Agatio knows how to do(no offense)).
I mentioned multiple times that everything I've said is my opinion. That means its not fact. It may well be true but I can't prove it in the same sense that you can't prove otherwise. Its easy for you to sit here and defend CT because it would directly affect your character build however you're basically trying to argue against what ive posted without any proof of your own.
Maybe Yulia is right and its the server hardware failing. It just seems an odd coincidence that everyone started scripting and we had freezes and now skillsender is become more mainstream and the freezes have suddenly returned.

Lets hope you're correct.

Offline Yulia

• banned for nothing
It is more then likely the age of the actual host machine, its probably just a coincidence that its happening in time, or roughly with what your saying. Once Agatio fixed the host and its still happening that would be cause for concern, but until then all variables have to be eliminated first Yeah?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
New host isn't going to fix freezes coming from scripting, that's for sure...
i meant mass pk ping ones where u freeze completely for 4sec or u get sent back few metres to a previous char position

Offline Burdette

• Former Administrator
Its easy for you to sit here and defend CT because it would directly affect your character build however you're basically trying to argue against what ive posted without any proof of your own
You want to nerf ct because skillsend OP right? I don't think I need to prove how i know it's useless to nerf ct as an attempt to nerf skillsend.

Offline Yulia

• banned for nothing
They are talking about the laggy connection, despite having their ping be like 200 in the green or less. Which suggests the server delivery and badwidth are fine but the machine itselfs having issues processing, no?

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Exactly how does high CT make skillsender useful? What is the difference skillsend does between 70ct and 99 ct?
The more skills you shoot in given period of time, the more time skill-sender lets you save. No need a big math for that.

Offline ๖ۣۜĐomgrath

• Nightmare Berserker
  • www.youtube.com/domgrathpw Guides, Gameplay, Livestreams (Amy's property don't mad)
  • Characters: Đomgrath Nemesis Sauron
  • Faction: Artifex
You want to nerf ct because skillsend OP right? I don't think I need to prove how i know it's useless to nerf ct as an attempt to nerf skillsend.
Most famous skillsender instant cast EA defending CT.. Moving along, anyone else?